Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 9 - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys @ Underground Stadium [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

That joke applies to Essendon as well!:laughv1:
Reminds me of the guy who was walking along a Melbourne beach earlier this week, when he notices a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks it up and gives it a rub, and out pops an eternally grateful genie, who says to him, "Oh mate - you have no idea how good it is to be out of that thing after 1000 years. I'll give you one wish: anything you want."

The man thinks for a moment, and then says, "I want to live forever."

The genie instantly shakes his head, "I'm sorry, but I can't grant you eternal life."

The man thinks a bit longer, and then says, "I want to live until Essendon wins a final."

The genie says, "You sly bastard!!!"

That joke applies to Essendon as well!:laughv1:
thats-a-paddlin-with-text.jpg

It was just a meaningless T20 between Nepal and Mongolia, so who cares, right?
But the numbers are extraordinary:
  • Nepal smashed 3 for 314 off their 20 overs
  • A century off 34 balls
  • A 50 off 9 balls
  • 26 sixes in the innings
  • A winning margin of 273 runs
I suppose it is good more countries are playing cricket.

Reminds me of the guy who was walking along a Melbourne beach earlier this week, when he notices a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks it up and gives it a rub, and out pops an eternally grateful genie, who says to him, "Oh mate - you have no idea how good it is to be out of that thing after 1000 years. I'll give you one wish: anything you want."

The man thinks for a moment, and then says, "I want to live forever."

The genie instantly shakes his head, "I'm sorry, but I can't grant you eternal life."

The man thinks a bit longer, and then says, "I want to live until Essendon wins a final."

The genie says, "You sly bastard!!!"
You just turned the Redbacks joke into and Essendon joke :p
We will win a final before you get rid of Ken :p

You just turned the Redbacks joke into and Essendon joke :p
We will win a final before you get rid of Ken :p
The person I want gone most is David Koch - thanks to him, my club is now as much the real Port Adelaide, as you're a real Collingwood supporter, or T20 is real cricket :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just worked out that I'm retiring in 1086 days (18 Sep 26). Doesn't sound much when you say it quickly........
You know when you retire, its time to join the Old Boys...

1695947531877.png

Seems an appropriate time to post this:

A battalion of soldiers is deep inside a South African jungle. Suddenly they come to a crocodile-infested river, and the officer in charge calls for a volunteer to take a rope across the river, climb a tree and attach the rope to an overhead branch – thus enabling the rest of the men to safely make their way across. Naturally there’s several howls of protest, “I’m too young to die”, or “I have a wife and kids back home – they need me.”

Finally a young corporal says, “OK I’ll do it”, and strips down to his bare essentials, takes the rope and starts swimming across the river. To the astonishment of the onlookers, the crocodiles aren’t coming anywhere near him!!! He gets to the other side, climbs the nearest tree, and ties the rope to an overhead branch.

Once everyone is across safely, the young corporal is an instant hero – plenty of slaps on the back, and even the odd call for a bravery award. But the officer in charge is suspicious – he says, “You got body odour or something, soldier?”

The corporal smiles and says, “No sir, it’s like this – I’ve got COLLINGWOOD FOR AFL PREMIERS 2023 tattooed on my bum, and not even a crocodile would swallow that.”

Seems an appropriate time to post this:

A battalion of soldiers is deep inside a South African jungle. Suddenly they come to a crocodile-infested river, and the officer in charge calls for a volunteer to take a rope across the river, climb a tree and attach the rope to an overhead branch – thus enabling the rest of the men to safely make their way across. Naturally there’s several howls of protest, “I’m too young to die”, or “I have a wife and kids back home – they need me.”

Finally a young corporal says, “OK I’ll do it”, and strips down to his bare essentials, takes the rope and starts swimming across the river. To the astonishment of the onlookers, the crocodiles aren’t coming anywhere near him!!! He gets to the other side, climbs the nearest tree, and ties the rope to an overhead branch.

Once everyone is across safely, the young corporal is an instant hero – plenty of slaps on the back, and even the odd call for a bravery award. But the officer in charge is suspicious – he says, “You got body odour or something, soldier?”

The corporal smiles and says, “No sir, it’s like this – I’ve got COLLINGWOOD FOR AFL PREMIERS 2023 tattooed on my bum, and not even a crocodile would swallow that.”
They'll have the last and loudest laugh...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back