Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

I accept this honor, lady and gentleman .
I would like to improve my game, I'm a bit of a scrubber that gets bumped a lot and turns it over.
Have to go, gotta get up early to drive mother to church.

View attachment 1116561
The Roys should sign her up. Seems like a good fit at The BJO.

Save the best for the best
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
ROUND 13 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - DockerDen5215 (CIW) - ADT 87.09

And this is why Round 13 is the best time of the season. It doesn't matter the journey that lead to the stars aligning to make this happen, all that matters is that the only rookie in the S31 class that is worthy enough to hold the distinction of Round 13 candidate was able to reach such goals. Looking at DockerDen's stats, they should have a good chance of getting the Round 13 nomination as well. 25 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 2 frees against and 1 behind, that is what you call a wing performance. DockerDen has been waiting for this chance all year, wanting to be liked enough by the sim and now another chance has come to get that nomination. Now, who else is up to face him?

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. What a time to be alive. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; crazywildhorse (34.63).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (108.10), Gadzorks (103.39), Cuzz09 (94.95), Ash24 (92.38), Here2tellyouwhy (64.27), Mrs haydo (56.62), Judd_Magic (39.02).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Heardy_101 (152.55), Freo_4eva (113.30), wherearemykeys (92.03), FishingRick04 (90.24), Grimesy87 (83.48), Zevon (81.80), GREENESHOOTS (58.00), Catsnlakers (54.05), Aristotle Pickett (49.67), Zoops (45.28), BringBackTheAnchor (31.61), Jabba73 (20.14).

Oh, and here's some stats.
1620038328472.png

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?

View attachment 1118069
ROUND 13 CANDIDATES

And this is why Round 13 is the best time of the season. It doesn't matter the journey that lead to the stars aligning to make this happen, all that matters is that the only rookie in the S31 class that is worthy enough to hold the distinction of Round 13 candidate was able to reach such goals. Looking at DockerDen's stats, they should have a good chance of getting the Round 13 nomination as well. 25 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 2 frees against and 1 behind, that is what you call a wing performance. DockerDen has been waiting for this chance all year, wanting to be liked enough by the sim and now another chance has come to get that nomination. Now, who else is up to face him?

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. What a time to be alive. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; crazywildhorse (34.63).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (108.10), Gadzorks (103.39), Cuzz09 (94.95), Ash24 (92.38), Here2tellyouwhy (64.27), Mrs haydo (56.62), Judd_Magic (39.02).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Heardy_101 (152.55), Freo_4eva (113.30), wherearemykeys (92.03), FishingRick04 (90.24), Grimesy87 (83.48), Zevon (81.80), GREENESHOOTS (58.00), Catsnlakers (54.05), Aristotle Pickett (49.67), Zoops (45.28), BringBackTheAnchor (31.61), Jabba73 (20.14).

View attachment 1118073

View attachment 1118069
ROUND 13 CANDIDATES

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

View attachment 1118073

Don’t f*ck this up DockerDen5215.

View attachment 1118069
ROUND 13 CANDIDATES

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

View attachment 1118073

This undeserving human can wait another week, I shall be crowned the Round 13 Winner.

It's the most wonderful time of the season
Ah, Round 13. Nothing beats the time of the season (except being in the Grand Final) and for that I could only expect the best of the best from the rookies as they try to score each other while those who didn't get a nomination in the first 13 weeks are left wondering where it all went wrong. I hold the distinction of being the Round 13 nominee in very hard regard, ask the S29 people since they cheated me out of one. But this isn't about me (yet), it's all about this year's lucky guy who gets to walk down the street with the best secondary honour no one except me will care about. And there's only one rookie I could care about. So the Round 13 Gun nomination is...
1620515996781.png 1620516029819.png

That's right. The player that gets to be the best just for the number Round he got nominated in is also a rookie from my own team. That doesn't seem rigged at all. So the next question is, how did this all come about? Well, let's just see...

Doesn't wait for the ball to reach the defensive 50 to intercept.
1 : 8.51 {C} - Quick hands to Western Stand Warrior.
1 : 8.53 {rW} - Sees guero out of the corner of his eye.
1 : 8.57 {rW} - DockerDen5215 upset the marking attempt by guero.
1 : 9.01 {lW} - DockerDen5215 has it. What can he do with it?.
1 : 9.06 {rHFF} - Quick hands to FootyGuy13 under pressure.
DockerDen and guero were have a great time.
1 : 9.26 {lW} - Nobody's checking DockerDen5215.
1 : 9.3 {lW} - DockerDen5215 is chased down by guero - great effort!.
1 : 9.34 {rW} - guero has it. What can he do with it?.
1 : 9.38 {rW} - guero is chased down by DockerDen5215 - great effort!.
1 : 9.4 {lW} - The ball is now with DockerDen5215.
1 : 9.45 {rW} - Gets a handpass away to Tonga Bob.
Now I get to figure out just why the umpires hate the guy.
1 : 13.43 {CHB} - A slick handpass goes to Broken.
1 : 13.48 {rW} - He kicks towards guero and DockerDen5215.
1 : 13.52 {rW} - guero can't mark. DockerDen5215 can.
1 : 13.56 {lW} - DockerDen5215 breaks free and has found some space.
1 : 13.58 {lW} - DockerDen5215 sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
1 : 14.02 {lW} - The players stop in confusion. For some reason the ump has paid a free to DockerDen5215.
1 : 14.06 {rW} - guero wants to get on with proceedings.
This was going to be a battle.
1 : 15.33 {rHBF} - So TubbsFarquhar ... with a moment to digest his options.
1 : 15.37 {lW} - He chooses the sensible option - to kick it long.
1 : 15.41 {lW} - Over the head of DockerDen5215.
1 : 15.45 {lW} - DockerDen5215 through heavy traffic.
1 : 15.47 {lW} - DockerDen5215 has wild shot at goal.
1 : 15.51 {lW} - guero gets a hand to it just in time.
Coney Island Warriors : 2.2.14
Las Vegas Bears : 3.3.21
One of them wasn't coming out this game in one piece.
2 : 7 {rW} - Millky95 bounces the ball.
2 : 7.04 {rW} - Someone call an ambulance for guero. DockerDen5215 lined him up and did the job well.
2 : 7.08 {lW} - DockerDen5215 sucks it up like a dustbuster and he's off and running.
2 : 7.12 {rW} - A wild handball - but luckily Tonga Bob was well placed to clean up.
2 : 7.14 {lW} - He handpasses to DockerDen5215.
2 : 7.18 {lW} - Flicks it to Spanna_.
Yeah, I can see why DockerDen gets all the frees against.
2 : 8.14 {rW} - A short kick to guero.
2 : 8.16 {rW} - DockerDen5215 reckons he got a touch to that but the umpire's having none of it. Mark to guero.
2 : 8.2 {rW} - With the ball is guero.
2 : 8.24 {rW} - Watch out! Oh! DockerDen5215 has laid guero out flat.
2 : 8.28 {lW} - DockerDen5215 has it. What can he do with it?.
Didn't even need to attempt the intercept to get that one.
2 : 8.38 {CHB} - Nobody's checking MWPP.
2 : 8.43 {rW} - guero calls for it.
2 : 8.45 {rW} - But DockerDen5215 is better positioned and marks safely.
Just driving each other into the ground.
2 : 17.46 {lW} - With the ball is Matera92.
2 : 17.51 {rW} - Long handpass to the running guero.
2 : 17.55 {rW} - DockerDen5215 applies the tackle.
2 : 17.57 {lW} - Quality gather by DockerDen5215.
Doesn't even need to be an intercept to go foe the big marks.
3 : 4.37 {C} - Test Tickle taps it down.
3 : 4.46 {lW} - kdavva74 threads his way through traffic.
3 : 4.48 {C} - He tries to find DockerDen5215 with a chip pass.
3 : 4.52 {C} - Absolute hanger by DockerDen5215!.
3 : 4.56 {C} - DockerDen5215 looks downfield.
New opponent. Same Tactics.
3 : 19.17 {lHBF} - Fizzler has time to take a bounce.
3 : 19.19 {C} - Western Stand Warrior presents on a long lead.
3 : 19.23 {C} - DockerDen5215 upset the marking attempt by Western Stand Warrior.
3 : 19.28 {C} - DockerDen5215 with the ball now.
First, the fancy footwork.
4 : 14.52 {C} - Textbook ruckwork from Raveneyes.
4 : 15 {C} - DockerDen5215 dances around Western Stand Warrior.
4 : 15.04 {rW} - Flicks it to Tonga Bob.
Then, the not-so-fancy body slam.
4 : 15.18 {rW} - Gives the ball to Tonga Bob.
4 : 15.21 {C} - A wild kick laterally towards DockerDen5215.
4 : 15.24 {C} - Over the head of DockerDen5215.
4 : 15.28 {C} - Western Stand Warrior turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
4 : 15.33 {C} - OOOOOOOooohh... DockerDen5215 has poleaxed Western Stand Warrior.
4 : 15.35 {rW} - A bit of space for Tonga Bob to utilise.

And to complement a rough-and-tumble player, we decided to replicate his favourite movie for the interview, or at least the look of it.
1620517664228.png

FG: Hey TIF, the Warriors had a heartbreaking loss to the Bears in Round 13, but DockerDen did enough to get his long awaited nomination. How does it feel?
TIF: It feels just like I'm soaring through the sky and flying through the clouds on a magical flying carpet.

g8HzNEY.gif

FG: Congrats on getting DockerDen over to the Warriors. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TIF: Den was a part of the SFA recruitment tours in the off season and it's fair to say he caught the eye of a number of clubs. On the cusp of blowing his SFA career before it even began, Tonga Bob and I swooped and saved him from a future of painful tropes and forced metaphors and thankfully he was a heads up character and quickly realised he'd be a perfect fit for the Warriors and he hasn't looked back since. I think seeing him blossom like a field of bright yellow canola this season is proof enough he made the right call. Heck, he's even found love and got married all in his rookie season!

1620518105077.png

FG: He seems to having a fun time in the midfield ever since you put him there, what are your on-field aspirations for DockerDen?
TIF: We've enjoyed a renaissance on and off the field at Van Cortlandt Park this season with a number of high profile recruits (The Half Back, Test Tickle, kdavva74 back after S30) and a couple of club legends (toxic, Lord_Flashheart, Stronzo) returning to the fold so he definitely had to earn his spot. Now he's in there, he just needs to build on his performances week on week and I have no doubt he'll soon find himself in an All-SFA blazer, wingers at Coney Island have a rich history of taking the competition by storm.

FG: I know there's other rookies at Van Cortlandt this year, how have they been going themselves in your view?
TIF: We've brought in ten new/returning players this season and the vibe around the club has never been stronger, some have returned after that many seasons away they've practically Santoz'd themselves and could be forgiven for approaching their comebacks with the tentative steps of a rookie but we've seen most of those guys excel. We focussed on turning over the bottom half of our list and that saw us take a mix of marquee, returning experience and rookies and we're rapt with our haul. Our other S31 rookie Rad Roo has spent more time at the tribunal than on the field this season so we're yet to get a taste of what he has to offer.

FG: Now that we're almost done with the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TIF: Yeah, nah.

And now the moment that some may have been waiting for...
1620518083225.png

FG: Hey DockerDen! Congratulations on the nomination despite that close loss. You must be pleased with how you went in the game though. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
DD: I'd rather get 0 DT points and win the game, but yeah it was one of my better individual performances. I was roped into one of the tour practice matches on the AFL Fantasy board and enjoyed it, so I signed up.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is TIF, Tonga Bob and the rest of the Warriors looking after you?
DD: The more I understand the SFA the better it gets. They are definitely looking out for me and they all have been great at helping me find my footing in the league. I have quite a long leash to do as I please and I'm thankful to TiF and the LGs to allow me to do pretty much whatever I want.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
DD: I mainly stretch the alcohol out of my system from the night before, then break my little toe to give myself an adrenaline boost just as the game starts. My gun curse has been bad so I wasn't overly optimistic, but deep down I knew I'd get it eventually and finally I got it.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
DD: Eventually I hope to try and get a Mobbs Medal sometime in the future, but in the short term I want to help my team win a premiership. The last 3 weeks haven't been the best, but I trust in this team and the Warriors will come good by the end of this season to compete in finals.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
DD: Gumbies have had a great run in the last half of the season and Royals as well. For our team, Tonga Bob is probably the best winger in the competition since he debuted, and so I've been watching his style and hoping to be as good as him one day. I'm still new in my wing role so hopefully I can improve in the next 4 rounds to be better in finals.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
DD: Gun will probably go to someone who has been in the midfield for most of the season like Aristotle Pickett or maybe Jabba73. Overall rising star could be me or literally any one of the rookies posting a lot in match threads. I have a shot definitely, but I'm not holding my breath.

Attachments

• 1620517830923.png
    1620517830923.png
    99 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ah, Round 13. Nothing beats the time of the season (except being in the Grand Final) and for that I could only expect the best of the best from the rookies as they try to score each other while those who didn't get a nomination in the first 13 weeks are left wondering where it all went wrong. I hold the distinction of being the Round 13 nominee in very hard regard, ask the S29 people since they cheated me out of one. But this isn't about me (yet), it's all about this year's lucky guy who gets to walk down the street with the best secondary honour no one except me will care about. And there's only one rookie I could care about. So the Round 13 Gun nomination is...
View attachment 1122195View attachment 1122196

That's right. The player that gets to be the best just for the number Round he got nominated in is also a rookie from my own team. That doesn't seem rigged at all. So the next question is, how did this all come about? Well, let's just see...

Doesn't wait for the ball to reach the defensive 50 to intercept.

DockerDen and guero were have a great time.

Now I get to figure out just why the umpires hate the guy.

This was going to be a battle.

One of them wasn't coming out this game in one piece.

Yeah, I can see why DockerDen gets all the frees against.

Didn't even need to attempt the intercept to get that one.

Just driving each other into the ground.

Doesn't even need to be an intercept to go foe the big marks.

New opponent. Same Tactics.

First, the fancy footwork.

Then, the not-so-fancy body slam.

And to complement a rough-and-tumble player, we decided to replicate his favourite movie for the interview, or at least the look of it.

View attachment 1122222

FG: Hey TIF, the Warriors had a heartbreaking loss to the Bears in Round 13, but DockerDen did enough to get his long awaited nomination. How does it feel?
TIF: It feels just like I'm soaring through the sky and flying through the clouds on a magical flying carpet.

g8HzNEY.gif

FG: Congrats on getting DockerDen over to the Warriors. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TIF: Den was a part of the SFA recruitment tours in the off season and it's fair to say he caught the eye of a number of clubs. On the cusp of blowing his SFA career before it even began, Tonga Bob and I swooped and saved him from a future of painful tropes and forced metaphors and thankfully he was a heads up character and quickly realised he'd be a perfect fit for the Warriors and he hasn't looked back since. I think seeing him blossom like a field of bright yellow canola this season is proof enough he made the right call. Heck, he's even found love and got married all in his rookie season!

View attachment 1122227

FG: He seems to having a fun time in the midfield ever since you put him there, what are your on-field aspirations for DockerDen?
TIF: We've enjoyed a renaissance on and off the field at Van Cortlandt Park this season with a number of high profile recruits (The Half Back, Test Tickle, kdavva74 back after S30) and a couple of club legends (toxic, Lord_Flashheart, Stronzo) returning to the fold so he definitely had to earn his spot. Now he's in there, he just needs to build on his performances week on week and I have no doubt he'll soon find himself in an All-SFA blazer, wingers at Coney Island have a rich history of taking the competition by storm.

FG: I know there's other rookies at Van Cortlandt this year, how have they been going themselves in your view?
TIF: We've brought in ten new/returning players this season and the vibe around the club has never been stronger, some have returned after that many seasons away they've practically Santoz'd themselves and could be forgiven for approaching their comebacks with the tentative steps of a rookie but we've seen most of those guys excel. We focussed on turning over the bottom half of our list and that saw us take a mix of marquee, returning experience and rookies and we're rapt with our haul. Our other S31 rookie Rad Roo has spent more time at the tribunal than on the field this season so we're yet to get a taste of what he has to offer.

FG: Now that we're almost done with the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TIF: Yeah, nah.

And now the moment that some may have been waiting for...
View attachment 1122226

FG: Hey DockerDen! Congratulations on the nomination despite that close loss. You must be pleased with how you went in the game though. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
DD: I'd rather get 0 DT points and win the game, but yeah it was one of my better individual performances. I was roped into one of the tour practice matches on the AFL Fantasy board and enjoyed it, so I signed up.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is TIF, Tonga Bob and the rest of the Warriors looking after you?
DD: The more I understand the SFA the better it gets. They are definitely looking out for me and they all have been great at helping me find my footing in the league. I have quite a long leash to do as I please and I'm thankful to TiF and the LGs to allow me to do pretty much whatever I want.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
DD: I mainly stretch the alcohol out of my system from the night before, then break my little toe to give myself an adrenaline boost just as the game starts. My gun curse has been bad so I wasn't overly optimistic, but deep down I knew I'd get it eventually and finally I got it.

DD: Eventually I hope to try and get a Mobbs Medal sometime in the future, but in the short term I want to help my team win a premiership. The last 3 weeks haven't been the best, but I trust in this team and the Warriors will come good by the end of this season to compete in finals.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
DD: Gumbies have had a great run in the last half of the season and Royals as well. For our team, Tonga Bob is probably the best winger in the competition since he debuted, and so I've been watching his style and hoping to be as good as him one day. I'm still new in my wing role so hopefully I can improve in the next 4 rounds to be better in finals.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
DD: Gun will probably go to someone who has been in the midfield for most of the season like Aristotle Pickett or maybe Jabba73. Overall rising star could be me or literally any one of the rookies posting a lot in match threads. I have a shot definitely, but I'm not holding my breath.
I did it!

Woooooooo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is still going?

ROUND 14 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - powerrrrrrrrrrrr (SCS) - ADT 77.60

Well there's a plot twist for ya. Here I was thinking this was effectively done. Anyway, powerrrrrrrrrrrr must have gotten back into the Swamprat good books because they've gotten themselves back onto the field and they're making their chance of it. Or maybe this was on purpose and they wanted to take a few weeks off the rejuvenate while the rest crawl over the finish line. Well, with a stat line containing 13 disposals, 3 marks and 2 tackles, maybe there's something to that. Either way, looks like I'm not done with the Brazilian after all. Who else put their hand up?

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. Looks like I'm going back to the Swamp. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; crazywildhorse (67.15).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Ash24 (98.34), bl4ke (87.65), Here2tellyouwhy (42.36), Cuzz09 (30.68), Judd_Magic (27.37), Gadzorks (12.16).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Zoops (144.62), FishingRick04 (120.86), Freo_4eva (99.33), Catsnlakers (93.39), Aristotle Pickett (70.18), Grimesy87 (69.74), Jabba73 (69.47), Heardy_101 (67.40), Zevon (67.20), GREENESHOOTS (63.00), wherearemykeys (61.35), DockerDen5215 (54.56), BringBackTheAnchor (24.08).

1620644004181.png

Will Gremio stop caring about this award now that no Swamprat can get another nomination?

View attachment 1123895

ROUND 14 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - powerrrrrrrrrrrr (SCS) - ADT 77.60

Well there's a plot twist for ya. Here I was thinking this was effectively done. Anyway, powerrrrrrrrrrrr must have gotten back into the Swamprat good books because they've gotten themselves back onto the field and they're making their chance of it. Or maybe this was on purpose and they wanted to take a few weeks off the rejuvenate while the rest crawl over the finish line. Well, with a stat line containing 13 disposals, 3 marks and 2 tackles, maybe there's something to that. Either way, looks like I'm not done with the Brazilian after all. Who else put their hand up?

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. Looks like I'm going back to the Swamp. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; crazywildhorse (67.15).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Ash24 (98.34), bl4ke (87.65), Here2tellyouwhy (42.36), Cuzz09 (30.68), Judd_Magic (27.37), Gadzorks (12.16).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Zoops (144.62), FishingRick04 (120.86), Freo_4eva (99.33), Catsnlakers (93.39), Aristotle Pickett (70.18), Grimesy87 (69.74), Jabba73 (69.47), Heardy_101 (67.40), Zevon (67.20), GREENESHOOTS (63.00), wherearemykeys (61.35), DockerDen5215 (54.56), BringBackTheAnchor (24.08).

View attachment 1123928

Will Gremio stop caring about this award now that no Swamprat can get another nomination?

You got the Powerrrrrrrrrrrr AND the Passionnnnnnnnnnnn
From the best round, to the worst round. Round 14 sucks no matter what angle you look at it from. So I was going into the round thinking that it was going to be the first round without a nomination. philreich had other ideas when powerrrrrrrrrrrr showed up again and started posting, much to the glee of GremioPower. All that needed to be done was for the sim to see this and give powerrrrrrrrrrrr a favourable outcome. Which it did. It was even against another rookie that has played every game so far but hasn't posted in... a long time. And so the Round 14 Gun nomination is...
1621070490530.png 1621070649123.png

Alright, so it was another week of a rookie getting the nomination by default. Does that mean that he wasn't as good as previous winners. Well, check out his highlight reel yourself.

Not the sort of player you can make mistakes around.
1 : 1.2 {C} - Western Stand Warrior sucks it up like a dustbuster and he's off and running.
1 : 1.23 {rHFF} - bl4ke takes off on a lead.
1 : 1.28 {rHFF} - bl4ke slips at the crucial moment and its marked by powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
1 : 1.32 {lHBF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr signals for his teammates to present.

A fine 1-2 play.
3 : .18 {rHFF} - A long pass towards bl4ke.
3 : .22 {rHFF} - He can't hold it.
3 : .26 {lHBF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr with all the time in the world.
3 : .3 {lHBF} - Long handpass to the running MannumPower.
3 : .34 {lHBF} - Handballs to powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
3 : .38 {C} - Flicks it to Ant Bear.

If awards were given out for assists, this'd be up there.
3 : 22.16 {CHB} - With the ball is FishingRick04.
3 : 22.21 {lHBF} - Hands it off to powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
3 : 22.25 {lHBF} - What a tackle.
3 : 22.29 {rHFF} - bl4ke has it. What can he do with it?.
3 : 22.33 {rHFF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr applies the tackle on bl4ke.
3 : 22.37 {CHB} - FishingRick04 slowing down the play.
3 : 22.42 {lHBF} - Sees powerrrrrrrrrrrr out of the corner of his eye.
3 : 22.45 {lHBF} - The ball drops short of powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
3 : 22.49 {lHBF} - Running with the ball is powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
3 : 22.53 {lHBF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr has a bounce.
3 : 23 {rW} - A worm burner to jackster83.
3 : 23.04 {rW} - jackster83 traps the ball beautifully.
3 : 23.08 {rW} - jackster83 sizes the options in front of him.
3 : 23.12 {rW} - jackster83 from just outside the fifty ...
3 : 23.16 {rW} - jackster83 gets the six points.
Las Vegas Bears : 8.5.53
Sin City Swamprats : 13.4.82

Some tit for tat football between the rookies.
4 : 3.17 {lW} - Now Matera92 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
4 : 3.21 {lW} - Gives the ball to Broken.
4 : 3.25 {rHFF} - Kicks to a contest - bl4ke looks to get to thre front.
4 : 3.3 {rHFF} - bl4ke wrestles with powerrrrrrrrrrrr - and wins. Good mark.
4 : 3.34 {rHFF} - With the ball is bl4ke.
4 : 3.38 {rHFF} - He's brought down by powerrrrrrrrrrrr.
4 : 3.42 {lHBF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr wants to get on with proceedings.

Just because you said "no" the first time, doesn't mean you'll said the second time.
4 : 8.37 {lW} - Finds Matera92 with a handball.
4 : 8.4 {rHFF} - Pumps it long for bl4ke.
4 : 8.45 {rHFF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr reckons he got a touch to that but the umpire's having none of it. Mark to bl4ke.
4 : 8.49 {rHFF} - The ball is now with bl4ke.
4 : 8.53 {rHFF} - bl4ke leaves the ball behind and powerrrrrrrrrrrr will capitalize.
4 : 8.57 {lHBF} - powerrrrrrrrrrrr has it. What can he do with it?.

powerrrrrrrrrrrr definitely had a better second half compared to the first and he certainly had a nomination worthy game, considering he was a defender and that bl4ke didn't do much either as a forward.

If you hadn't heard, there's been some inane AFL chatter around what clubs can wear that might have some ramifications for this certain SFA club. I met up with some of the Swamprats in their war bunker and interviewed them while they tried to figure out how to get onto Hot Seat to carry out the assassination plot.

1621072509840.png

projectv: not sure I'm meant to be on this chain as I am no longer in the comp, but hello to the SFA and 'carn the Swampies!
philreich: Gone but never forgotten - you're always welcome back any time dude.
GremioPower: projectv is more than welcome in Sin City, and he knows that.

FG: Hey phil, close win against the Bears in Round 14, with an unexpected performance from powerrrrrrrrrrrr to be the third Gun nom for the Rata. How does it feel?
phil: I'm delighted for the lads - each of them deserves their nominations, and I'd love for one of them to go top.

FG: Congrats on getting powerrrrrrrrrrrr over to the Swampies. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
phil: He rocked up in the sign up thread before the start of the season, so I thought we could do with another Port fan on our list (those in our squad who follow other clubs will disagree vehemently), so I wooed him in a PM, and he agreed to join the Rats.

FG: He did a great job for you in defence, what are your on-field aspirations for powerrrrrrrrrrrr?
phil: As you can deduce from our ladder position, we're still far from settled, so the question is difficult one to answer. But we'll keep him in the back line for the time being, and see if he can deliver the goods for us.

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of Catsnlakers, and before that FishingRick04. How are they tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
phil: No more to add this season - we've been up and down like a bride's nightie, and if things go wrong, we could potentially be just 20 days away from our Mad Monday. But hopefully we'll be able to name some new signings before the start of season 32.

FG: Now that we're nearly done with the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
phil: What's done is done - we're happy with who we've got, and we're looking forward to season 32.

When powerrrrrrrrrrrr showed up shouting that he had big news for the Resistence, I decided to be a nice host and not let the rookie disturb a leader of a coup in an economy like this.

FG: Hey powerrrrrrrrrrrr! Congratulations on the nomination after all those weeks of not even being named. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

powerrrrrrrrrrrr: I was drawn to SFA after being heavily into my fantasy leagues for the past couple of years. Come the start of the year, the scouts came hunting and I jumped onboard for the next premiership dash. I also played 15 years of footy growing up and the team never played finals. After that, I’ve been forced to pursue my finals endeavours elsewhere and this is where my loyalties sit!
GP: Oh... Then, it was an easy pitch. 6 consecutive PF's!

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is phil, Gremio and the rest of the Rats looking after you?
powerrrrrrrrrrrr: the Rats haave been a great place to be and break out from the outside world here and there when I can between a busy schedule. The brilliant dad jokes from Phil, guidance from Gremio and general humour from the lads and ladettes in the locker room makes for a great days work.
GP: Really busy, indeed. Twelve (his name has 12 'r') went MIA for two months. We tried to get in touch. Nothing. Then, in a very Rat fashion, he came back as if nothing had happened. philreich has put him back in the lineup, and here we are... Gun of the Week!

powerrrrrrrrrrrr: my preparation for this week was a number of weeks in the making. Having come off a short break to refresh the legs I felt I was prepared to come out strong and help the team too a much needed win to keep the season alive. The nomination is just some icing on the cake after a career high game
GP: "Short break..." Sure! Absolutely. Let's go with that. The good news is that, with powerrrrrrrrrrrr, our record is 5-3-1; while without him, it's 1-4. We could have found our talisman after losing projectv. By the way, speaking of projectv... Hi, PTV! How are you doing? It's really good to see you, mate! You have been missed... Well, if that's not a good omen, I don't know what is one. We had lost our talisman, but we may have found another. It would certainly be the story of the season.

powerrrrrrrrrrrr: I want to end my SFA career in a humble fashion. Feared by the opposition and loved by the rats faithful in the HOF as a multiple premiership player
GP: Amen, brother!

powerrrrrrrrrrrr: Where do I start? All the Rats are an inspiration and something I can aspire too.
GP: Our very own Qhris Davis helps educating our players on what means being a Swamprat. Twelve has learned it already!

powerrrrrrrrrrrr: As much as it is an honour to be acknowledged (or due to lack of other options..), a fellow rat Catsnlakers has to take the cake this year. Loves some good banter and gets into the opposition like the Terminator from day 1. He’s the real hero of the rookies.
GP: Or Rick! All three are Guns, now. Our rookie corps have been outstanding this season.

Okay, I did let the rookie tell phil his "big news". And as I walked out, I heard the cheer of everyone inside and thought to myself "Ah, what a couple of cards"...

3 weeks left, but how many rookies?

Doubling the trouble?

ROUND 15 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - Here2tellyouwhy (BOM) - ADT 118.32

Another rookie that suddenly starts posting now that candidate spots have dried up. And what a perfect round to do that as well as this round was their second highest scoring game for the season so far. Here2tellyouwhy has been quietly playing at Half-Forward for the entire season while their rookie teammate has been the Bomber rookie representative for the entire season. However, with a performance of 13 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles 2 frees and scoring 1 goal 1, this may be too big a game to ignore. So with the last few weeks seeing only 1 rookie get candidacy each round, is this the round they get the nomination?

Forward of the Week - crazywildhorse (FUR) - ADT 83.94
Not so fast, as someone has finally made their first return trip to the spotlight. After getting candidacy in their debut game back in Round 9, crazywildhorse had been struggling for a while there to get a big enough score. Of course, the moment they do get back to getting mentioned, they have to contend with competition after weeks of rookies getting the nomination by default. So, to impress the votes, crazywildhorse produced a 27 disposal (16 handballs), 6 mark game with 1 Free Against the cherry on top. Now that the voters actually have something to vote for, it'll be interesting to see how their break has affected the way they choose the nomination.

Vacant Spot
And now, back to this. Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Judd_Magic (184.48), bl4ke (108.10), Gadzorks (106.43), Cuzz09 (105.18), Ash24 (53.64).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; GREENESHOOTS (127.00), DockerDen5215 (116.47), Zoops (112.01), Freo_4eva (107.09), Heardy_101 (102.88), powerrrrrrrrrrrr (79.16), Grimesy87 (76.09), Jabba73 (74.50), Aristotle Pickett (69.10), wherearemykeys (64.27), FishingRick04 (61.26), BringBackTheAnchor (58.70), Catsnlakers (52.84), Zevon (51.13).

1621248168325.png

Will Here2tellyouwhy do what powerrrrrrrrrrrr did last week and get the nomination off of a posting burst? Has crazywildhorse gotten through that barrier and snagged that nomination?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back