Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ice Qockey doesn't sound right.
You know what makes me like the Gun Award over the Torch award? The fact that your chances and your fate in doing well in this Award is not up to you, but up to a random simulator. It doesn't care about anything to do with you or your competitors, it just sees a name in a position and does whatever it wants with it. So which names did it see and randomly give good ratings to? Well, some were Roys because there's so many of them that there's bound to be one up for being good every week. Then there was the newbie Furie that's come straight outta the blocks to be in contention of a nomination off their first game. This week, however, there was a clear stand-out in the rookie field and many better performances that didn't bother to post. Making the Round 9 Gun nomination to be…
1618031884522.png 1618031905173.png

No not Manangatang, ZOOPS!

Zoops hasn't featured much in the weekly candidates glow-up, but maybe that's all the reason to showcase what a great job he did in defense in an embarrassing loss. Not only did he take on a stalwart of League, but kept him scoreless in a landslide victory for the opponent!

The highlights:

Helped set-up a big mark
1 : 5.55 {rHFF} - Searching pass in the direction of sausageroll.
1 : 6 {rHFF} - That's an extraordinary juggled one-hander to Drunkgoliath.
1 : 6.04 {rHBF} - Zoops tucks the ball under his arm and scoots away.
1 : 6.06 {C} - Biggie calls for it.
1 : 6.1 {C} - Ohhh Biggie! You beauty! Sensational grab.
He knows where to be.
1 : 8.1 {C} - DemonJim to send the ball forward.
1 : 8.11 {lHFF} - He kicks to a contest.
1 : 8.16 {lHFF} - Zoops was hanging around the back of the pack but the ball fell into his lap.
Mustn't be a fan of fancy footwork
2 : 14.31 {lHFF} - A wild kick laterally towards Dero.
2 : 14.35 {lHFF} - Dero is caught under pressure and knocks the ball forward.
2 : 14.37 {lHFF} - Dero dances around Zoops.
2 : 14.41 {lHFF} - Great tackle by Zoops.
2 : 14.45 {rHBF} - Zoops looks downfield.
But he's definitely a fan of his opponent stuffing up.
2 : 15.28 {C} - DemonJim wants to get on with proceedings.
2 : 15.33 {lHFF} - His kick covers more height than distance.
2 : 15.35 {lHFF} - Dero slips at the crucial moment and its marked by Zoops.
Intercept Marks seemed to be easy to come by.
2 : 18.07 {C} - DemonJim wants to get on with proceedings.
2 : 18.12 {lHFF} - That's a real up and under.
2 : 18.15 {lHFF} - But the kick goes straight to Zoops.
What would this be, a 1-2-1-2-1?
2 : 20.37 {rHFF} - Big mark by Drunkgoliath!.
2 : 20.42 {rHBF} - Zoops threads his way through traffic.
2 : 20.44 {rHBF} - Zoops takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
2 : 20.48 {lHBF} - Almost a throw to Drunkgoliath.
2 : 20.52 {rHBF} - An underground handpass to Zoops.
2 : 20.54 {lHBF} - Drunkgoliath runs past and takes the handpass.
Okay, now he's just doing this on purpose.
2 : 22.43 {lHFF} - Kicks to a contest - Dero looks to get to thre front.
2 : 22.47 {lHFF} - Dero can't take it.
2 : 22.49 {rHBF} - Running with the ball is Zoops.
2 : 22.53 {lW} - A flat punt.
2 : 22.55 {lW} - Big mark by Callums_Guns!.
2 : 23 {C} - DemonJim with the ball now.
2 : 23.04 {C} - He has time to take a bounce.
2 : 23.06 {lHFF} - A spearing pass towards Dero.
2 : 23.1 {lHFF} - Top mark - not paid.
2 : 23.14 {rHBF} - A bit of space for Zoops to utilise.
More of the same
3 : 4.29 {C} - Draws a man and then with hands to pantskyle.
3 : 4.33 {lHFF} - He gets his kick away.
3 : 4.37 {lHFF} - Dero gets too far under the ball.
3 : 4.4 {rHBF} - Zoops sucks it up like a dustbuster and he's off and running.
For the rest of the game, Zoops would be a part of disposal chains, getting the ball out of their defensive 50. I'm not going to post them in the highlights since there's so many, but because there is so many where he's getting the ball further down the field and not immediately coming back, I'm just going to mention that it was his role and that he did his role at the best one could have done.

Now, if you notice Zoops' Avatar Pic, you'll see where the interview is going. I, on the other hand, was surprised when I was told to go to Buller to talk to Agent93 and Zoops. It was when I arrived that I found out 2 things. 1) That Mount Buller has a Ice-Rink, though I'm still not sure if the Demons own it or not, and that 2) I was going to be doing the interview while learning how to ice-skate. This was going to be interesting time.

1618035426616.png

FG: Hey Agent, the Hawks got killed by the Demons in the second half of Round 6, but Zoops getting nommed for his big game must be something to celebrate. How does it feel?
A93: I think any personal accolades have to be tempered by the team's current performance. Zoops killed it, but as a whole we sucked. Sucking doesn't feel great, man.

FG: Congrats on getting Zoops over to the Hawks. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
A93: We picked up Zoops after the Tour match on the FJGD board, which is interesting as the Hawks are known to both be terrible at graphic design, and stealing footy jumpers. Zoops is still finding his feet around the place, which is to be expected as the SFA is a lot to take in especially for folks who aren't really volume posters elsewhere on BF. His club-mates love seeing him pop up when he does though.

FG: He was handy for you guys in defence this week, what are your on-field aspirations for Zoops?
A93: I'd be happy for him to find a spot to make his own. He has been rolled forward a couple of times this season, and it took a bit to get that first SFA goal, so down back might be the way to go.

FG: I know there's another rookie at the Eyrie this year, how have they been going themselves in your view?
A93: andleanback hasn't really taken to the SFA, which happens. If he did decided to flick the switch and jump right in the league and the Hawks would be better for it.

FG: Now that we're over halfway into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
A93: All teams would love to have that gun EKA candidate every season, but we looked at our list at the end of S30 and knew we didn't have a huge amount of spots to chase every rookie. So we got Zoops and andleanback and didn't actually chase any of the other S31 rookie class. DockerDen5215 is great value, but we were never a chance to recruit him in the first place so while it'd be nice to have him on our list, he was always going to be a Warrior so I have no regrets in not getting him.

At this stage, I fell over. Again. And as quickly as I was hitting the ice, Zoops showed up to get his questions.

FG: Hey Zoops! Congratulations on the nomination after that humiliating loss. You must be pleased with how you went in the game though. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

Zoops: Hey, humiliating is a strong word, but yeah, we were embarrassed, quite a bit. Personally I'm satisfied with my own performance, however, a win probably would've been nicer, but hey, that's the fire for next week's fuel. I came over to the SFA after playing for the FJGD team during the tour match. I went alright, enjoyed the banter, few laughs here and there and of course, slotted nicely into the backline for the FJGD. I was already aware of it, however, only vaguely. I heard about the Baghdad Bombers, thought it was George Bush joke, and being a Melbourne fan had a chuckle at the Mount Buller Demons, however, that was all I knew. Then after I uttered the words; "Now that was good fun. I'll certainly be wanting to hang around the SFA board a lot more often!" I was inundated with offers from various clubs. It was a toss up between the Demons and the Hawks and I think you all know what happened next.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is Agent, Bangers, Chip, Porps and the rest of the Hawks looking after you?
Zoops: I'm really enjoying it so far. The messages are fun, usually I'll come in and do a whole lot of scrolling and just end up posting a gif, it works. Agent has been great, back and forth hockey banter, especially when your own fan base is known for being loud, obnoxious and at times, destructive. Bangers, Chip and Porps, in fact all the lads have been great. I'm still easing into it, however, I'll find my feet at some stage. I'm still a student and I'm usually pretty bored so at times I'll hop on here, scroll and browse and with the SFA, I can scroll, browse and chat for longer!

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
Zoops: Before any game I race in for my DreamTeam nominations, once in, I sit back, sort of relax and pin my eyes to the screen. At the start of the season I was preoccupied with cricket, however, now that my season of bowling offies is over, Qooty is all the rage for me now! I never contemplated the thought of this week's and other nominations, however, I did see my name next to some rather nice stats and thought "hey, that could be worthy of something", funnily enough, I was right!

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
Zoops: Gain a solid position, half back seems to be working okay (Skip, I am comfortable down here). Probably launch into more convos and become more active within the SFA community. One thing is for sure though, I don't plan on leaving the SFA any time soon.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
Zoops: Not too many actually, as I'm not so active on here, I never really know who and what to look out for, however, having played a few games I'm starting to find who and what to keep my eyes on. Barrybran first made me aware of the SFA through the FJGD tour match so I would model some of my qooty off of him. As a half back flanker I would like to compare myself to Brendon Goddard and as a Melbourne supporter, somewhat Clint Bizzell, however, he was more reliable up forward than I have been this season.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
Zoops: Of course I'd like to think I could win it and would love to win it, however, there's a lot of fish in the sea. If I had to single one out though, it'd be Aristotle Pickett. If you know your history, you know Aristotle as the great philosopher, however, he's also is pretty handy with the football too. To quote FootyGuy13 "Well here's a familiar face. There is just no competition in the midfield section of rookies for Aristotle, and I will keep mentioning that until a time in which it stops being true." If he's mentioned week in, week out, he's obviously doing something right. Him and I had a small gif banter session during the pre match thread before we played the Roys so a small personal anecdote is always nice. But hey, I would still like to win it, do one for the defenders!

And with that, I returned to the edge of the rink so that I was no longer on the cusp of another fall and left them to carry on their 1v1 hockey match. It'll be interesting to see how many more will jump out from the shadows to claim a nomination, or how many in the spotlight will finally come out on top, but I guess there's only 1 way to find out.

Last edited:
Are the numbers dwindling?
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 10 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - Jabba73 (BAG) - ADT 81.55

Breaking Aristotle Pickett's 5-week run of being the midfield's candidate was going to take some doing. For Jabba though, it was all a matter of being eligible every second game and making that game have big numbers. They didn't but, luckily for Jabba, neither did AP. Not to mention that Jabba had to go up against a Season 30 rookie for an opponent, a tough ask in itself. So how did Jabba do? 11 hitouts, 24 disposals and 4 tackles in a big comeback win for the Bombers. Can Jabba be the one to finally get the midfield their first nomination this season? Well, it depends on the many Half-Forwards we had put their name up for candidacy.

Forward of the Week - Zevon (ROY) - ADT 119.78
When you have so many of your teammates vying for a nomination, it can be easy to be lost in the crowd when it comes to the sim having to choose who does well and who doesn't. Zevon doesn't have this problem as they've done something extraordinary and scored the same ADT in back-to-back weeks. And this time Zevon doesn't have a rival with irregular high scores to snatch a nomination from their grasp. 17 disposals this week though, 4 marks, 3 tackles and 2 goals in a game that proved to be an unsolved headache for the opposition. Will it be a case of same score, right time for Zevon? We still have another option.

WildCard of the Week - DockerDen5215 (CIW) - ADT 86.19
Another Half-Forward got candidacy this week and it's the Torch favourite (bias may be present) DockerDen. Last time I talked about DockerDen, they had trouble with where the goal-posts were. But let's also point out that they're starting to get a regular spot with the candidacy, and for good reason. No behinds this week but just the 1 goal, plus 15 disposals and 5 marks. DockerDen has been a great contributer on the field for Coney Island, mirroring their off-field work. The latter is daylight ahead of the former and one day, DockerDen will get another game like they did in Round 1. Or maybe they'll have to wait until they win by default.

Vacant Spot
Speaking of, only 3 rookies scored the required 75 ADT and posted before the game. Meaning there's 1 less person to um and ah over in the voting. It would've been funny if Cuzz09 got inquisitive about the Qooty game before the game had started, not to mention wherever bl4ke Here2tellyouwhy Judd_Magic are, but we can't just force or goad people into caring about an award no one outside the rookies care about, or at least I won't let myself to. I just wanted to point out, should those 4 read this, that they missed a chance here. Anyway, STATS!
1618218710077.png

Will Zevon bring another Gun nomination back to the Roys? Will DockerDen show his bite is just as good as his bark. Will Jabba do what Aristotle has been unable to do? Find out here in whoever many days it is til Saturday.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?

View attachment 1100841

ROUND 10 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - Jabba73 (BAG) - ADT 81.55

Breaking Aristotle Pickett's 5-week run of being the midfield's candidate was going to take some doing. For Jabba though, it was all a matter of being eligible every second game and making that game have big numbers. They didn't but, luckily for Jabba, neither did AP. Not to mention that Jabba had to go up against a Season 30 rookie for an opponent, a tough ask in itself. So how did Jabba do? 11 hitouts, 24 disposals and 4 tackles in a big comeback win for the Bombers. Can Jabba be the one to finally get the midfield their first nomination this season? Well, it depends on the many Half-Forwards we had put their name up for candidacy.

Forward of the Week - Zevon (ROY) - ADT 119.78
When you have so many of your teammates vying for a nomination, it can be easy to be lost in the crowd when it comes to the sim having to choose who does well and who doesn't. Zevon doesn't have this problem as they've done something extraordinary and scored the same ADT in back-to-back weeks. And this time Zevon doesn't have a rival with irregular high scores to snatch a nomination from their grasp. 17 disposals this week though, 4 marks, 3 tackles and 2 goals in a game that proved to be an unsolved headache for the opposition. Will it be a case of same score, right time for Zevon? We still have another option.

WildCard of the Week - DockerDen5215 (CIW) - ADT 86.19
Another Half-Forward got candidacy this week and it's the Torch favourite (bias may be present) DockerDen. Last time I talked about DockerDen, they had trouble with where the goal-posts were. But let's also point out that they're starting to get a regular spot with the candidacy, and for good reason. No behinds this week but just the 1 goal, plus 15 disposals and 5 marks. DockerDen has been a great contributer on the field for Coney Island, mirroring their off-field work. The latter is daylight ahead of the former and one day, DockerDen will get another game like they did in Round 1. Or maybe they'll have to wait until they win by default.

Vacant Spot
Speaking of, only 3 rookies scored the required 75 ADT and posted before the game. Meaning there's 1 less person to um and ah over in the voting. It would've been funny if Cuzz09 got inquisitive about the Qooty game before the game had started, not to mention wherever bl4ke Here2tellyouwhy Judd_Magic are, but we can't just force or goad people into caring about an award no one outside the rookies care about, or at least I won't let myself to. I just wanted to point out, should those 4 read this, that they missed a chance here. Anyway, STATS!
View attachment 1100870

Will Zevon bring another Gun nomination back to the Roys? Will DockerDen show his bite is just as good as his bark. Will Jabba do what Aristotle has been unable to do? Find out here in whoever many days it is til Saturday.

So Zevon is going to win this week obviously...

Next week it'll just be me and Jabba73 duking it out for the next gun nom. Then it'll just be little me with the single nom and a lowly 75 ADT. I suck at qooty.

Last edited:

Next week it'll just be me and Jabba73 duking it out for the next gun nom. Then it'll just be little me with the single nom and a lowly 75 ADT. I suck at qooty.
Don’t stress DockerDen5215, don’t think a ruckman has ever been nominated, let alone won the thing.

You won’t be getting a nomination by default, got that sewn up already

I think I won with something like 50 DT. I’m sure it was to meet some quota.

A-woo!
The Big 1 0. 10 is the most popular way to round things off. You always hear or read about Top 10 things about blank and that number 7 will shock you and, when it comes to awards, finishing in the Top 10 is always the benchmark. For the 10th round of the season, only 3 people managed to get candidacy but that doesn't mean that they were any less deserving of a nomination. Jabba73 has been getting weirdly consistent lately by scoring 80-90 ADT every second week, giving him a fortnightly reminder that he still has something to fight for in his rookie season. DockerDen5215 was on the bench for over a quarter of his game which, when weighted to be the full 100, technically did more with the time he had than what Zevon did. But you don't win stuff with what you could've done, you win with what did do. As such, the Round 10 Gun nomination is…
1618648823450.png 1618648855309.png

There's been plenty of Half-Forwards this season and Zevon has been one of the picks of the bench. It doesn't matter what the rest of the team is doing, Zevon has been giving it his all and his all has been pretty great. It's even better when the game results goes his way as well so let's see how well he went the result decided not to.

First of all, you don't get on top of him that easily
1 : 14.02 {lW} - Wosh looking for a lead.
1 : 14.06 {rHFF} - A spearing pass towards Zevon.
1 : 14.1 {rHFF} - But in the way is Firestarter.
1 : 14.15 {lHBF} - Firestarter does some crumbing and is away.
1 : 14.18 {lHBF} - He has time to take a bounce.
1 : 14.22 {lHBF} - Zevon applies the tackle on Firestarter.
1 : 14.26 {rHFF} - Zevon is now off and running.
Not that he needs an excuse to be rough
1 : 16.37 {lHBF} - Gets a handpass away to Firestarter.
1 : 16.43 {lHBF} - Firestarter isn't just seeing stars after that clash with Zevon. He could map the Milky Way.
1 : 16.47 {rHFF} - Not enough pressure on Zevon.
1 : 16.51 {rHFF} - Zevon takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
Even the sim was taking notice of him
1 : 19.38 {rHFF} - Taking the mark is Zevon who's form looks good today.
A one-man fighting machine
2 : 5.19 {rHFF} - Zevon trying to offer a lead.
2 : 5.23 {rHFF} - Top mark - not paid.
2 : 5.26 {rHFF} - Zevon takes them on.
Was a part of this lovely play had to ended in a goal.
2 : 18.13 {rHBF} - He elects to use Power Raid and kicks in that direction.
2 : 18.17 {rHBF} - Dingster did enough to prevent a mark being taken.
2 : 18.22 {rHFF} - Zevon tucks the ball under his arm and scoots away.
2 : 18.25 {rHFF} - Zevon dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
2 : 18.3 {rFP} - Handpass to space. Supersuns runs onto it.
2 : 18.34 {rFP} - Supersuns about twenty-five out.
2 : 18.38 {rFP} - Supersuns should hang his head in shame - a bad miss.
Roys FFC : 5.1.31
Sin City Swamprats : 7.5.47
Several behinds later and Zevon is still going at it.
3 : .51 {FB} - Far Kern has possession.
3 : .55 {FB} - Almost a throw to ant555.
3 : .59 {lHBF} - He gets boot to ball immediately.
3 : 1.03 {lHBF} - That's poor kicking and the mark is swallowed up by Zevon.
3 : 1.07 {rHFF} - Zevon wants to get on with proceedings.
3 : 1.12 {rHFF} - Boot to ball from Zevon under pressure.
3 : 1.15 {rHFF} - And Zevon scores a behind.
Roys FFC : 5.4.34
Sin City Swamprats : 8.5.53
3 : 1.23 {FB} - Nunez looking for a lead.
3 : 1.28 {lHBF} - The kick seeks out Firestarter.
3 : 1.32 {lHBF} - But chipping in front is Zevon.
3 : 1.36 {rHFF} - Zevon to send the ball forward.
3 : 1.4 {rHFF} - Zevon nearly got done for running too far but he remembers to bounce at last.
3 : 1.45 {rHFF} - No-look handpass to Supersuns.
3 : 1.48 {rHFF} - Quick hands to Zevon under pressure.
3 : 1.52 {rHFF} - Zevon takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
Finally! A goal!
3 : 19.42 {C} - Easy tapout for JackNah_8.
3 : 19.5 {rW} - FishingRick04 looking for a lead.
3 : 19.54 {rW} - FishingRick04 is swamped. Not much prior opportunity but its holding the ball.
3 : 19.58 {lW} - windyhill looks downfield.
3 : 20.02 {rHFF} - A short kick to Zevon.
3 : 20.07 {rHFF} - Taking the mark is Zevon who's form looks good today.
3 : 20.11 {rHFF} - Zevon looking for a lead.
3 : 20.15 {rHFF} - Zevon has a bounce.
3 : 20.19 {rFP} - He takes another.
3 : 20.23 {rFP} - Zevon steadies himself and has a shot ....
3 : 20.27 {rFP} - Misses - no wait! Its a goal!.
Roys FFC : 7.4.46
Sin City Swamprats : 11.15.81
Okay, now you're just toying with them
3 : 23.12 {lW} - He gets a handpass to windyhill.
3 : 23.16 {lW} - Handballs over the top to Aristotle Pickett.
3 : 23.21 {rHFF} - Searching pass in the direction of Zevon.
3 : 23.25 {rHFF} - Too long for Zevon and sataris marks.
3 : 23.28 {lHBF} - sataris threads his way through traffic.
3 : 23.32 {lHBF} - Zevon rides sataris into the ground.
3 : 23.37 {rHFF} - Zevon with a little space.
3 : 23.41 {rHFF} - Zevon takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
3 : 23.45 {lFP} - Gets onto his preferred foot and boots it long.
An absolute tackling machine
3 : 24.18 {lHBF} - sataris uses his body to perfection and reels in the mark.
3 : 24.22 {lHBF} - The ball is now with sataris.
3 : 24.27 {lHBF} - Zevon sews sataris up in a fantastic tackle.
3 : 24.3 {rHFF} - The ball is now with Zevon.
3 : 24.34 {rHFF} - Zevon goes for a long goal.
3 : 24.38 {rHFF} - Oh no. That might have brushed a teammate on the way through. It has. What a pity.
Roys FFC : 8.5.53
Sin City Swamprats : 11.15.81
Doesn't let his mistakes hold him back
4 : 11.11 {CHB} - Firestarter has time to take a bounce.
4 : 11.15 {CHB} - Draws a man and then with hands to philreich.
4 : 11.19 {lHBF} - He beckons for a lead.
4 : 11.23 {lHBF} - Zevon drops an absolute sitter.
4 : 11.27 {rHFF} - So Zevon ... with a moment to digest his options.
4 : 11.31 {rHFF} - Zevon attacks the goalface.
4 : 11.36 {rHFF} - All clear from the umpire. Its a goal.
Roys FFC : 9.7.61
Sin City Swamprats : 12.16.88
And with the last play of the game
4 : 24.06 {lHBF} - The ball is now with sataris.
4 : 24.1 {lHBF} - Zevon sews sataris up in a fantastic tackle.
4 : 24.14 {rHFF} - With the ball is Zevon.
4 : 24.18 {lHFF} - He handpasses to Dingster.
4 : 24.22 {rHFF} - Sees Zevon out of the corner of his eye.
4 : 24.27 {rHFF} - Zevon spills the mark.
4 : 24.3 {rHFF} - Zevon with some space now.

If you remember earlier in this thread and in the season, TedDougChris held a concert in celebration of Freo_4eva getting his nomination. Just reminding you of that so that it makes sense that TDC once again held a concert to celebrate the Werewolf of London.

This time did have something different to that time long gone. This time the interview was to be recorded beforehand to be shown between sets instead of going through the trouble of getting me to the concert. Let's see what happens when I get to interview a rocker for a rock concert.

FG: Hey TDC, what a game against the Swampies in Round 10, and what a game from Zevon to be the second Gun nom for the Roys. How does it feel?
TDC: Did we win against the Swamprats ?? I don't remember that.... In fact, I don't remember beating them since the S25 Grand Final. Although, to be fair, I don't remember yesterday either.....

FG: Congrats on getting Zevon over to the Roys. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TDC: Zevon has been a quiet achiever in the Roys side, discretely slipping in and quickly becoming part of the furniture and really embracing the Roys culture and system. We're very glad he joined up during the off-seasons Tour of Qooty. He was found on the AFL Fantasy board, quietly extolling the virtues of the Swans rookies. Oh how we laughed at him - "Horse will never play them 2 weeks in a row !!!". Huge amounts of egg on face right now....

FG: He's been toiling away for you in the forward line, what are your on-field aspirations for Zevon?

TDC: All players at the Roys aspire to end up on the bench. it's very comfy, has lots of spots for drinks, snacks and a megophone to abuse Supersuns as he runs around in the midfield. If Zevon works hard and reduces his excess goals tally (he currently owes the club 12,245 goals and counting) - he might one day get that bench spot...

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of Freo_4eva. How's he tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
TDC: We recruited 5 rookies in the off season - the three most prolific have been Freo_4eva , Zevon and Aristotle Pickett - so we are all hoping that AP can get a nomination for one of the thousands of rookie awards at some stage of the year. That'd be a good year for all of them.

FG: Now that we're halfway into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TDC: Are there any other good rookies this year ???
1596087836705.gif

At this point the footage gets a bit staticky because *insert Roys joke about technology*

FG: Hey Zevon! Congratulations on the nomination after all those weeks of being a candidate. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
Zevon: TedDougChris recruited me to the SFA after the SFA’s tour of the AFL Fantasy board

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is TDC, Supersuns, Wosh and the rest of the Roys looking after you?
Zevon: Absolutely! TDC and Wosh are looking after me and Supersuns is keeping me honest! First impressions are that the SFA is a fun place indeed and the Roys are a great club.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
Zevon: I prepare the same way every single game. Wake up late, couple of cokes sorry chudshakes and a trip to the ground in the famous bucket. I had no designs on winning the nomination this week but it’s a welcome surprise.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
Zevon: One game at a time... no screw that. I just want to have that big 10 goal game that Supersuns has been imploring me to have. I will be able to retire a happy man if that eventuates.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
Zevon: Being the forward line player that I am, it would have to be our own fitzroybowiedog. I get the best seat in the house watching him kick big bags of goals every week.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
Zevon: I’m no chance! Our own Freo_4eva is a shoo-in!

It's getting close to the back-straight now, there's still plenty of talent vying for the remaining spots and numerous chances to get a nomination. What will I run out of first though? Nominations or Nominees?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to run out of excuses
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 11 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - Ash24 (BAG) - ADT 80.46

Another rookie debut, another new candidate. Once again, a rookie that wasn't in the league a week ago has managed to get themselves up for a nomination after just 1 game. However it was Ash's first game and the sim decided to sub them off near the end of the 3rd quarter saying that they "struggled to make an impact". The sim also said the same thing about their opponent and if you make a forward struggle for impact in a win against you, you must be doing something right. For themselves, Ash recorded 5 kicks, 3 handballs and 2 marks, so it was more of a tagging role it would seem for the debutant. With limited supply of people getting candidacy left, as long as they keep posting, they should get a nomination before the last round.

Midfielder of the Week - Jabba73 (BAG) - ADT 122.82
Now onto the Bomber that isn't new to these parts, Jabba defied his ADT scoring pattern to make it back-to-back candidacy spots for the first time this season. Now usually a good ruckman is a person who wins majority of the tap-outs during a game. While Jabba did do that, they went way beyond that to have a big impact for the losing side. 15 hitouts, 35 disposals (15 kicks), 1 tackle, 3 Frees (1 Against) and 3 goals nothing. I'm focused on the 35 disposals and 3 goals because that's a contribution. DockerDen might be kicking himself for saying last week that Jabba would get the nom this week because it very well might happen.

Forward of the Week - DockerDen5215 (CIW) - ADT 102.25
But not without a fight from the young Warrior. Yet another rookie from a losing side will get the nomination this week so let's look at the one that was supposed to be kicking goals. DockerDen didn't have the ball magnet for their game but certainly ended up with just as big of an impact as the midfielder. 15 disposals, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 2 Frees Against and 3 goals nothing, DockerDen seems to have gotten over their goalkicking yips having kicked 5.1 over their last 3 games. With DockerDen's Prediction thread, we'll see how well they goes in front of goals with the run home they reckon they have. I'm sure it'll be a fascinating watch.

Vacant Spot
Alright, so tagging the inactive ones in this thread didn't change anything and I'm still without a 4 person to pump up during the week. So stuff them, I have my own agenda to worry about. Cleverbot, who is the mastermind behind your account? I asked the S30 rookies and they said it was Gremio. I asked Gremio and he said it's the S30 rookies. I need the services of being able to use the for shenanigans and funny hahas. Show yourself, man behind the curtain, and allow me to wield such awesome power. Oh, and here's some stats.
1618827518017.png

Can Ash go from outsider to Rookie Nom in just 1 game? Will Jabba be recognised for being the best player in their losing side? Can DockerDen convince the voters to show some love their way? Will anyone notice how the colours on the stats picture looks like the Flag of Lithuania?

DockerDen might be kicking himself for saying last week that Jabba would get the nom this week because it very well might happen.
I'm not kicking myself. I'm a ******* psychic. I knew this s**t would happen. Jabba73 will get it this week for sure, then Ash24 comes out of nowhere and will probably get it next week. A new rookie that probably isn't even in the system yet will get nominated in 2 weeks time before I do.

I'm not kicking myself. I'm a ******* psychic. I knew this sh*t would happen. Jabba73 will get it this week for sure, then Ash24 comes out of nowhere and will probably get it next week. A new rookie that probably isn't even in the system yet will get nominated in 2 weeks time before I do.
Damn you DockerDen5215. Was quietly minding my own business in the ruck and you had to jinx me.

The Sim has finally caught up with me, blaming you.

Damn you DockerDen5215. Was quietly minding my own business in the ruck and you had to jinx me.

The Sim has finally caught up with me, blaming you.
Blaming me for your 35 disposals? You should be thanking me. I can barely get half of that.

Blaming me for your 35 disposals? You should be thanking me. I can barely get half of that.
Mmm, 15 more hit outs and 20 more disposals yet only 20 more DT points.

Hit outs must be worth negative points, as suspected.

Mmm, 15 more hit outs and 20 more disposals yet only 20 more DT points.

Hit outs must be worth negative points, as suspected.
It's 52 more DT points, but because you have the ruck role your ADT doesn't get increased while my half-forward role gets boosted a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back