Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

What is this guy talking about?
Ah, a new season, a new dawn and a new batch of rookies ready to be shown just how random the Sim is.

Hi, I am a Shouty Man, and I’m here to tell you about how the Season 31 Gun of the Year Award is gonna go down.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Thank You tony.

Each round, rookies selected in their team’s squad will get put through the Sim and be challenged to get more DreamTeam points than their counterparts. The 4 rookies with the most Adjusted DreamTeam points will then be reported back and 1 will be judged to be that week’s Gun nom. This means posting numbers will have no effect on this, but certainly helps to have a better position (for some teams).

At the end of the Home and Away season, the 17 weekly nominees will form the S31 All-Rook squad. The rookie with the most Adjusted DreamTeam points among them will be deemed the Top Gun.

Both the All-Rook squad and the Top Gun winner will be announced during the Rising Star Award Night.

Ah, a new season, a new dawn and a new batch of rookies ready to be shown just how random the Sim is.

Hi, I am a Shouty Man, and I’m here to tell you about how the Season 31 Gun of the Year Award is gonna go down.

View attachment 1051047

Thank You tony.

Each round, rookies selected in their team’s squad will get put through the Sim and be challenged to get more DreamTeam points than their counterparts. The 4 rookies with the most Adjusted DreamTeam points will then be reported back and 1 will be judged to be that week’s Gun nom. This means posting numbers will have no effect on this, but certainly helps to have a better position (for some teams).

At the end of the Home and Away season, the 17 weekly nominees will form the S31 All-Rook squad. The rookie with the most Adjusted DreamTeam points among them will be deemed the Top Gun.

Both the All-Rook squad and the Top Gun winner will be announced during the Rising Star Award Night.
Another award I can win. Nice.

OK FootyGuy13 you can wrap this thread up now. Between you, me & DockerDen5215 I think we've covered all that needs to be covered. Cheers.

fin.gif

No one asked for this.
Hello! It is I, FootyGuy13 (winner of the Goose Award, Top Gun Award, All-Rook Captain, R12 Gun nom and R13 Torch nom in Season 30), back again to answer some questions no one asked about.

I. HOW DOES THE “GUN OF THE YEAR” WORK?

Every round, the player with the most Adjusted DreamTeam points from each line (Mids, Backs, Forwards and WildCard) may become candidate for the award.

Then, the Rising Star Committee will pick one among the candidates to be the Gun nomination (or Gun nom), considering the players contribution to their teams in that particular round. The winner will be announced prior to the following round.

II. HOW DOES THE TOP GUN AWARD AND THE ALL-ROOK SQUAD WORK?

Those are cumulative. Player’s Adjusted DreamTeam (ADT) points during the season are added up. The player with the most ADT points wins the Top Gun.

Those among the Top-20 who weren’t a Gun nom, they also receive the title of Gun. Their names will be announced during the Rising Star Night.

If the All-Rook squad ends up with more than 20 players, those with less ADT points will be named as All-Rook emergencies. Players will be fielded in the line-up preferably in their most common positions. If not possible, than, in a position or a line that they have played. The order for fielding will be decided primarily by the amount of ADT points. Players may be fielded in a strange position to complete the All-Rook side.

III. WHAT DO YOU MEAN “ADJUSTED DREAMTEAM POINTS”?

Okay, so the Sim gives out a DreamTeam score based on how many kicks, tackles, goals you get in that game with the amount you get in those categories dependent on what position you play

Basically, it is the DT score multiplied by a determined adjusting factor depending on the position in which the player is listed for a particular round. These are the positions and their respective factors:

1612407558364.png

Thus, it doesn’t matter much where one plays. Everybody has a fair shot at the prize.

IV. HOW ARE THE NOMINEES FOR THE ROUND CHOSEN?

Every round, every player gets ranked from Most ADT points to least. They are then split into the 3 positional categories of Midfield (RR, R, W, C and Ro), Back (HBF, CHB, FB and BP) and Forward (HFF, CHF, FF and FP). Each player that tops the 3 categories becomes a candidate to be chosen for the nomination. The remaining players (including the Interchange players) then go for the 4th WildCard spot. Whoever has the most ADT points out of those remaining gets that 4th spot.

There is a catch; you have to get more than 75 ADT points. Should any category fail to have anyone score those 75 ADT points, another WildCard spot will be created to fill the absence.

Consider, if you will, this:

1612407666843.png

In this, the player with the most ADT points came from the Back Pocket and scored 46 DT points. Terrible for some positions, but awesome for the Back Pocket. You’ll also see that the WildCard player had more ADT points than the Midfield player. That’s because he was good enough to be in the Top 4, but not the best forward (and yes, the WildCard player could be the top scorer if they started on the bench). Of the 22 players, 9 were eligible candidacy with every category covered.

DUE NOTE: The player given the Gun nom in the example might not necessarily be the player with the most ADT points. The 4 candidates would be looked at and it would actually be more likely that Player 2 got the Gun nom. But I don’t know the opinions of the other S30 people so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If enough S30 people start complaining that the person they would’ve voted didn’t get a candidacy, depending on team affiliation, I will begrudgingly give them the WildCard spot instead (because I betcha this will happen, like, once).

It doesn’t matter much where one plays. Everybody has a fair shot at the prize.

V. CAN ANY ROOKIE GET THE AWARD?

It’s simples. One just needs to post once in his team's match thread before the final siren. Otherwise, his adjusting factor that week is “0”; regardless of his position or score. If the Rising Star Committee misses a late entry, it's up for the rookie to point it out.

For the Top Gun and the All-Rook squad, there is no minimum of posts required. Every performance during the season will count for the final ladder with all factors taken into account.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A sneak peek at our Round 9 clash.
gifntext-gif-gif.1051221

Remove this Banner Ad

Back