Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 52 more DT points, but because you have the ruck role your ADT doesn't get increased while my half-forward role gets boosted a bit.
Actually Didn’t Try points?

Jabba-Dabba-Doo
We're in final stretch now, there's not that many people left to take a nomination. And of those left, 3 have been trying to get a nomination the entire season while the other 2 have managed to join up at the right time. This week, the sim picked out the 2 unlucky players from last week as well as one of the newbies. Ash24 managed to do enough on debut to get a look in, though was restricted by the amount of time that they had on the field. DockerDen5215 had their (equal) 3rd highest score for the season, finally getting another 100+ ADT game in 7 weeks. Once again though, someone else had a better game than him, and that game was too good not to be recognised. Meaning the Round 11 Gun nomination is…
1619224734530.png 1619224711951.png

Jabba73 played like a modern ruckman. Aside from winning the Hit-Out count against the Furies captain, Jabba also got amongst the midfielders and rack up 35 disposals and 3 goals. Only the best players are able to score goals while also setting them up. Let's look at the highlights to see how he did it.

The Bombers making a big handballs chain.
1 : 14.37 {FB} - Now KohPhi has the ball. What can he do with it?.
1 : 14.41 {FB} - Draws a man and then with hands to RobR.
1 : 14.45 {rBP} - A slick handpass goes to Ash24.
1 : 14.49 {rBP} - He handpasses to Pugsley.
1 : 14.53 {rBP} - Draws a man and then with hands to Jabba73.
1 : 14.58 {FB} - An underground handpass to KohPhi.
And another handball chain that lead to a goal.
1 : 20.23 {lHBF} - kickthething is in the way and will mark.
1 : 20.27 {rHFF} - The ball is now with kickthething.
1 : 20.31 {rHFF} - No-look handpass to RobR.
1 : 20.36 {rHFF} - Hands it off to Jabba73.
1 : 20.4 {rHFF} - Pugsley runs past and takes the handpass.
1 : 20.44 {CHF} - Long handpass to the running Bovo.
1 : 20.48 {FF} - A measured kick in the direction of miggs.
1 : 20.54 {FF} - Sterge upset the marking attempt by miggs.
1 : 20.58 {FF} - miggs fighting to get a clear kick.
1 : 21.02 {FF} - miggs from point blank range.
1 : 21.06 {FF} - miggs gives some to the crowd after that goal.
Baghdad Bombers : 1.2.8
Fighting Furies FFC : 1.0.6
Jabba then decides to get on the goals early.
2 : .51 {rHFF} - kickthething with some space now.
2 : .55 {lFP} - Long handpass to the running Judd_Magic.
2 : .59 {lFP} - Hands it off to Jabba73.
2 : 1.03 {lFP} - Jabba73's eyes light up - he fires at goal.
2 : 1.07 {lFP} - Perfect goal kicking technique. That's number 1 for Jabba73.
Baghdad Bombers : 2.2.14
Fighting Furies FFC : 1.4.10
Some more handballing action.
2 : 1.19 {C} - Running with the ball is Kilroy.
2 : 1.23 {rW} - Hands it off to Antonio BlueVein.
2 : 1.28 {rW} - Handpasses to RobR.
2 : 1.32 {rW} - Huge handpass to Jabba73. As good as a kick.
2 : 1.36 {lW} - Handpasses to Tony Lynn 15.
2 : 1.4 {rHBF} - A slick handpass goes to TheCoach16.
Jabba makes sure the ball doesn't go over his head that easily.
2 : 12.13 {FB} - Judd_Magic with the ball now.
2 : 12.17 {FB} - A quick handpass to Jabba73.
2 : 12.21 {lBP} - Handpass over the shoulder to Judd_Magic.
2 : 12.25 {lBP} - That's a trip surely.
2 : 12.3 {rFP} - Nobody's checking tigland.
2 : 12.36 {rFP} - Mister M runs past and takes the handpass.
2 : 12.4 {rFP} - This should be a goal to Mister M.
2 : 12.43 {rFP} - Jabba73 chooses the safe option in rushing it through.
Baghdad Bombers : 2.4.16
Fighting Furies FFC : 1.8.14
Jabba definitely helps with keeping the opposition off the ball.
2 : 18.13 {C} - Jabba73 taps it down.
2 : 18.22 {lW} - Taking the ball is Pugsley.
2 : 18.25 {rW} - Handpass to space. CALL ME SNAKE runs onto it.
2 : 18.3 {CHF} - That's a real up and under.
2 : 18.34 {CHF} - I can't believe Bovo held on to that. What a mark.
2 : 18.38 {CHF} - Bovo signals for his teammates to present.
2 : 18.42 {CHF} - A slick handpass goes to Jabba73.
2 : 18.48 {rHFF} - An underground handpass to kickthething.
Even when those handballs become a game of chaosball.
2 : 24.3 {CHF} - Bovo looking for a lead.
2 : 24.34 {CHF} - A wild handball - but luckily Jabba73 was well placed to clean up.
2 : 24.38 {lFP} - A spearing pass towards VSTone.
Here he is just passing between himself and some friends.
3 : 2.32 {C} - Big tap from Jabba73.
3 : 2.4 {rW} - RobR weaves through the congestion.
3 : 2.44 {rW} - Jabba73 receives his handpass.
3 : 2.48 {lW} - Tony Lynn 15 runs past and takes the handpass.
3 : 2.52 {lW} - Long handpass to the running RobR.
3 : 2.57 {lW} - Handballs over the top to Jabba73.
3 : 3.01 {lW} - A lookaway handpass to Tony Lynn 15.
Scores another goal and keeps on going afterwards.
3 : 16 {rFP} - iDon to send the ball forward.
3 : 16.04 {rFP} - Quick hands to Jabba73.
3 : 16.08 {rFP} - Jabba73 has a bounce.
3 : 16.12 {rFP} - Jabba73 about twenty-five out.
3 : 16.16 {rFP} - This will be - and is - a goal to Jabba73.
Baghdad Bombers : 4.5.29
Fighting Furies FFC : 8.11.59
3 : 16.2 {C} - Textbook ruckwork from Jabba73.
3 : 16.28 {lW} - Jabba73 hits the ground running.
Jabba was even tapping to himself.
4 : 25 {C} - Big tap from Jabba73.
4 : .1 {C} - Jabba73 weaves through the congestion.
4 : .13 {C} - Passes to RobR by hand.
Capitalises on the defenses mistakes.
4 : 2.35 {FB} - crazywildhorse looks downfield.
4 : 2.4 {FB} - Ooof. iDon blindsides crazywildhorse and I heard that from here.
4 : 2.44 {lFP} - Quality gather by VSTone.
4 : 2.48 {lFP} - Handpass to space. Jabba73 runs onto it.
4 : 2.52 {lFP} - Jabba73 walks into goal.
4 : 2.57 {lFP} - Was it touched? Goal umpire says no!.
Baghdad Bombers : 6.7.43
Must have been a handballing day for the Bombers.
4 : 3.46 {CHB} - The Jesus sews Carson Dial up in a fantastic tackle.
4 : 3.5 {CHF} - The Jesus has possession.
4 : 3.54 {CHF} - He involves Jabba73 in the play.
4 : 3.58 {CHF} - He gets a handpass to The Jesus.
4 : 4.03 {CHF} - A lookaway handpass to RobR.
4 : 4.07 {CHF} - Huge handpass to Pugsley. As good as a kick.
This time, Jabba is the one that causes an opposition slip-up.
4 : 6.35 {FB} - Edmund hunt signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 6.39 {FB} - Handpass over the shoulder to Rioli8217.
4 : 6.43 {FB} - No-look handpass to Sterge.
4 : 6.47 {FB} - Gives the ball to Mister M.
4 : 6.51 {FB} - Jabba73 drags Mister M down beautifully.
4 : 6.55 {FF} - miggs has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 7 {FF} - This will be a goal to miggs.
4 : 7.04 {FF} - It's through.
Baghdad Bombers : 8.8.56
Another tap to himself for the road.
4 : 22.16 {C} - Jabba73 wins the tap decisively.
4 : 22.25 {lW} - Jabba73 has a paddock.
4 : 22.29 {CHF} - A kick in the general direction of The Jesus.

Onto the interview, do you know how much sand is in the Middle East? I mean, it is all over the place there but you don't realise just how much sand there is until you actually go there. Anyway, that's what I was thinking before I realised that Antonio BlueVein and Jabba73 decided that camels were a good idea for this. This was going to be a fun interview even without the animals.
1619228597167.png

FG: Hey ABV, the Bombers somehow managed to lose to the tanking Furies in Round 11...
ABV: We lost the qooty match did we? I suppose we had to let them win something, they’re really struggling on the field, and off it.
FG: ...but Jabba had a big game to be one of your best this week...
ABV: Jabba73 is a bonafide star and he made light work of the shrivelled husk Tigerturbulance
FG: ...how does it feel?
ABV: You’re asking me how it feels that we lost a qooty match yet my star recruit dominated?

Satisfying. It feels satisfying.

FG: Congrats on getting Jabba over to the Bombers. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
ABV: Jabba is apart of an elite clandestine group of random internetters that call themselves, wait, I can’t tell you, if I tell you, I’d have to find you.

FG: He seems to having a fun time in the ruck ever since you put him there, what are your on-field aspirations for Jabba?
ABV: Stop asking so many questions, what are you, a copper?

AFP?

FBI?

CIA?

RACV?

RSPCA?

FG: Um... I know there's other rookies at the Abdu Prison this year, how have they been going themselves in your view?
ABV: We’ve had one account deletion, one who thinks we’re all a bunch of nerds and would rather insert hot needles directly into his right retina, one who vomits at the thought of playing for a team with red and black colours, and one who is still not sure what he signed up for.

We’re in a good spot.

FG: Now that we're over halfway into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
ABV: Catsnlakers will be the runner-up to Jabba73 in this seasons EKA, I really like the cut of his jib.

And if GREENESHOOTS doesn’t finish third I’ll storm the committee and set a series of traps, each more elaborate and cunning than the last, until they’re all captured and incarcerated in Abdu prison with no access to wifi.

Thank goodness these camels were tied to each other otherwise I'd be crushed under one by now. Talking about crushing, let's see what Jabba says after crushing his opponent.

FG: Hey Jabba! Congratulations on the nomination despite that humiliating loss. You must be pleased with how you went in the game though. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
Jabba: Thanks FootyGuy13. Not about the individual awards in a losing team, here for the team glory that a premiership brings, although it does give me a small amount of pleasure to have proven myself against some of the legends of the SFA while playing in the ruck. The only things hiding in the pockets at this club are a couple of grenades for the after party. Other teams should give their rookies a chance to test themselves against the best.

Have received plenty of offers to join teams in the SFA from fellow Blues supporters over the years and took part in the SFA tour match last season mostly out of curiosity. The lame dad jokes from philreich almost put me off, however I couldn't go past the offer of unlimited camels, goats and ladies in the Harem. The thought of playing games in a prison alongside the legendary RobR and my old sparring partner TheCoach16 was too good to pass up.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is ABV, Pugs and the rest of the Bombers looking after you?
Jabba: The SFA has been a revelation, did not know you could melt like a Blues supporter in an autopsy thread and be considered as not trying hard enough. The epic-ness of the melts in here is seriously next level.

Antonio BlueVein is the kind of guy you would wear a bomb vest into battle for. Leads from the front week after week. The other guys in the squad have encouraged me to be myself, then pissed themselves laughing at the result. What a team! May I also give a shout out to a couple of fallen comrades in Santoz and MITS who have joined BLUEALLTHRU on the martyr list. They have taken the fall for my mistakes.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
Jabba: Start the game preparations with the Friday Night Jukebox hosted by Kilroy, once the theme is nominated it can lead you down the rabbit hole into a world of songs you didn't know existed. The rest of my preparation pretty much consists of trying to remember when the game starts.

To be fair, had to be a chance of being nominated at some stage, there isn't too many rookies left that post other than DockerDen5215 ... who will probably win by default next week.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
Jabba: An uninjured run would be a welcome break from my sporting attempts in RL. Anything else is a bonus.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
Jabba: Been some very good teams to play against this season, most are a lot of fun. No need to look much further than my team mates for inspiration given I have witnessed two of the best games ever played when BLUEALLTHRU kicked a lazy 10 goals without leaving the square and Pugsley raked in 143 DT points.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
Jabba: Reckon that rookie guy that plays for the Admin team is struggling a bit, hope he comes good and defies the doubters. Not sure who decided putting someone called NaturalDisaster in charge of something was a good idea, but here we are. Vote for the underdog!

Anyone could win this award, purely for doing nothing other than paying the Sim Gods a bucket load of money. Will happily send every one of them a letterbomb as punishment if my name gets drawn out of the hat. Give the thing to Catsnlakers, he has done more promotion of his own chances than anyone else. Reward the effort.

And with that, the interview was over. After the inevitable fall of the camel, I could finally get out the place and leave with it the chance of getting blown up by someone. I should also name drop this week's Interview sponsor.
1619227932302.png

See you guys next week to see if the Sim still likes rookies!

@Cleverbot, who is the mastermind behind your account? I asked the S30 rookies and they said it was Gremio. I asked Gremio and he said it's the S30 rookies. I need the services of being able to use the for shenanigans and funny hahas.
Chipmunk and GWS Goose, you are currently my remaining suspects.

Who will it be this week?
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

ROUND 12 CANDIDATES

Midfielder of the Week - Aristotle Pickett (ROY) - ADT 77.74

Long time, no see for this guy. After a couple of weeks of being a no-show on the field, Aristotle Pickett has done just enough to be up for a nomination again. What has AP been up to since we last saw them? Well, this week they got 24 disposals, 2 tackles, 4-2 Free Kick Count and scored 1 goal 3. Playing in the midfield is a tough ask, probably why it takes all season to get recognised when all positions are on the same playing field. Not to mention that, for a long while, AP was the only one stuck in the predicament. But now we're at that end of the season and it's an easier task to get midfielders to be seen. Mainly because...

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. So instead, I'm just going to name everyone who played this week. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; DockerDen5215 (54.56), crazywildhorse (12.59).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (109.56), Gadzorks (79.06), Off Tap (58.98), Judd_Magic (56.76), Mrs haydo (56.62), Here2tellyouwhy (37.98), Cuzz09 (36.52), Ash24 (14.9), WaywardSonSon (9.12).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Freo_4eva (111.75), GREENESHOOTS (100), Heardy_101 (88.69), wherearemykeys (87.65), FishingRick04 (83.94), Grimesy87 (81.37), Jabba73 (74.5), BringBackTheAnchor (73.75), Zoops (57.43), Catsnlakers (45.61), Zevon (29.22)

Oh, and here's some stats.
1619439212127.png

Can Aristotle Pickett snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Find out Saturday.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE THIS WEEK'S "GUN"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1112443

ROUND 12 CANDIDATES

Long time, no see for this guy. After a couple of weeks of being a no-show on the field, Aristotle Pickett has done just enough to be up for a nomination again. What has AP been up to since we last saw them? Well, this week they got 24 disposals, 2 tackles, 4-2 Free Kick Count and scored 1 goal 3. Playing in the midfield is a tough ask, probably why it takes all season to get recognised when all positions are on the same playing field. Not to mention that, for a long while, AP was the only one stuck in the predicament. But now we're at that end of the season and it's an easier task to get midfielders to be seen. Mainly because...

Vacant Spot
No one else managed to score over 75 ADT. So instead, I'm just going to name everyone who played this week. The Ones Who Posted But Didn't Score Well Enough; DockerDen5215 (54.56), crazywildhorse (12.59).

Vacant Spot
Didn't Post Before Their Match Started; bl4ke (109.56), Gadzorks (79.06), Off Tap (58.98), Judd_Magic (56.76), Mrs haydo (56.62), Here2tellyouwhy (37.98), Cuzz09 (36.52), Ash24 (14.9), WaywardSonSon (9.12).

Vacant Spot
Already Have A Nomination; Freo_4eva (111.75), GREENESHOOTS (100), Heardy_101 (88.69), wherearemykeys (87.65), FishingRick04 (83.94), Grimesy87 (81.37), Jabba73 (74.5), BringBackTheAnchor (73.75), Zoops (57.43), Catsnlakers (45.61), Zevon (29.22)

View attachment 1112473

Can Aristotle Pickett snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Find out Saturday.

My money is on sausageroll

View attachment 1112443

ROUND 12 CANDIDATES

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

Vacant Spot

View attachment 1112473

Fingers crossed for DockerDen5215

FMD mate, can't even jag a nomination with only one other player qualifying.

Someone is taking the piss now, surely?
I am so bad at qooty I think I'm cursed. The sim hates me. Probably won't get a nomination for the rest of the season.

I am so bad at qooty I think I'm cursed. The sim hates me. Probably won't get a nomination for the rest of the season.
Using you to keep some sense of excitement in the Award.

People will keep checking in to see if this is the week that DockerDen5215 finally breaks through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back