Official Match Thread Season 31, Round 15: Roys FFC vs Dragons FFC at the BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

I like prawn crackers...

View attachment 1124926
Give me a couple you hog ?
No chance, there's only a few crumbs left. I'll be drinking water all night now. šŸ˜‚

I think there should be more emphasis on the "crack" than the "prawn" with these *ers - I know of few foods as additive.

Also how come youā€™re in a hotel room?
On the road for work. Up in Geraldton tonight, where there is still evidence of that cyclone that came through a few weeks back.

No chance, there's only a few crumbs left. I'll be drinking water all night now. šŸ˜‚

I think there should be more emphasis on the "crack" than the "prawn" with these f***ers - I know of few foods as additive.

On the road for work. Up in Geraldton tonight, where there is still evidence of that cyclone that came through a few weeks back.
Geraldton must have changed and grown heaps since I was last there. They even have prawn crackers and internet now.

Those two, Geraint is riding the Tour I think, Froome on UAE, looks like Esteban Chaves will be the GC hopeful for Bike Exchange.
Are Ineos looking strong? I can't see Thomas beating Pogacar or Roglic without the train.

They're always strong. I mean, they have the bloke who finished 3rd last year as a domestique.
So who is your tip for the win? I'm glad there isn't an outright favourite this season: I hated the Froome years.

Have they announced the 2021 course yet?

So much to say about this, but I know most Dragons prefer to talk contentphobic dribble so it might be better suited to the Replicating thread.
Well, I'll give it a burl. Serial should like it and it gives Ljp86 an opportunity to use his nerd gif.
I definitely agree that the island is constrictively small. The playing arena only just squeezes onto the land mass, with room for one thoroughfare around the south side and nothing else (no room at all on the north side). But there's still some room available. There is a little bit of area still to be developed on the western side of the oval, and nothing has been developed at all on the eastern side.
I specifically made the island small to fit the fable. A club's locale being referred to as an island surely suggested that it was a small, happily insular region. If it was a massive island, it'd have no distinct variance from the rest of the league's arenas/districts. Therefore, it's small.
When I first built it, it was even smaller. I realised it was ridiculously too small and immediately upsized it a bit. I thought I had a couple of screenshots of the smaller size, but can't find them right now. By July 2016, Dragon Island was already its current, expanded size.
To fit the lore of Dragon Island originally being reportedly uninhabited but then found to be inhabited by an itinerant group from the mainland who travelled there yonks ago, I tried to build a town that could fit both worlds - a tribal, savage mishmash of huts morphed somewhat into a modern-day hamlet. It took a while to envisage how I'd do this, but the end result works pretty well. The streets are narrow and tight and there is no single unbroken thoroughfare from the docks: you march into town and you're in a claustrophobic maze of tight-knit residences in the bush.
To add more style to this concept, I wanted it to look like it was built into a wooded area without being cleared. To do this, I planted Oak Trees and forced them to grow into what are called "Large Oak Trees", taller with more extensive and random foliage - like a canopy. These enabled the village to appear to be squeezed into and under the foliage, creating a more wild effect.
You can see these trees under way in the screenshots following. The little wood pillars cause the Oak trees to flourish into taller variants with extensive and "unkempt" canopies:
View attachment 1124408View attachment 1124409View attachment 1124410View attachment 1124411
So, while the island is small, the format of the village is compact and enables optimal land usage for a solid population. I can probably house 300 people there if I continued to build up the entire island in the same way.

Just an extra note for serial_thrilla : Serial Mia is a tiny islet just south of Dragon Island, with one tree (as already discussed). But as there is no home, or designated property, this is a geographical feature, and not a residence. It's not treated as an allotment, at all. So it's not your home, it's just an island.

0) Chief
1) Bonz
3) A Swallow
4) Maylandsman
5) Blaze Storm
7) Pie 4 Life
8) serial_thrilla
9) gym4life
10) Mooresome
11) Stoods
13) BringBackTheAnchor
14) Matt_352
15) Strigoi
17) eth-dog
22) Dr Mantis Taboggan
23) VandoHawk
26) Cold Sober
31) MC Bad Genius
33) Bradesmaen
35) Ashman OG
42) HawkAussie
45) T2B_
69) Ljp86
74) fumbler
90) AceAndy
99) Knifey Spoony

Do any of you guys play Minecraft? I have grand ambitions for Dragon Island on the BF server, but a). I don't know how to play Minecraft, and b). I don't own Minecraft.

Mobbs and Tonga Bob can't stop our unashamed land grab!!!
Never played it, have watched videos of it, don't get the hype

I'm hoping for a Chaves win but I'm backing Roglic for this one.

Yeah the course is always announced at the end of the season.
I just had a look. TWO individual time trials??? And is it just me or are there less mountain stages this year? The double Mont Ventoux ascent looks pretty cool though.

giphy.gif
Nailed him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0) Chief
1) Bonz
3) A Swallow
4) Maylandsman
5) Blaze Storm
7) Pie 4 Life
8) serial_thrilla
9) gym4life
10) Mooresome
11) Stoods
13) BringBackTheAnchor
14) Matt_352
15) Strigoi
17) eth-dog
22) Dr Mantis Taboggan
23) VandoHawk
26) Cold Sober
31) MC Bad Genius
33) Bradesmaen
35) Ashman OG
42) HawkAussie
45) T2B_
69) Ljp86
74) fumbler
90) AceAndy
99) Knifey Spoony

Do any of you guys play Minecraft? I have grand ambitions for Dragon Island on the BF server, but a). I don't know how to play Minecraft, and b). I don't own Minecraft.

Do they allow prisoners and Matt_352 to play Qooty now?

I prefer KFC too but the Red Rooster was right there. It's good stuff, but they lost the plot when they stopped serving those Hawaiian packs with the banana fritters!
You've got to go to Chicken Treat to get the banana + pineapple.

>Chicken Treat
I went to my local Chicken Treat the other day, and they didn't have any roast chicken left. Seriously why bother opening the store without any roast chicken? What am I going to buy? A large serving of chips with some tomato sauce sachets?

0) Chief
1) Bonz
3) A Swallow
4) Maylandsman
5) Blaze Storm
7) Pie 4 Life
8) serial_thrilla
9) gym4life
10) Mooresome
11) Stoods
13) BringBackTheAnchor
14) Matt_352
15) Strigoi
17) eth-dog
22) Dr Mantis Taboggan
23) VandoHawk
26) Cold Sober
31) MC Bad Genius
33) Bradesmaen
35) Ashman OG
42) HawkAussie
45) T2B_
69) Ljp86
74) fumbler
90) AceAndy
99) Knifey Spoony

Nope, sorry skip. Not massively into gaming tbh. Used to smash Halo online back in the day, but very little since then. Lord Halo 3 online was so awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back