Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1130314

ROUND 15 CANDIDATES

Midfield of the Week - Here2tellyouwhy (BOM) - ADT 118.32

Another rookie that suddenly starts posting now that candidate spots have dried up. And what a perfect round to do that as well as this round was their second highest scoring game for the season so far. Here2tellyouwhy has been quietly playing at Half-Forward for the entire season while their rookie teammate has been the Bomber rookie representative for the entire season. However, with a performance of 13 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles 2 frees and scoring 1 goal 1, this may be too big a game to ignore. So with the last few weeks seeing only 1 rookie get candidacy each round, is this the round they get the nomination?

Forward of the Week - crazywildhorse (FUR) - ADT 83.94
Not so fast, as someone has finally made their first return trip to the spotlight. After getting candidacy in their debut game back in Round 9, crazywildhorse had been struggling for a while there to get a big enough score. Of course, the moment they do get back to getting mentioned, they have to contend with competition after weeks of rookies getting the nomination by default. So, to impress the votes, crazywildhorse produced a 27 disposal (16 handballs), 6 mark game with 1 Free Against the cherry on top. Now that the voters actually have something to vote for, it'll be interesting to see how their break has affected the way they choose the nomination.

Vacant Spot
And now, back to this. Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Judd_Magic (184.48), bl4ke (108.10), Gadzorks (106.43), Cuzz09 (105.18), Ash24 (53.64).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; GREENESHOOTS (127.00), DockerDen5215 (116.47), Zoops (112.01), Freo_4eva (107.09), Heardy_101 (102.88), powerrrrrrrrrrrr (79.16), Grimesy87 (76.09), Jabba73 (74.50), Aristotle Pickett (69.10), wherearemykeys (64.27), FishingRick04 (61.26), BringBackTheAnchor (58.70), Catsnlakers (52.84), Zevon (51.13).

Oh, and here's some stats.
View attachment 1130330

Will Here2tellyouwhy do what powerrrrrrrrrrrr did last week and get the nomination off of a posting burst? Has crazywildhorse gotten through that barrier and snagged that nomination?

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?
nGisoI.gif

View attachment 1130314

ROUND 15 CANDIDATES

Another rookie that suddenly starts posting now that candidate spots have dried up. And what a perfect round to do that as well as this round was their second highest scoring game for the season so far. Here2tellyouwhy has been quietly playing at Half-Forward for the entire season while their rookie teammate has been the Bomber rookie representative for the entire season. However, with a performance of 13 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles 2 frees and scoring 1 goal 1, this may be too big a game to ignore. So with the last few weeks seeing only 1 rookie get candidacy each round, is this the round they get the nomination?

Not so fast, as someone has finally made their first return trip to the spotlight. After getting candidacy in their debut game back in Round 9, crazywildhorse had been struggling for a while there to get a big enough score. Of course, the moment they do get back to getting mentioned, they have to contend with competition after weeks of rookies getting the nomination by default. So, to impress the votes, crazywildhorse produced a 27 disposal (16 handballs), 6 mark game with 1 Free Against the cherry on top. Now that the voters actually have something to vote for, it'll be interesting to see how their break has affected the way they choose the nomination.

Vacant Spot
And now, back to this. Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Judd_Magic (184.48), bl4ke (108.10), Gadzorks (106.43), Cuzz09 (105.18), Ash24 (53.64).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; GREENESHOOTS (127.00), DockerDen5215 (116.47), Zoops (112.01), Freo_4eva (107.09), Heardy_101 (102.88), powerrrrrrrrrrrr (79.16), Grimesy87 (76.09), Jabba73 (74.50), Aristotle Pickett (69.10), wherearemykeys (64.27), FishingRick04 (61.26), BringBackTheAnchor (58.70), Catsnlakers (52.84), Zevon (51.13).

View attachment 1130330

Will Here2tellyouwhy do what powerrrrrrrrrrrr did last week and get the nomination off of a posting burst? Has crazywildhorse gotten through that barrier and snagged that nomination?

Only one real choice this week and I can’t wait until he gets Here2tellyouwhy

View attachment 1130314

ROUND 15 CANDIDATES

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

View attachment 1130330

Horses are made to be riden.

Ride crazywildhorse with me to victory and be part of the winning team.

#@H2TYW4PM

So none of this?

67D3E3A4-FF8E-455F-BD32-383442ADE9A3.jpeg

He did, in fact, tell us why
Round 15 and there's still so much to play for. Just when you thought that the awards had tried up more, the remaining rookies suddenly appeared every time the thought came near. This week, we had Here2tellyouwhy come out of the wood work while crazywildhorse made his return to candidacy. This means that we still have a rookie left in the bank with 2 rounds to go. The question is; which rookie will still have to wait? Well, I'm guessing that rookie already knows since they weren't asked other questions this week so the Round 15 Gun nomination is...
1621770262747.png 1621770320354.png

I don't where Here2tellyouwhy has been all season, and the Royals were probably wondering why it had to be against them that the rookie decided to make his grand appearance. And just how grand was it? Let's have a look.

Some early presence on the ground.
1 : .51 {FB} - Blacky has it. What can he do with it?.
1 : .55 {rHBF} - MrPremiership presents.
1 : .59 {rHBF} - Here2tellyouwhy gets a timely fist to the ball.
1 : 1.03 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy with the ball now.
1 : 1.07 {lFP} - Handpass over the shoulder to Pugsley.
1 : 1.12 {lFP} - Pugsley opens up the goalface.
1 : 1.16 {lFP} - That's a terrible miss.
Baghdad Bombers : 0.1.1
Gold City Royals : 0.0.0

Some intercept defending at Half-Forward.
1 : 2.24 {FB} - Blacky wants to get on with proceedings.
1 : 2.28 {rHBF} - Throws it onto his boot.
1 : 2.32 {rHBF} - MrPremiership is the target but he's outplayed by Here2tellyouwhy.
1 : 2.35 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy looks downfield.

Just complete domination in this half of the game.
2 : 5.56 {rHBF} - MrPremiership takes off.
2 : 6 {rHBF} - Crackerjack bump by Here2tellyouwhy on MrPremiership.
2 : 6.04 {CHF} - Bovo sizes the options in front of him.
2 : 6.08 {lHFF} - Kick goes sideways.
2 : 6.12 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy reads the kick best and marks well in front of MrPremiership.
2 : 6.18 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy looking for a lead.

He gives the commentators a workout with his username
2 : 14.37 {lHBF} - Smartys Power wants to get on with proceedings.
2 : 14.41 {rHBF} - He beckons for a lead.
2 : 14.45 {rHBF} - Over the head of MrPremiership.
2 : 14.49 {rHFF} - miggs through heavy traffic.
2 : 14.53 {lHFF} - He transfers play using Here2tellyouwhy.
2 : 14.58 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhyaleunko!.
2 : 15.02 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy to send the ball forward.
2 : 15.06 {FF} - A spearing pass towards BLUEALLTHRU.

Gets on the end of a team goal.
2 : 18.09 {lW} - Tony Lynn 15 looking for a lead.
2 : 18.13 {lW} - Handpass over the shoulder to Jabba73.
2 : 18.17 {lW} - An underground handpass to Pugsley.
2 : 18.22 {lW} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
2 : 18.26 {lHFF} - A poor handpass but Here2tellyouwhy is up to the challenge.
2 : 18.3 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy boots toward an open goal.
2 : 18.34 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy splits the sticks.
Baghdad Bombers : 5.5.35
Gold City Royals : 10.4.64

A natural bruising Bomber already.
2 : 20.4 {C} - TheCoach16 sizes the options in front of him.
2 : 20.44 {lHFF} - A measured kick to Here2tellyouwhy.
2 : 20.48 {lHFF} - Anybody's ball.
2 : 20.54 {rHBF} - MrPremiership looks downfield.
2 : 20.58 {rHBF} - Here2tellyouwhy sews him up!.
2 : 21.02 {lHFF} - Now Here2tellyouwhy has the ball. What can he do with it?.

A real 1-on-1 battle between him and his opponent.
4 : 16.32 {C} - TheCoach16 takes off.
4 : 16.37 {lHFF} - Sees Here2tellyouwhy ahead and sends it his way.
4 : 16.43 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy spills the mark.
4 : 16.47 {rHBF} - MrPremiership signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 16.51 {rHBF} - MrPremiership dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
4 : 16.55 {rHBF} - Great tackle - he's lost it.
4 : 16.59 {lHFF} - Here2tellyouwhy has it.
4 : 17.03 {lHFF} - Jabba73 receives his handpass.
4 : 17.07 {lHFF} - There's been a free against Jabba73 for illegal use of the body.
4 : 17.12 {rHBF} - MrPremiership has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 17.16 {rHBF} - Here2tellyouwhy gets enough of a grip to dislodge the ball.
4 : 17.2 {CHF} - Bovo takes off.
4 : 17.24 {lHFF} - Handpass to space. Here2tellyouwhy runs onto it.
4 : 17.28 {lHFF} - MrPremiership sews Here2tellyouwhy up in a fantastic tackle.
4 : 17.32 {rHBF} - MrPremiership wants to get on with proceedings.

While the timestamps may say otherwise, and yes he did have a more brilliant first half, you don't get a high score just from 1 half alone. Here2tellyouwhy also continues the trend this season where the Gun nominee comes from a losing side. Not sure what that says...

Now, back to the sandy dunes of Baghdad where this time, we ditched the camels for a nice sit down in the desert, not too far out of town, where I talked to the rookie as well as Antonio BlueVein RobR and... actually who is the 5th guy, I don't remember him.

1621771416054.png

FG: Hey ABV, a game to forget against the Royals in Round 15, but not for Here2tellyouwhy to be the second Gun nom for the Bombers. How does it feel?
ABV: I feel like a proud dad watching another one of his children dominate this league under my heavy-handed tutelage.

FG: Congrats on getting Here2tellyouwhy over to the Bombers. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
ABV: I found him drunk and naked on the SuperCoach board, and our love for each other has grown exponentially since that night.

Settling in? Little bit personal mate.

FG: He's been going quietly for you in the forward line, what are your on-field aspirations for Here2tellyouwhy?
ABV: I just hope he doesn’t get drug tested.

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of Jabba73. How's he tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
ABV: I’m always on the lookout for more talent to bring to the game we love so much. Although, after a massive influx of rookies this season I’ll be looking to add 3-4 mature bodies to the mix this off-season, so expect the big BlueVein to slide into your DM’s people.

FG: Now that we're almost done with the Home and Away part of the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
ABV: There have been some decent rooks this season, but I’m happy with what we’ve got so far. It’s good to have a few different clubs with active rookies to banter with. DockerDen5215 has grown as the season has progressed, which is good for him as he was quite undersized when he was drafted. GREENESHOOTS photoshopping has been good.
Catsnlakers and powerrrrrrrrrrrr have also been making a splash which is great news for philreich , but they’re rats so I wouldn’t suggest bathing with them.

The first 37 times was fun but it had to end sometime.

And now here's Here2tellyouwhy to tell you why... these questions.

FG: Hey Here2tellyouwhy! Congratulations on the nomination after all those weeks of being in Jabba's shadow. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

H2TYW: After completely being ignorant to the existence of SFA I was contacted by some flog trying to recruit me. This wasnt Antonio BlueVein he was probably the 10th or 12th flog to PM me dick pics with the promise to leave me alone if I joined their imaginary footy team.
My complete and utter shitposting in the Supercoach forums is what has taken me here. There is even a day where I believe I could take my QOOTY more seriously than SC. I first heard about it years and years ago thanks to flog number one.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is ABV, BAT, RobR and the rest of the Bombers looking after you?
H2TYW: First impressions are it could be a bit less Essendoney but the red and black really triggers my angry towards the opposition. Other than that i couldn't have asked to be left with a bigger, better, more degenerate bunch of filthy yet slendid campaigners than the aforementioned vile scum. Bless them.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
H2TYW: It depends on the night. West Coast (the pathetic lot I support) often play Sunday nights so Im normally a 6pk in by the time us mighty Bombers take the field against some hapless mob.
I like to get the juices flowing before I get the juices flowing if you know what I mean.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
H2TYW: My personally football career was hampered by alcoholism and lack of talent. Luckily for me in SFA these are strenghts in ones game so unlike the 2 beef schnitys and about 20 beers I won for being in best 5 on ground I will stop at nothing less than a flag, a normie, a brownie and a coleman

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
H2TYW: Not really. Being so new to this Im trying just to find my way around the place and what happens happens.
If theres a way i can help my team win a flag through shitposting then Im here to make it happen.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
H2TYW: I'm a shot if I can keep my posting numbers and on field performance up. Its a tough comp. Not sure who Im up against but Im sure they are pooping Nibbler nuggets and Im gonna make them eat them during my victory dinner.

Thanks and much love H2TYW

Another fun filled interview gotten through and only 2 more to do. Next week, I reveal why this post was so late to come out. So in the mean time, zitti e buoni about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then there was none.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 16 CANDIDATES

Vacant Spot
None of the remaining rooks managed to score over 75 ADT and post before the game. 1 of them posted after the game, but that doesn't count.

Vacant Spot
The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; crazywildhorse (60.53).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; Gadzorks (215.90), Ash24 (199.66), Cuzz09 (84.73), bl4ke (32.14), Judd_Magic (7.40).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Here2tellyouwhy (119.78), Jabba73 (105.71), Aristotle Pickett (101.49), Heardy_101, (92.24), BringBackTheAnchor (66.22), FishingRick04 (62.91), Grimesy87 (61.29), DockerDen5215 (57.71), Zoops (54.95), Zevon (49.67), powerrrrrrrrrrrr (49.67), Catsnlakers (46.12), Freo_4eva (37.25), wherearemykeys (27.75), GREENESHOOTS (19.57).

1621855459324.png
IMG_2439.GIF

But wait, there was one!
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 17 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - crazywildhorse (FUR) - ADT 103.85

It was their last chance to get in the winner's circle and they have taken it with both hands, crazywildhorse was unlucky to missed out 2 weeks ago when they managed to come up against opposition in the second half of this season. This week, they've had a better game to bring to the table. In the backline, crazywildhorse had 10 disposals and 7 marks at Full Back. While his opponent did kick 3 goals 1, they were also their only 4 kicks for the game and only took 1 mark so you tell me who the better player was. Will crazywildhorse get lucky this week and close out the nominations? Let's so how the other rookies did then, shall we...

Vacant Spot
No one else eligible scored over 75 ADT. Looks like we know who the 16 rookies are that can win this now. I just need to find out where the Furies go when they don't have a thread to flock to.

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (58.43), Ash24 (53.64), Cuzz09 (40.90), Gadzorks (39.53), Judd_Magic (36.49).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; wherearemykeys (116.86), DockerDen5215 (115.42), Heardy_101 (95.79), Here2tellyouwhy (94.95), powerrrrrrrrrrrr (93.13), Freo_4eva (91.57), Aristotle Pickett (83.14), Zevon (77.81), Zoops (73.97), Grimesy87 (72.91), FishingRick04 (66.22), GREENESHOOTS (62.96), BringBackTheAnchor (24.08), Catsnlakers (14.90), Jabba73 (4.03).

1622461600246.png

Slim: What about me? Don't I get a mention?
1622461859199.png

FG: Fine, you get to hijack this thread to promote your betting agency this week. But only because it's the last week.
1622461945702.png

Slim: BUY. SELL. It's a bare market on these here rookies. I tell you what, I eat ribs everyday and I know a thing or three about these here rookies so you better use any leftover money you have and put it all on the clear winner here. GET 'ER DONE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back