Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 9 - Roys FFC v Fighting Furies @ Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
1695624448146.png

The Season So Far:

TeamLadder PositionWinsLossesPercentage
Roys6th4498.38
Furies13th2583.82

All time H2H:

Despite the recent plight the Furies own a winning record against Roys notching 33 wins and 24 losses against the gorilla's from Brunswick. The Furies also won the sole final played between the two way back in Season 7.

Last time they met: Season 35, Round 9

Not to sound like a broken record but the Furies also took the chocolates last season, leading at every change to notch a 34pt victory.

1695625030749.png

Last week:

The Roys are coming off the back of a resounding 41pt takedown of the Bombers. 3KZ is Football (26 possies, 6 marks, 3 tackles) and Phar Ace (23 possies, 11 marks, 2 tackles) got leather poisoning whilst Barrels kicked a team high 4 goals from 5 kicks for some impression efficiency.
Meanwhile the league whispers of some Fury tank shenanigans' only grow louder after they let the offensively inept Gumbies (season scoring average of 86pts) score 142pts, causing a 25 point defeat. Silver linings are the performances of Bovo (29 possies, 6 marks, 2 goals), crazywildhorse (26 possies, 8 marks) and krided (22 possies, 3 frees and 2 goals).

All SFA watch:

Roys FFC ruck rover tigs2010 leads the position with a whooping 663 dream team points, 11 goals and 46 tackles the highlights on an illustrious start to the season.
Meanwhile it's harder to find contenders at the Furies due to some severe simhousery. Chronz has been gallant at full back though and is top 5 for the position.

Final Word:

I expect the Roys to be too good as they march towards a post season campaign but hopefully the Furies will show some pride in the jumper. Roys by 1pt.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Last edited:

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Season 1 Reaction GIF by Paramount+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good evening to those Roys who haven't been tucked into bed by the night nurse yet! Hope you're all ready for some lazy attempt at generation "banter", before you run away with the win on Sunday. Just remember, this is our spoon season, you're just another L on our road to ignominy 😀

Hi Furies from Darling Harbour. At a conference and only one bloke has started a rousing chorus of snores which is what we should do when TDC starts going on about Neale and the Brownlow.

giphy.gif
Rookie my last conference, I went and napped in my car during the lunch break like a truly committed employee.

Love the stories of the Olden Days when we head to Brunswick Junction.

Last time I heard rumours about how the sim used to work on FORTRAN pulled by 3 mules and a Clydesdale. Apparently there was an old washboard involved also. Not sure if that part is true, but I can imagine a lot of kerosene was involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back