Women's Footy Season 7 - Pre-season - trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

How did the EF ruck go in the 1st half because she dominated the 2nd half. 51 hitouts and 3 goals in a losing team.

What’s bullshit about FreoW is when they delist players they love to spin it like a retirement or some bullish.it.

Trent Cooper should be worried about Matt Templeton’s appointment as Assistant coach for the upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both can be true at once.

If the standards for conditioning at FFC are set high then the examples of Stewart really not enjoying the process of getting to that level in order to play and Duffy not getting to that level at all could be responsible for both players leaving. One recognising that the sacrifice and hard work required makes the profession unenjoyable and one rejecting that standard to ride on talent.

Duffy is very talented and it may be harsh to say it but the AFLW is still a very unprofessional standard of athlete. The players put in serious effort and sacrifice but the teams are still stacked with a group of players who can't or won't get to that level - and they are able to contribute.

There will come a time when the AFLW is like the AFL in that carrying a player who can't run and chase, can't compete because they are overweight leads to that match up being exploited and costs the game.

If you give a coach the option of their team working harder than their opposition and winning that way or running their game plan through the very few high quality ball users they will take the hard work option - because the opposition coach will do the same specifically directed to those very few high quality ball users.

I like Duffy as a player, I'd play her in my team, but if she is on the opposition team I'm putting my running defender on her and for almost the entire game will have a spare player because of it and if Duffy wants to chase then the opposition lose Duffy in the late stages of the game as she blows up.

Am I supposed to walk into a team meeting, look at my midfielders and tell them they aren't working hard enough and aren't fit enough to keep up with the work rate of their opponents while they sit next to overweight and unfit team members who get a pass because they are talented?

Scanlon had a really good second half and third quarter in particular. Half back seems to be her preferred position, will be surprised if she didn't debut this season. Gave up a careless 50 metre penalty in the last which luckily did not cost Claremont the game.

Western who I never really rated was outstanding all game. Her disposal was really good and WC just need her to use her elite pace more often but she should slot into their side from game 1.

As has been alluded Stewart was easily a class above everyone else including the 8 or so players who have previously played in the AFLW. She didn't have a great season for Freo but gee I hope she's not lost to the AFLW.

Both can be true at once.

If the standards for conditioning at FFC are set high then the examples of Stewart really not enjoying the process of getting to that level in order to play and Duffy not getting to that level at all could be responsible for both players leaving. One recognising that the sacrifice and hard work required makes the profession unenjoyable and one rejecting that standard to ride on talent.

Duffy is very talented and it may be harsh to say it but the AFLW is still a very unprofessional standard of athlete. The players put in serious effort and sacrifice but the teams are still stacked with a group of players who can't or won't get to that level - and they are able to contribute.

There will come a time when the AFLW is like the AFL in that carrying a player who can't run and chase, can't compete because they are overweight leads to that match up being exploited and costs the game.

If you give a coach the option of their team working harder than their opposition and winning that way or running their game plan through the very few high quality ball users they will take the hard work option - because the opposition coach will do the same specifically directed to those very few high quality ball users.

I like Duffy as a player, I'd play her in my team, but if she is on the opposition team I'm putting my running defender on her and for almost the entire game will have a spare player because of it and if Duffy wants to chase then the opposition lose Duffy in the late stages of the game as she blows up.

Am I supposed to walk into a team meeting, look at my midfielders and tell them they aren't working hard enough and aren't fit enough to keep up with the work rate of their opponents while they sit next to overweight and unfit team members who get a pass because they are talented?
Gary Ablett Senior was lost from the Hawthorn because of his training standards.

Geelong got a generational player and the Hawks got multiple flags.

Sometimes is better to lose the battle than lose the war.

Looking at the fixture for the upcoming season I can't help but feel that the AFLW would have avoided giving us a game against West Coast if there wasn't an existing rivalry.

The teams we don't play were 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th
We play two expansion sides.

Compare that to West Coast, who absolutely need a softer draw, who don't play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 13th
With three expansion sides.

I appreciate that the AFLW is trying to keep the ladder bunched in the middle but this next season is going to be so compromised in regards to an even fixture. More so than usual.

We're ducked. I feel we've missed our window for now, sadly =(

Looking at the fixture for the upcoming season I can't help but feel that the AFLW would have avoided giving us a game against West Coast if there wasn't an existing rivalry.

The teams we don't play were 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th
We play two expansion sides.

Compare that to West Coast, who absolutely need a softer draw, who don't play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 13th
With three expansion sides.

I appreciate that the AFLW is trying to keep the ladder bunched in the middle but this next season is going to be so compromised in regards to an even fixture. More so than usual.
I think that the majority of the games we will win.

Should put us in the top 4.

Agree that the AFL care more about money than fairness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got us marked down for 3 losses and then another 2 could go either way

Going to be a tough season

Sucks that we've drawn brissy, crows AND dees

Not fair at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back