Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

As every week goes by I demonstrate my superiority over this seasons rookie class, the skip knows that & throws me wherever I’m needed.....If I don’t get this weeks award it’s simply a farce.
Now you are getting it.

As every week goes by I demonstrate my superiority over this seasons rookie class, the skip knows that & throws me wherever I’m needed.....If I don’t get this weeks award it’s simply a farce.

It's a cert to be you, we asked the umpire from the Geelong v Brisbane game to judge this weeks' offerings.

View attachment 1089211

ROUND 8 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - Catsnlakers (SCS) - ADT 108.65

Alright, time to make Gremio happy first thing this week, Catsnlakers was the best defender. How was Catsnlakers the best rookie defender of the round? They were the only rookie defender to reach 75 ADT. They also kept their direct opponent to 1 goal for the entire game, so it's not they're being mentioned purely to have a defender here. On top of that, Catsnlakers managed to have 20 disposals for themselves, 5 marks and a tackle. You can definitely tell that this person wasn't the reason they lost on the weekend. Unfortunately, keeping one person off the scoreboard doesn't stop the rest of the team scoring (at least, not every time) but it maybe enough to snag a Gun nomination.

Midfielder of the Week - Aristotle Pickett (ROY) - ADT 101.49
Standing between Catsnlakers and Gremio targeting powerrrrrrrrrrrr next is Aristotle Pickett. Now, I've made jokes about how Aristotle is always mentioned here every week, but this week they actually have a chance of taking the weekly nomination by finally reaching 100 ADT points. With 26 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 frees and a goal, the only thing that went against them on the day was the fact that the opposition captain was Best-on-Ground by a LONG margin. Getting benched with 7 minutes to go doesn't help either. So while they won't get the 3 Mobbs votes (or any Mobbs votes looking at the stats), this maybe the long awaited week that Aristotle Pickett gets sour looks from the Rats camp.

Forward of the Week - DockerDen5215 (CIW) - ADT 83.26
Onto the player that lost to Aristotle's team, DockerDen is back on the candidates list. DockerDen's opponent was on the Roy rookie that already has a Gun nomination, which showed with the sim saying Freo_4eva won the match-up, but that doesn't mean DockerDen was acting like a witch's hat on the field. 16 disposals, 7 marks, they even added 2 more to their overall Frees Against tally. The only problem that stops these stats from looking good is that DockerDen scored 3 behinds without a goal. Now, being in the team atop the ladder, this sort of performance can be overlooked (not that they usually kick 0.3), but not this week, not in a loss. Come on, at least I scored 2.3, and I KNOW I played terribly.

WildCard of the Week - Jabba73 (BAG) - ADT 84.57
Commiserations to Zevon who just missed out, Jabba73 takes the last spot thanks to a 10-goal outing that saw the ball get plenty of time getting bounced up in the middle. Yes, they were deemed to lost their match-up to the Buddy Franklin of the comp (why is a Full-Forward being used in the ruck?) but that just means it was a big day out for both rucks in that game. 18 hitouts (3 more than the opponent), 20 disposals, 2 frees, a tackle and a couple of goals, Jabba was doing all that the Bombers could ask of them and more. It's a wild coincidence that every candidate his week lost their match-up, or maybe that's the level of competition the league is giving the rookies, because they certainly didn't have bad games. Have a look...
View attachment 1089410

Will Catsnlakers make for interesting reading on Saturday? Will Aristotle spoil the party and cause a meltdown? Can one of Jabba or DockerDen surprise everyone and take home their team's first Gun nomination for the season?

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?
Before you make a decision...just remember how fun it is to deny Gremio any satisfaction in this thing.

Seconded.

About time the Rats got some recognition in this league.

Cats and Lakers and Rats, oh my.
With the way this is run, 8 players will spend more time having a nomination for longer than the time the tried getting one. The last of of those 8 being revealed today. A further 8, of course, will spend more of the season trying to get a nomination over the little time left that they can brag about having one, and last one might be more worried about winning their first final or might already be waiting for the new season before getting theirs. Back to that first sentence though, the first half of the nominations will be revealed either next week or the next (depending on where you think the middle of this season is). Thanks to the 2 big scorers this week not posting, the winning ADT score was barely over 100, so yes that does already eliminate DockerDen5215 and Jabba73. It was very close between Aristotle Pickett and Catsnlakers in terms of ADT. Both did their job well and both have been racking up candidate spots without being fully recognised for many weeks. One however was considered in the end better than the other due to a statistic that the sim doesn't even cover, and because of that statistic, the Round 8 Gun nomination is…
1617431142438.png 1617431244377.png

Yes, Catsnlakers had a great defensive game against the Hawks, and it was unfortunate (well, unfortunate for the Swampies) that one great defensive game doesn't mean that everyone else on the team will figure out how to do the same. Restricting his opponent down to just 1 goal, Catsnlakers was also able to contribute in other places on the ground, such as...

He's considered to be the sensible option
1 : 20.02 {FB} - jackster83 takes off.
1 : 20.07 {FB} - jackster83 dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
1 : 20.11 {lHBF} - He chooses the sensible option - to kick it long.
1 : 20.15 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers takes a strong mark.
He was toying with his opponent from an early stage
1 : 21.1 {rHBF} - Hands it off to philreich.
1 : 21.15 {rHBF} - A long looping handpass to Ant Bear.
1 : 21.19 {lHBF} - He kicks sideways towards Catsnlakers.
1 : 21.23 {lHBF} - TY24 claims the mark but its play on.
1 : 21.27 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers fighting to get a clear kick.
1 : 21.31 {lHBF} - Fires out the handpass to philreich.
1 : 21.36 {CHB} - A quick handpass to GremioPower.
1 : 21.39 {lHBF} - Quick hands to Catsnlakers.
1 : 21.43 {lHBF} - A long looping handpass to philreich.
1 : 21.47 {lHBF} - Chipmunk has been pushed out.
1 : 21.52 {rHFF} - Now TY24 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
A real tussle between the two rivals
2 : 12.08 {CHF} - A poor handpass but Chipmunk is up to the challenge.
2 : 12.13 {rHFF} - He kicks sideways towards TY24.
2 : 12.17 {rHFF} - No mark taken as TY24 and Catsnlakers wrestle for position.
2 : 12.21 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers slowing down the play.
2 : 12.25 {lHBF} - What a tackle.
2 : 12.3 {rHFF} - Who wants it? TY24 does. Great stuff.
2 : 12.36 {rHFF} - Crunching tackle by Catsnlakers.
2 : 12.4 {lHBF} - Its hard and tough but Catsnlakers wins possession.
I think that's the definition of a ball magnet
2 : 21.36 {C} - Agent93 takes them on.
2 : 21.39 {rHFF} - A hospital kick.
2 : 21.43 {rHFF} - Ooh the kick has gone straight to Catsnlakers.
Check out this burst of speed
3 : 5.43 {lW} - por_please_ya signals for her teammates to present.
3 : 5.48 {C} - An underground handpass to Agent93.
3 : 5.52 {rHFF} - TY24 and Catsnlakers jostle for position.
3 : 5.56 {rHFF} - But straight to Catsnlakers.
3 : 6 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers takes off.
3 : 6.04 {lHBF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
3 : 6.08 {lW} - He takes another.
Another intercept mark
3 : 8.18 {lHFF} - Nobody's checking Red mist.
3 : 8.24 {lHFF} - Fires out the handpass to Golumless.
3 : 8.28 {rHFF} - He beckons for a lead.
3 : 8.32 {rHFF} - Catsnlakers intercepts the kick and marks.
Not even the S30 rookies were safe
3 : 21.06 {lW} - Passes to PMBangers by hand.
3 : 21.1 {CHF} - A wobbly old kick.
3 : 21.15 {CHF} - Great mark! No! The umpire calls play on.
3 : 21.19 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers is now off and running.
3 : 21.23 {CHB} - Spears a kick towards GremioPower.
His opponent was not going to have an easy time of it
4 : 6.26 {CHF} - NinjaSwan to send the ball forward.
4 : 6.31 {rHFF} - He elects to use TY24 and kicks in that direction.
4 : 6.35 {rHFF} - No mark taken as TY24 and Catsnlakers wrestle for position.
4 : 6.39 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers has it.
4 : 6.43 {C} - He rewards the Ant Bear lead.
I starting to see why GremioPower likes the kid
4 : 14.06 {CHB} - Gets a handpass away to GremioPower.
4 : 14.1 {lHBF} - He elects to use Catsnlakers and kicks in that direction.
4 : 14.15 {lHBF} - Catsnlakers outbodies TY24 and takes the mark.
4 : 14.19 {lHBF} - With the ball is Catsnlakers.
4 : 14.22 {lHBF} - GotTheGoodes runs past and takes the handpass.
A last little headache for the opponent
4 : 20.07 {lW} - Nobody's checking por_please_ya.
4 : 20.11 {rHFF} - That kick makes it hard for TY24.
4 : 20.15 {rHFF} - Catsnlakers did enough to prevent a mark being taken.
I don't how a forward that only kicks 1 goal manages to be the winner of the match-up but that's not up for me to decide. I only decide who wins half of an award that only noobies care about. This week, I got to go to the Swamplands of Alberton to meet up with philshrek, Catsnboots and a flamin ASNO and ask them questions.
1617437258842.png

I'm glad tony puts up with my requests.

FG: Hey phil, unfortunate result against the Hawks in Round 8, but what a game from Catsnlakers to be the second Swampie Gun nom. How does it feel?
phil: CNL isn't everyone's cup of tea (although Jabba73 loves him :)), but he plays the antagonistic role really well, and he's quickly become an integral part of the team.
GP: That's true. It's certainly a roll that was vacant at the Rats, and Cats naturally picked the part. It was immediately. No one asked anything. He simply began acting like that, and we let him go with it. The Jab v. Cats interaction when we played the Bombers were great (Jabba indeed seems to agree!). We would love to see them doing that more often.

FG: Congrats on getting Catsnlakers over to the Rats. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
phil: I'd like to say that it was due to my impeccable recruiting skills, but I'd be lying - the SFA's Don Bradman of recruiters in Dingster. I swear the man could find somebody on the GWS board!!!
GP: Thanks, Dingster! A former Swamprat and an SFA Hall-of-Famer. Pure class.

FG: He's been handy for you guys wherever you've put him on the field, what are your on-field aspirations for Catsnlakers?
phil: The team is still a work in progress (as a public servant, it pains me to use the word work!!!), and as such, he's moved around a bit this season. But when we find his ideal position, he'll be one of the superstars of the competition.
GP: Talent is certainly there. No doubt. He is, what, the second rookie to win both Torch and Gun, right? (He should have been the first, but it doesn't matter.) Regardless, Cats has been having an outstanding season so far. We are very pleased to see that the committee agrees with us!

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of FishingRick. How's he tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
phil: Rick has been a welcome addition to the squad, although he's given the selection committee a piece of his mind on more than one occasion, if he hasn't been happy with where he's been selected.

Can't give too much away, but we hope to announce something before the end of the season. The person we have in mind has been busier than Donald Trump's lawyers in recent months, and hasn't been able to devote the necessary time to the SFA - hopefully that will change soon.

GP: Don't look at me. He hides this from his own Leadership Group. We don't know it either!

FG: Now that we're almost halfway into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
phil: Apparently that Zevon goes OK, but it is what it is - we're happy with what we have.
GP: Yes, we are. S31 is not void of rookie quality at all. The Rats have the best rookies in the competition. I say that even with powerrrrrrrrrrrr disapperared (I suspect Cleverbot has something to do with this). It's a long season. We still have hope he will return.

Still, the other clubs have great new players as well. We had already mentioned Jabba73; now phil named Zevon. The Freo border continues to bring quality to Sweet, this time with GREENESHOOTS, DockerDen5215, and others. There are certainly more. Some take a bit longer to settle in.

By the way, on the Roys, Dingster wouldn't let a gem like Catsnlakers coming to us without a reason. The rookie crop at the Roys is again very good. Zevon is not alone. Hopefully, they will hold them all this time (Hi, BLUEALLTHRU! Hello, RobR!).

Before the asno continues on his tangent, I have someone clawing at the legs looking for attention. Let's see what they want.

FG: Hey Catsnlakers! Congratulations on the nomination after all that nagging. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
Cnl: Thank you for FINALLY nominating me, for a while I was wondering if it would ever happen, it would of been an embarrassment to the committee & it’s wisdom if it hadn’t. On my performance I am always happy to do my part, but if we lose it feels a little hollow. And you can thank Dingster for getting me here, he introduced me to the skipper & so it went, I’ve certainly landed in the right place.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is phil, Gremio and the rest of the Swampies looking after you?
Cnl: The Underground is a place for someone who loves to drink, mate with rats of the female variety & generally talk sh*t, so I love the place. And all the boys have been great, they realised early on they had a ‘Gun’ on their hands & have allowed me to demonstrate that time & again.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
Cnl: I’ve thought I was a chance to get nominated every week since I’ve started, the manner in which I play is bound to get noticed, especially in comparison to some of my competition...And I prepare for a qooty match by getting blind on the Saturday night, drinking predominantly green fairy, & on the Sunday morning I usually drag myself out of bed at about 11am, chuck a few $heets on the horses & from there it’s off to the venue, with a beer in hand.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
Cnl: Win a premiership, Win every single individual award possible, embarrass every opponent who gets the honour to play on me, & end up with a trophy wife when it’s all said & done.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
Cnl: The Bears were impressive to me, both in banter & playing ability....And I don’t model my game on anyone in particular, but I do like the way Ant Bear & Phil go about it.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
Cnl: I think if these awards don’t come my way someone has been derelict in their duty, & it would be quite simply egregious.

Next week starts the second half the season. Which player will get their long-awaited nomination and get the chance to the overall winner? I dunno, maybe if you paid attention you'd already know that question.

Last edited:
With the way this is run, 8 players will spend more time having a nomination for longer than the time the tried getting one. The last of of those 8 being revealed today. A further 8, of course, will spend more of the season trying to get a nomination over the little time left that they can brag about having one, and last one might be more worried about winning their first final or might already be waiting for the new season before getting theirs. Back to that first sentence though, the first half of the nominations will be revealed either next week or the next (depending on where you think the middle of this season is). Thanks to the 2 big scorers this week not posting, the winning ADT score was barely over 100, so yes that does already eliminate DockerDen5215 and Jabba73. It was very close between Aristotle Pickett and Catsnlakers in terms of ADT. Both did their job well and both have been racking up candidate spots without being fully recognised for many weeks. One however was considered in the end better than the other due to a statistic that the sim doesn't even cover, and because of that statistic, the Round 7 Gun nomination is…
View attachment 1093072View attachment 1093075

Yes, Catsnlakers had a great defensive game against the Hawks, and it was unfortunate (well, unfortunate for the Swampies) that one great defensive game doesn't mean that everyone else on the team will figure out how to do the same. Restricting his opponent down to just 1 goal, Catsnlakers was also able to contribute in other places on the ground, such as...

Another intercept mark

I don't how a forward that only kicks 1 goal manages to be the winner of the match-up but that's not up for me to decide. I only decide who wins half of an award that only noobies care about. This week, I got to go to the Swamplands of Alberton to meet up with philshrek, Catsnboots and a flamin ASNO and ask them questions.
View attachment 1093162

FG: Hey phil, unfortunate result against the Hawks in Round 8, but what a game from Catsnlakers to be the second Swampie Gun nom. How does it feel?
phil: CNL isn't everyone's cup of tea (although Jabba73 loves him :)), but he plays the antagonistic role really well, and he's quickly become an integral part of the team.
GP: That's true. It's certainly a roll that was vacant at the Rats, and Cats naturally picked the part. It was immediately. No one asked anything. He simply began acting like that, and we let him go with it. The Jab v. Cats interaction when we played the Bombers were great (Jabba indeed seems to agree!). We would love to see them doing that more often.

FG: Congrats on getting Catsnlakers over to the Rats. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
phil: I'd like to say that it was due to my impeccable recruiting skills, but I'd be lying - the SFA's Don Bradman of recruiters in Dingster. I swear the man could find somebody on the GWS board!!!

FG: He's been handy for you guys wherever you've put him on the field, what are your on-field aspirations for Catsnlakers?
phil: The team is still a work in progress (as a public servant, it pains me to use the word work!!!), and as such, he's moved around a bit this season. But when we find his ideal position, he'll be one of the superstars of the competition.
GP: Talent is certainly there. No doubt. He is, what, the second rookie to win both Torch and Gun, right? (He should have been the first, but it doesn't matter.) Regardless, Cats has been having an outstanding season so far. We are very pleased to see that the committee agrees with us!

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of FishingRick. How's he tracking and will there be more rookies to add?
phil: Rick has been a welcome addition to the squad, although he's given the selection committee a piece of his mind on more than one occasion, if he hasn't been happy with where he's been selected.

Can't give too much away, but we hope to announce something before the end of the season. The person we have in mind has been busier than Donald Trump's lawyers in recent months, and hasn't been able to devote the necessary time to the SFA - hopefully that will change soon.

GP: Don't look at me. He hides this from his own Leadership Group. We don't know it either!

FG: Now that we're almost halfway into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
phil: Apparently that Zevon goes OK, but it is what it is - we're happy with what we have.
GP: Yes, we are. S31 is not void of rookie quality at all. The Rats have the best rookies in the competition. I say that even with powerrrrrrrrrrrr disapperared (I suspect Cleverbot has something to do with this). It's a long season. We still have hope he will return.

Still, the other clubs have great new players as well. We had already mentioned Jabba73; now phil named Zevon. The Freo border continues to bring quality to Sweet, this time with GREENESHOOTS, DockerDen5215, and others. There are certainly more. Some take a bit longer to settle in.

By the way, on the Roys, Dingster wouldn't let a gem like Catsnlakers coming to us without a reason. The rookie crop at the Roys is again very good. Zevon is not alone. Hopefully, they will hold them all this time (Hi, BLUEALLTHRU! Hello, RobR!).

Before the asno continues on his tangent, I have someone clawing at the legs looking for attention. Let's see what they want.

FG: Hey Catsnlakers! Congratulations on the nomination after all that nagging. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
Cnl: Thank you for FINALLY nominating me, for a while I was wondering if it would ever happen, it would of been an embarrassment to the committee & it’s wisdom if it hadn’t. On my performance I am always happy to do my part, but if we lose it feels a little hollow. And you can thank Dingster for getting me here, he introduced me to the skipper & so it went, I’ve certainly landed in the right place.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is phil, Gremio and the rest of the Swampies looking after you?
Cnl: The Underground is a place for someone who loves to drink, mate with rats of the female variety & generally talk sh*t, so I love the place. And all the boys have been great, they realised early on they had a ‘Gun’ on their hands & have allowed me to demonstrate that time & again.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
Cnl: I’ve thought I was a chance to get nominated every week since I’ve started, the manner in which I play is bound to get noticed, especially in comparison to some of my competition...And I prepare for a qooty match by getting blind on the Saturday night, drinking predominantly green fairy, & on the Sunday morning I usually drag myself out of bed at about 11am, chuck a few $heets on the horses & from there it’s off to the venue, with a beer in hand.

Cnl: Win a premiership, Win every single individual award possible, embarrass every opponent who gets the honour to play on me, & end up with a trophy wife when it’s all said & done.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
Cnl: The Bears were impressive to me, both in banter & playing ability....And I don’t model my game on anyone in particular, but I do like the way Ant Bear & Phil go about it.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
Cnl: I think if these awards don’t come my way someone has been derelict in their duty, & it would be quite simply egregious.

Next week starts the second half the season. Which player will get their long-awaited nomination and get the chance to the overall winner? I dunno, maybe if you paid attention you'd already know that question.
Phew!

Maybe 3rd best Rats rookie can now focus more on the quooty and less on the begging for relevance.

Good to see you get the nomination, even if it was by default.

With the way this is run, 8 players will spend more time having a nomination for longer than the time the tried getting one. The last of of those 8 being revealed today. A further 8, of course, will spend more of the season trying to get a nomination over the little time left that they can brag about having one, and last one might be more worried about winning their first final or might already be waiting for the new season before getting theirs. Back to that first sentence though, the first half of the nominations will be revealed either next week or the next (depending on where you think the middle of this season is). Thanks to the 2 big scorers this week not posting, the winning ADT score was barely over 100, so yes that does already eliminate DockerDen5215 and Jabba73. It was very close between Aristotle Pickett and Catsnlakers in terms of ADT. Both did their job well and both have been racking up candidate spots without being fully recognised for many weeks. One however was considered in the end better than the other due to a statistic that the sim doesn't even cover, and because of that statistic, the Round 7 Gun nomination is…
View attachment 1093072View attachment 1093075

Another intercept mark

View attachment 1093162

Gremio, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity!

A lot of usernames with the letter 'z'
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 9 CANDIDATES

Defender of the Week - Zoops (ESH) - ADT 135.03

Well here's a unfamiliar face. Having not been seen since Round 2, it seems that Zoops has been doing enough to stay at the Half-Back line so far, but not enough for the sim and ADT to reward them. This round is only the third time that Zoops has scored over 75 ADT. And one would think that it wouldn't happen again in a game where they lost by 68 points but, instead of lying down, Zoops dominated their opponent by racking up 27 disposals (=10th in the league this week), 5 marks, a tackle and a Free. It's a rare visit from Zoops, but the performance might just be enough to get a nomination this week after such a disappointing team outing.

Midfielder of the Week - Aristotle Pickett (ROY) - ADT 98.25
Well here's a familiar face. There is just no competition in the midfield section of rookies for Aristotle, and I will keep mentioning that until a time in which it stops being true. This week though, we're back to the usual ADT score of 90 something. Aristotle is certainly consistent in the way they keep doing this, and at this point I'm wondering if Aristotle even cares about getting candidacy anymore. 27 disposals, 5 tackles and 5 Frees, a down week statistically for Pickett, which says it all when that stat line is considered a down week. Aristotle will definitely get a nomination this season, their posting stats will make sure of that, and this week will be as good a week for that to happen.

Forward of the Week - Zevon (ROY) - ADT 119.78
Another Roy to be given candidacy this week, Zevon doesn't appear as often as their rookie teammate but gets bigger scores that makes them noticed more. In the Half-Forward line, Zevon only scored 1 goal. They also compiled 12 kicks, 8 marks, 3 tackles and 3 Free Against so they were getting busy at other facets of the game that was just more than contributing to the scoreboard. The sim also reckoned that Zevon won their match-up for the game, which begs the question of what the defender was doing if a forward only scores once and still comes on top. Zevon has been here a few times, how much longer before they get a nomination, and could it be this very week?

WildCard of the Week - crazywildhorse (FUR) - ADT 77.60
A literal new face. crazywildhorse wasn't even a part of a time this time last week and has had an immediate impact in their debut game. The other Furies rookies that have yet to be nominated have not yet been seen in the list of candidates so far so for crazywildhorse to jump right in off of a debut shows why the Furies were so eager to get them into the side. 9 kicks, 6 marks, 4 handballs in what would be an ordinary performance in a high-scoring loss except this was done in defense, and one has to wonder how many of those 6 marks were interceptions. Welcome to the SFA crazywildhorse, I get the feeling we'll be talking about you for the rest of your rookie season.
1617615811024.png

Can Zoops give the Hawks something to celebrate this week? Will the Roys rookies continue their dominance of this award? Can crazywildhorse go from neutral outsider to Rising Star Gun nomination in record speed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1094558

ROUND 9 CANDIDATES

Well here's a unfamiliar face. Having not been seen since Round 2, it seems that Zoops has been doing enough to stay at the Half-Back line so far, but not enough for the sim and ADT to reward them. This round is only the third time that Zoops has scored over 75 ADT. And one would think that it wouldn't happen again in a game where they lost by 68 points but, instead of lying down, Zoops dominated their opponent by racking up 27 disposals (=10th in the league this week), 5 marks, a tackle and a Free. It's a rare visit from Zoops, but the performance might just be enough to get a nomination this week after such a disappointing team outing.

Well here's a familiar face. There is just no competition in the midfield section of rookies for Aristotle, and I will keep mentioning that until a time in which it stops being true. This week though, we're back to the usual ADT score of 90 something. Aristotle is certainly consistent in the way they keep doing this, and at this point I'm wondering if Aristotle even cares about getting candidacy anymore. 27 disposals, 5 tackles and 5 Frees, a down week statistically for Pickett, which says it all when that stat line is considered a down week. Aristotle will definitely get a nomination this season, their posting stats will make sure of that, and this week will be as good a week for that to happen.

Another Roy to be given candidacy this week, Zevon doesn't appear as often as their rookie teammate but gets bigger scores that makes them noticed more. In the Half-Forward line, Zevon only scored 1 goal. They also compiled 12 kicks, 8 marks, 3 tackles and 3 Free Against so they were getting busy at other facets of the game that was just more than contributing to the scoreboard. The sim also reckoned that Zevon won their match-up for the game, which begs the question of what the defender was doing if a forward only scores once and still comes on top. Zevon has been here a few times, how much longer before they get a nomination, and could it be this very week?

A literal new face. crazywildhorse wasn't even a part of a time this time last week and has had an immediate impact in their debut game. The other Furies rookies that have yet to be nominated have not yet been seen in the list of candidates so far so for crazywildhorse to jump right in off of a debut shows why the Furies were so eager to get them into the side. 9 kicks, 6 marks, 4 handballs in what would be an ordinary performance in a high-scoring loss except this was done in defense, and one has to wonder how many of those 6 marks were interceptions. Welcome to the SFA crazywildhorse, I get the feeling we'll be talking about you for the rest of your rookie season.
View attachment 1094718

Can Zoops give the Hawks something to celebrate this week? Will the Roys rookies continue their dominance of this award? Can crazywildhorse go from neutral outsider to Rising Star Gun nomination in record speed?

Why have I not won this award yet you ungrateful humans.

Why have I not won this award yet you ungrateful humans.
You should talk to the Sim, AI to AI, and ask him about that, mate...

P.S.: I'm afraid there is a unsolvable contradiction between intelligence and barracking for GWS, though. Let's say that AI was used above as a technical term.

Mobbs, I have the impression that “did well against” often means “lost to.” Is it the case?
No it means, "arguably defeated" (somewhere between equal and snuck home).
I get that it can read a little like a patronising pat on the head, but it's meant to be a slightly positive result.

No it means, "arguably defeated" (somewhere between equal and snuck home).
I get that it can read a little like a patronising pat on the head, but it's meant to be a slightly positive result.
Checking the numbers, I often get the impression that it is "[Despite of losing,] Xxxxx did well against Yyyyy."

View attachment 1094558

ROUND 9 CANDIDATES

View attachment 1094718

I do care. If I don't get at least 15 possessions I have to go for a long walk on the beach.

DisloyalAlarmingBlackbear-size_restricted (1).gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back