Women's Footy Season 7 - Pre-season - trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy talk imo. Kara's been truly cooked for a few years now. Why wouldn't she be getting the tap on the shoulder to retire and get into coaching is beyond me.

If she wasn’t married to Ebony she would’ve been delisted 3 years ago.

I’m trying to get on Freo’s list myself, just need to get Andy Brayshaw to marry me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we know what the compensation system will be from the AFLW now for players poached.

If you have enough quality taken from your side you get to keep your first round pick.
It'd be interesting to see if we're close to that threshold now, even given the couple of players we've lost.

I hope it's transparent. Houghton should be highly regarded enough to get close.
I'm not thinking we're going to get too much more transparency, but if they're calculating it based on "age, payment tier, career games and any awards they might have won":

Gemma
  • at 28 a prime age,
  • played 46 games - 53 is the record,
  • surely would be close to top tier payment wise
  • was AA in 2019
Steph
  • turns 26 in June, very prime
  • played 44 games
  • up there surely as far a payments go, because...
  • r/u in the 2021 F&B

There should be points aplenty.

Eagles losing Bowen and Niamh Kelly, two of their better players just like us

So they probably keep their first rounder too, would be great if they somehow don't and we end up with Roberts

Unless something extraordinary happens, I can't see the AFL taking the WC's 1st rounder off them. They've been too woeful.

• up there surely as far a payments go, because...

• surely would be close to top tier payment wise
Yeah, I wonder. Can't find it but I'm sure I read recently that up until now clubs could only have 2 players in the top tier. This story on the new CBA mentions that clubs have thus far had only up to 8 players in the top two tiers:

So both Houghton and Cain are probably second tier. Probably need to see a third at least semi-decent player go to make the threshold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I wonder. Can't find it but I'm sure I read recently that up until now clubs could only have 2 players in the top tier. This story on the new CBA mentions that clubs have thus far had only up to 8 players in the top two tiers:

So both Houghton and Cain are probably second tier. Probably need to see a third at least semi-decent player go to make the threshold.
I didn't see them specify it to definitively be the "top tier". They just have payment tier as one of the criteria.

I didn't see them specify it to definitively be the "top tier". They just have payment tier as one of the criteria.
Yeah, just pessimistically reading "a club can reach that 28-point threshold by only losing a couple of highly rated players" to mean 2 players hitting top in each category. Doubt there'll be much in the way of transparency for us.

I've watched every game we've ever played... She can barely run at all man. With ball in hand she's still alright, but that's it.
The footy she played at the back half of the year was the best she’d played in a seriously long time, I’d be happy giving her another year on the back of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back