Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 11 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Money talks - just cut back on the amount they get each week.
I'd question why you'd want to do that. If you've believe it's to save public money then you should be absolutely melting over several recent* government spends. Most folks on Newstart earn $601 fornightly, which annually is 12000 times less than the amount the government spent on opening the Christmas Island detention centre for a photo-op. Or 5300 times less than the government spent on nothing, in order to appease a water buyback quota, without touching big business.

Reducing money serves to lessen the ethical obligation a government has towards keeping its citizens alive and healthy. If they cannot afford food and/or shelter they get sick and either become a burden on the medical system, or die at the conscience of government. I'd advocate rather than restrict their allowances, restrict where and what the allowances can be used to the point of itemised categorical spend. The carrot being that if the citizen starts participating in society more they regain financial freedoms (ie they can buy their booze and smokes again).

I'd advocate rather than restrict their allowances, restrict where and what the allowances can be used to the point of itemised categorical spend. The carrot being that if the citizen starts participating in society more they regain financial freedoms (ie they can buy their booze and smokes again).
In principle, I'm all for this but in a more practical sense, the self-determination v. restriction debate is a tricky one due to past events.
One thing is certain - people who refuse to work need to be treated more harshly. I remember watching A Current Affair some time ago (back when I actually watched it), and this oxygen thief proudly stared down the TV camera, and boasted that he hadn't worked for 28 years, and nobody was going to make him get a job. The government needs to come down hard on such people, who believe themselves to be exempt from the laws that everyone else has to adhere to!!!!
Maybe I'm naive, but I'd like to think that such "people" are in the minority, and the majority who rely on government help are unable to work or unable to find work.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'd like to think that such "people" are in the minority, and the majority who rely on government help are unable to work or unable to find work.
I think they'd have to be in the minority. To a sharp degree, otherwise the balances for supporting that amount of non-working people would top over very quickly.

On a side note, the hellfire burger is pretty great. Too bad it's on sale at the same time as the hot and spicy (Victoria doesn't get it as a regular item). Irritates a tad but my bowel appreciates the dilemma.
The so-called "Hellfire Burger" barely tickles me. The Spicy Jalapeno wrap I find has more of a punch to it. Actually I had one today, and it's ******* delicious

On a side note, the hellfire burger is pretty great. Too bad it's on sale at the same time as the hot and spicy (Victoria doesn't get it as a regular item). Irritates a tad but my bowel appreciates the dilemma.

I should be sponsored by Subway in all seriousness.

The amount of times I’ve had Subway already this year...

Subway - Eat Fresh!!!

Unfortunately, the only thing mine ever says is "goodbye".

You reckon that’s bad. Mine goes all Cornelia Francis on me.

“You are The Weakest Link”

“Goodbye”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, the only thing mine ever says is "goodbye".
Money can't buy happiness, but it can definitely buy a better class of misery :).

Money can't buy happiness, but it can definitely buy a better class of misery :).

tenor.gif

Mine is like the typical Neighbours false friend.

"I never really liked you!"

So I imagine money sings something like this

Or maybe something like this

You've missed him giving out free likes. It's been alluring.

*that face when you realise the talisman is a stooge*

*and like eating ass*

*NTTAWT*

Meanwhile.... this bloke is on call.
Meh, I post in threads with GG.exe.

Our new gameplan is to let the opposition's turnover merchant rack up possessions at will. Saves us having to go in and win a hard ball. Kinda like what Collingwood did with Dylan Shiel.

The odd thing is he is rated second for total turnovers and 8th in clangers but is also 1st for total inside 50's , 8th in total effective disposals , first in total meters gained , 7th in total goal assists , second in total centre clearances. Yes it would be nice to eliminate a few of the clangers.

I think they'd have to be in the minority. To a sharp degree, otherwise the balances for supporting that amount of non-working people would top over very quickly.

The so-called "Hellfire Burger" barely tickles me. The Spicy Jalapeno wrap I find has more of a punch to it. Actually I had one today, and it's ******* delicious
I LOVE Chilli...I even have it for brekkie, and lunch and dinner!
Pic below gives you some idea
1556272773149.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back