Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 9: Ophidian Old Boys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
ejwcount-png.1519200

Hello and welcome to this weeks match thread, an EJW Countdown Special Event. I spoke to Molly, and he is absolutely fine with my blatant rip off of his life’s work.

1664231207113.png VS 1664231214391.png

OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS

Everything about the OOB’s screams class, style, originality. Everything that is except U2tigers

If you think I’m playing a bloody U2 track, you don’t know me that well. They’re lemons. No, this eclectic bunch has a source of inspiration much deeper, and of a far superior quality. Firstly, The Jesus and his avatar brings to mind the Coen Brothers classic film The Big Lebowski. Simply on of the greatest films ever made, and a rich source of musical material. But Kenny Rogers? Yes, Kenny Rogers. We all know his country schmaltz and Dolly partnerships, but early Kenny and his band the First Edition dropped a cracker, so here it is:

Next up a track by one of the most underrated bands of all time,The Kinks. Not many of you will know much of Hoos but on a musical level his depth of knowledge is extraordinary. He also doesn’t have my new number since I changed jobs and he probably thinks I’m ignoring him, so I really should give him a call. Side tracked, sorry. Here we go, with Hoosy’s favourite Kinks track:

Lastly, an ode to our 245lg of love muscle and fearless leader, Tigerturbulance. Not only does he play this in the change rooms as a pump up song before games (to himself), I have it on good authority it also sees some boudoir action with @mrsturbo, I shudder at the thought:

SIN CITY SWAMPRATS

When I think of Sin City, I think of Sydney, so it sure was tempting to go down that path. I mean, Sydneys music scene is iconic and there is a rich vein of material to draw upon. However, that would be too generic, and I’ve done generic in other OP’s this round, so we move on.

The names and avatars of the Swampies have certainly given me ideas, and one was a lay down misere, Firestarter Now, I’m not ususally into this sort of music, but this is a banger!! And Firestarter by name, and disturbing avatar, screamed out that this song had to make the cut, ooooof!!!

Next up, a username that makes me shudder on multiple levels. But mostly because it sets off an earworm in my head of a truly horrible, horrible song. But if my brain goes there every time I see the username, you too can suffer. For you all, but especially you HirdsTheWord Ugh:

Lastly, Millky95 I love Mr Milk, I loved his silent phase, I really enjoy his humour and general posting style, and I (in my head) call him Mr Milk regularly. That also happens to be a soing by one of my favourite bands, You Am I. Probably why it happens really. Anyway, after the torture of the last song, best we finish with something of quality. Enjoy:

This game will be decided by musical superiority, so The Kinks track alone means the OOB’s will win by 247pts.

Captains, please have your teamsheets in by 11.59pm Thursday night

1664230451926-png.1519201

ejwcount-png.1519200

Hello and welcome to this weeks match thread, an EJW Countdown Special Event. I spoke to Molly, and he is absolutely fine with my blatant rip off of his life’s work.

View attachment 1519209VSView attachment 1519210

OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS

Everything about the OOB’s screams class, style, originality. Everything that is except U2tigers

If you think I’m playing a bloody U2 track, you don’t know me that well. They’re lemons. No, this eclectic bunch has a source of inspiration much deeper, and of a far superior quality. Firstly, The Jesus and his avatar brings to mind the Coen Brothers classic film The Big Lebowski. Simply on of the greatest films ever made, and a rich source of musical material. But Kenny Rogers? Yes, Kenny Rogers. We all know his country schmaltz and Dolly partnerships, but early Kenny and his band the First Edition dropped a cracker, so here it is:

Next up a track by one of the most underrated bands of all time,The Kinks. Not many of you will know much of Hoos but on a musical level his depth of knowledge is extraordinary. He also doesn’t have my new number since I changed jobs and he probably thinks I’m ignoring him, so I really should give him a call. Side tracked, sorry. Here we go, with Hoosy’s favourite Kinks track:

Lastly, an ode to our 245lg of love muscle and fearless leader, Tigerturbulance. Not only does he play this in the change rooms as a pump up song before games (to himself), I have it on good authority it also sees some boudoir action with @mrsturbo, I shudder at the thought:

SIN CITY SWAMPRATS

When I think of Sin City, I think of Sydney, so it sure was tempting to go down that path. I mean, Sydneys music scene is iconic and there is a rich vein of material to draw upon. However, that would be too generic, and I’ve done generic in other OP’s this round, so we move on.

The names and avatars of the Swampies have certainly given me ideas, and one was a lay down misere, Firestarter Now, I’m not ususally into this sort of music, but this is a banger!! And Firestarter by name, and disturbing avatar, screamed out that this song had to make the cut, ooooof!!!

Next up, a username that makes me shudder on multiple levels. But mostly because it sets off an earworm in my head of a truly horrible, horrible song. But if my brain goes there every time I see the username, you too can suffer. For you all, but especially you HirdsTheWord Ugh:

Lastly, Millky95 I love Mr Milk, I loved his silent phase, I really enjoy his humour and general posting style, and I (in my head) call him Mr Milk regularly. That also happens to be a soing by one of my favourite bands, You Am I. Probably why it happens really. Anyway, after the torture of the last song, best we finish with something of quality. Enjoy:

This game will be decided by musical superiority, so The Kinks track alone means the OOB’s will win by 247pts.

Captains, please have your teamsheets in by 11.59pm Thursday night

1664230451926-png.1519201

Every match thread should be at least this good.

Great work U2tigers Elton Johns Wig

Every match thread should be at least this good.

Great work U2tigers Elton Johns Wig
1 : 7.08 {C} - Callums_Guns is outbodied in the ruck contest.
1 : 7.16 {lW} - The ball is now with Brenton Davy.
1 : 5.27 {C} - Cubs2Lions had that ruck contest all to themself.

Bono left us short in the middle again on Sunday will put it down to helping EJW with this week's match threads during the match 🤦‍♂️

Great work EJW and Bono

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back