Official Match Thread Season 29 First Qualifying Final - Sin City Swamprats vs Roys FFC at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Top Gear, some of the trips and challenges they did were fantastic. The Rover James (or The Old People's Car) is one of my all time favourites

Rover James | Top Gear Wiki | Fandom

Some other challenges I enjoyed:

The different strategies the guys tried out to run out of fuel were pretty clever actually

Like the Rover James, there were times in this one where I was just laughing that hard it was nuts, Hammond trying to build his house was funny as

This one was good fun too although they made an absolute mess of Twickenham

Sparkle you watching the Bundesliga mate? The Weder Bremen goal was an absolute pearler!

I've been floating around BigFooty for a bit but I'm about to tune into the second half of the matches, should be good watching

I've been floating around BigFooty for a bit but I'm about to tune into the second half of the matches, should be good watching

First impressions - Wolfsburg have done a real nice job with the covers over the seats, will be interesting to see if the seat covers are expanded when footy comes back

First impressions - Wolfsburg have done a real nice job with the covers over the seats, will be interesting to see if the seat covers are expanded when footy comes back
Creativity wise, this is my favourite idea yet by Danish side AGF Aarhus a zoom wall of fans

1590849739862.png

I heard the idea floated on a soccer podcast a month and a half ago somewhat sarcastically but it was actually done and the result wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Still, it's so so hard to create that atmosphere. If you look at the Bundesliga, the home advantage is basically dead which is really interesting.

Creativity wise, this is my favourite idea yet by Danish side AGF Aarhus a zoom wall of fans

View attachment 884177

I heard the idea floated on a soccer podcast a month and a half ago somewhat sarcastically but it was actually done and the result wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Still, it's so so hard to create that atmosphere. If you look at the Bundesliga, the home advantage is basically dead which is really interesting.

That's not a terrible idea actually, would be great if the Zoom had a camera at centre field for the fans on the Zoom to watch live. As you said too the home crowd is really a major part of football, especially European football, and having 3 of the 4 away teams in the Bundesliga leading at half time just goes to show how much impact the crowd can have

That was a beautiful cross in for Wolfsburg to score too, from what I've seen that match has been a good contest

That's not a terrible idea actually, would be great if the Zoom had a camera at centre field for the fans on the Zoom to watch live. As you said too the home crowd is really a major part of football, especially European football, and having 3 of the 4 away teams in the Bundesliga leading at half time just goes to show how much impact the crowd can have

That was a beautiful cross in for Wolfsburg to score too, from what I've seen that match has been a good contest
I'm watching the Schalke game. Weston McKennie just hip and shouldered an opponent!

I'm watching the Schalke game. Weston McKennie just hip and shouldered an opponent!

I've still got a couple of weeks left on the Kayo free trial we got through Telstra so I've split screened all three matches (I'm pretty keen on real live actual sport), it's actually pretty hard to watch three games at once. I've got the sound of for Wolfsburg-Frankfurt though

I did catch a ripping save about 5-10 minutes ago by the Bremen keeper, and as I type this he put in a ripping spoil as well

I've still got a couple of weeks left on the Kayo free trial we got through Telstra so I've split screened all three matches (I'm pretty keen on real live actual sport), it's actually pretty hard to watch three games at once. I've got the sound of for Wolfsburg-Frankfurt though

I did catch a ripping save about 5-10 minutes ago by the Bremen keeper, and as I type this he put in a ripping spoil as well
Speaking of live sport, I can't wait for footy to come back! Will be especially sweet to beat your mob at the cheat ground!

Speaking of live sport, I can't wait for footy to come back! Will be especially sweet to beat your mob at the cheat ground!

The only way the Hawks are beating the Cats is on AFL Evolution 2! Maybe AFL Evolution.

Definitely not AFL Premiership 2007 though, we were pretty good that year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way the Hawks are beating the Cats is on AFL Evolution 2! Maybe AFL Evolution.

Definitely not AFL Premiership 2007 though, we were pretty good that year
Screenshotted for future referencing

Schalke Bremen featured a great defensive display from Bremen at the end to hold on to a very valuable 3 points. Fiery game, hard fought game and it's just so good to have live sport back!

Bremen Schalke featured a great defensive display from Bremen at the end to hold on to a very valuable 3 points. Fiery game, hard fought game and it's just so so good to have live sport back!

And some fantastic play against the flow from Frankfurt was enough for them to go ahead and stay their, capturing three points and lifting them away (just) from the relegation zone

Hear hear!!!! I can't wait to see Port take on the Crows - if I had a dollar for every replay I've seen in the last couple of months, I reckon I could afford a new car.......

Hear hear!!!! I can't wait to see Port take on the Crows - if I had a dollar for every replay I've seen in the last couple of months, I reckon I could afford a new car.......

In terms of replays equalling money for a car, I might be able to afford the shell of a VN Commodore to put in the backyard. My initial plan was to watch enough to trade in for a shiny new Ford Mustang but so much other stuff has come up to keep me busy I've not watched that many replays (certainly less than I thought I would)

I guess having Round 1 sort of stand in between the summer/off-season and then another break afterwards, this break (for me at least, maybe some other fans too) sort of moulds into a really long off-season/summer break

I guess having Round 1 sort of stand in between the summer/off-season and then another break afterwards, this break (for me at least, maybe some other fans too) sort of moulds into a really long off-season/summer break
It has very much felt like an off-season of sorts. Minus all of the articles about how good Harley Bennell is looki-

Oh my bad, it feels exactly like a regular pre-season

This is what we've played for all season Rats - these moments don't come along very often, and don't just assume you'll get another opportunity next season. Get out there this afternoon, and claim a preliminary final berth!!!!!

This is what we've played for all season Rats - these moments don't come along very often, and don't just assume you'll get another opportunity next season. Get out there this afternoon, and claim a preliminary final berth!!!!!
"They may take our wifes, but they will never take our...

... WIBERTY!
"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back