Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1112443

ROUND 12 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - Aristotle Pickett (ROY) - ADT 77.74

Long time, no see for this guy. After a couple of weeks of being a no-show on the field, Aristotle Pickett has done just enough to be up for a nomination again. What has AP been up to since we last saw them? Well, this week they got 24 disposals, 2 tackles, 4-2 Free Kick Count and scored 1 goal 3. Playing in the midfield is a tough ask, probably why it takes all season to get recognised when all positions are on the same playing field. Not to mention that, for a long while, AP was the only one stuck in the predicament. But now we're at that end of the season and it's an easier task to get midfielders to be seen. Mainly because...

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. So instead, I'm just going to name everyone who played this week. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; DockerDen5215 (54.56), crazywildhorse (12.59).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (109.56), Gadzorks (79.06), Off Tap (58.98), Judd_Magic (56.76), Mrs haydo (56.62), Here2tellyouwhy (37.98), Cuzz09 (36.52), Ash24 (14.9), WaywardSonSon (9.12).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Freo_4eva (111.75), GREENESHOOTS (100), Heardy_101 (88.69), wherearemykeys (87.65), FishingRick04 (83.94), Grimesy87 (81.37), Jabba73 (74.5), BringBackTheAnchor (73.75), Zoops (57.43), Catsnlakers (45.61), Zevon (29.22)

Oh, and here's some stats.
View attachment 1112473

Can Aristotle Pickett snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Find out Saturday.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?
It’s his seventh nomination, and everyone knows that Aristotle Pickett never loses seven times in a row!

WTF is this stuff. I’m guessing nothing to do with SuperCoach? Feel like I’ve wandered into some strange alternate universe for fantasy footy on mushrooms
Oh hi there Winklesjonhunt - this is indeed a strange alternative universe.

Head over to this thread here to change your life forever (wherever that is for the better...is tbd):

WTF is this stuff. I’m guessing nothing to do with SuperCoach? Feel like I’ve wandered into some strange alternate universe for fantasy footy on mushrooms

Head over to this thread here to change your life forever (wherever that is for the better...is tbd):
Great. Another rookie to beat me this week in the gun nomination. Winklesjonhunt sign up and you can get an automatic gun nom this week. Just post once in the match thread and beat me it's that simple.

Great. Another rookie to beat me this week in the gun nomination. Winklesjonhunt sign up and you can get an automatic gun nom this week. Just post once in the match thread and beat me it's that simple.
I just stumbled across this by accident trying to decide who was better out of Farrah and Robertson not to win a *in gun fight.
But, what do I win if I beat you. I’m pretty good at s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Winklesjonhunt

You've just entered the Sweet FA's version of Rollerball.

Good luck.

IMG_2847.GIF

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2848.GIF

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2849.GIF

IMG_2850.GIF

IMG_2852.JPG

I just stumbled across this by accident trying to decide who was better out of Farrah and Robertson not to win a fu**in gun fight.
But, what do I win if I beat you. I’m pretty good at sh*t.

Hi MITS

These pretzels are making me thirsty
The fact that only 1 person was good enough to be a candidate this week has kinda killed whatever the starting paragraph of these is supposed to be. This is usually talk about how definitely close the voting was and that the people who didn't get the nomination were just so close and so unlucky. So instead of lying to your faces every time I post in this thread about how close the competition is, let's just jump straight into talking about the Round 12 Gun nomination...
1619864530737.png 1619864688660.png

Talking about being truthful, if you looked at AP's stats line for Round 12, you'd think that the voters were starting to look at body-of-work over the season and not who the best rookie was in Round 12. That is until you look at the previous post I made when I pointed out that there's not much of a contest left now, which is what I said would happen for those playing a position that expects players to be high-scoring. But that's not to say that AP was simply handed a nomination. Onto the highlight reel!

It's never too early in the game to be a salesman.
1 : 7.33 {C} - The ball is now with Runk.
1 : 7.37 {C} - A wild handball - but luckily Dingster was well placed to clean up.
1 : 7.41 {C} - Quick hands to Supersuns.
1 : 7.45 {C} - A long looping handpass to Aristotle Pickett.
1 : 7.49 {C} - Aristotle Pickett sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
Was doing well with the opposition around him.
2 : 4.37 {lHBF} - The bounce favours royboy2 and he is off and running.
2 : 4.41 {CHB} - Hands it off to Mooch.
2 : 4.46 {CHB} - Quick hands to Aristotle Pickett under pressure.
2 : 4.5 {lHBF} - No-look handpass to royboy2.
Here's a highlight that shows how fast he is.
2 : 6.26 {rHFF} - He kicks sideways towards bl4ke.
2 : 6.31 {rHFF} - Great mark! No! The umpire calls play on.
2 : 6.35 {lHBF} - royboy2 turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
2 : 6.39 {lHBF} - Aristotle Pickett runs past and takes the handpass.
Apparently he knows how to torp!
2 : 11.03 {lW} - No mark taken as Matera92 and cats2rise wrestle for position.
2 : 11.07 {rW} - cats2rise takes them on.
2 : 11.11 {rW} - A quick handpass to Aristotle Pickett.
2 : 11.15 {rW} - Long shot at goal from Aristotle Pickett.
2 : 11.19 {rW} - That would have been Goal of the Year if it wasnt a behind..
Roys FFC : 5.5.35
Las Vegas Bears : 2.3.15
Gets a good 1-2 with League royalty.
3 : 10.46 {C} - A wild kick laterally towards Western Stand Warrior.
3 : 10.51 {C} - Runk intercepts the kick and marks.
3 : 10.55 {lW} - With the ball is Wosh.
3 : 10.58 {lW} - Gets a handpass away to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 11.03 {lW} - A lookaway handpass to Wosh.
3 : 11.07 {lW} - Wosh has a bounce.
Makes up for the missed goal from earlier.
3 : 12.17 {lFP} - Handpass to space. Beandip runs onto it.
3 : 12.21 {lFP} - Quick hands to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 12.25 {lFP} - Aristotle Pickett sells the dummy and has a shot.
3 : 12.3 {lFP} - Perfect goal kicking technique. That's number 1 for Aristotle Pickett.
Roys FFC : 7.7.49
Las Vegas Bears : 7.5.47
First of all, maybe he should stop going for GOTY.
3 : 15.31 {rHFF} - Barrels sizes the options in front of him.
3 : 15.35 {rHFF} - Draws a man and then with hands to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 15.38 {rHFF} - He has time to take a bounce.
3 : 15.43 {rHFF} - Don't tell me he's kicked it.
3 : 15.47 {rHFF} - That would have been Goal of the Year if it wasnt a behind..
Roys FFC : 8.8.56
Las Vegas Bears : 9.6.60
Second of all, fool them once...
3 : 17.32 {C} - The ball is now with Runk.
3 : 17.36 {CHF} - Handpass over the shoulder to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 17.4 {CHF} - Aristotle Pickett sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
Because, I mean, come on...
3 : 20.36 {CHB} - A long looping handpass to Dingster.
3 : 20.4 {CHB} - Almost a throw to Supersuns.
3 : 20.44 {CHB} - Handpass over the shoulder to Mooch.
3 : 20.48 {CHB} - Almost a throw to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 20.54 {CHB} - Aristotle Pickett dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
3 : 20.58 {rHBF} - He transfers play using Freo_4eva.
Everybody is getting involved in the play
3 : 23.41 {C} - Nobody's checking Runk.
3 : 23.45 {C} - He involves Aristotle Pickett in the play.
3 : 23.49 {lW} - He involves Wosh in the play.
3 : 23.53 {lW} - She involves Supersuns in the play.
3 : 23.57 {lW} - Quick hands to Aristotle Pickett under pressure.
And lastly, payback for all the tackles that got laid on him during the game
4 : 23.08 {rHFF} - bl4ke slowing down the play.
4 : 23.12 {rHFF} - Almost a throw to Muddiemoose.
4 : 23.16 {rHFF} - Muddiemoose crunched by Aristotle Pickett! Muddiemoose very slow to get up.

Alright, so it's not as spectacular as some people highlights have been. That doesn't matter. What does matter is how the interview goes down. The interview really is the main thing trying this whole thread down. This week, the location was Broadway at 112th Street for a nice change of pace as I sat down with the Roys past and current to talk about the Roys future.
1619868225965.png

Don't question why Supersuns and RobR were there.

FG: Hey TDC, clo-

TDC: Roys resign RobR - is that what you are indicating here ???

Well done Aristotle Pickett !! I'll reply to this in my usual timely manner....

RobR: You got 5 minutes mate.
TDC: Birb.gif
FG: ...okay, I'll try again. Hey TDC, close win against the Bears in Round 12, and a landslide victory for AP to be the third Gun nom for the Roys. How does it feel?
TDC: We're really happy for Aristotle Pickett to come in and be rewarded for some fine form - both on and off field this year. He's been very active and energetic in our match threads and on field - where we typically use rookies to do the running around, so Mobbs , fitzroybowiedog and I can relax on the bench...

FG: Congrats on getting AP over to the Roys. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TDC: Aristotle Pickett has joined us courtesy of the Dingster recruitment factory. We're not sure how Ding keeps up so many alt accounts without being found out - but we won't mention anything until he leaves the Roys...

Oh sh*t...

Ummm, AP has settled in nicely here - he's particularly keen on spongebath night with Nurse Betty (but who isn't) and can be found patrolling the midfield on game days - threatening to discuss Richmond with opposition players - who frequently run to the bench complaining about this underhand tactic !!

FG: He's been remarkable for you in the midfield, what are your on-field aspirations for AP?
TDC: I think realistically we need to already be discussing HoF admission for AP - we're that comfortable with how he is going. Anything less will be very disappointing....

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of Zevon, and before that Freo_4eva. How are they tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
TDC: We started the season with 6 rookies, then it was 5. 2 haven't been seen in a while, and we sent out a search party - but they haven't been seen for a while either. We may need to send out another search party at some point.

But we have been really impressed with the our trio that are still under lock and key - we found that letting them out last year just led to other issues.... Zevon, Freo_4eva and Aristotle Pickett have been great for the Roys and hopefully they are all enjoying the year with us !!

FG: Now that we're two thirds into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TDC: There are other rookies ???
12294656.gif

FG: Alright, onto the rookie.
RobR: If you don't mention Supercoach, i think we're fine.
AP: Yes what Rob said.
TDC: You have to answer your questions first !!!!

Bloody hell, rookies these days....

Supersuns:

FG: Okay, let's get back on track. Hey AP!
AP: I think I've already done this or something similar.
FG: Congratulations on the nomination after all those weeks of being a candidate. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
AP: -head hunted by Dingster? and TDC.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is TDC, Supersuns, Wosh and the rest of the Roys looking after you?
AP: Yes it's very fraternal but Wosh disappointed me with her Will Ferrell comments. Mobbs impressing with his Oz movie insights.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
AP: I always almost run too far but I dispose of it just in time, I get cleaned up a lot. I prepare by doing some stretches and reading about Mars and NASA and preparing elite gifs . I also eat a tofu salad roll with chilli sauce.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career? Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
AP: I want to kick 5 goals in a game and win a game coming from over 6 goals behind so I can use my melting gifs. Allikat is a good player and role model.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
AP: I think others are in front of me but my motto always is 'If it ain't Pickett you can lick it.'

TDC: every year they add more rookie awards !!!!!

At this point the conversation turned to a topic about nothing, so this is a good place to end the post. Join us next week when we celebrate the greatest week on the SFA calendar (and hopefully travel 45 minutes down the road for the celebrations).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back