Season defining five round block

Where will the Crows sit after these five games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This season defining block looks like showing us where we are exactly as a team and that's a bottom 6 side. we are going to very lucky to win 1 of the games out of the 5. That pies loss has well and truly cooked us.
The signs were there during the Hawks game. We were very lucky not to lose that.

Refusing to rotate fresh players through and giving Sloane most of Rachele's midfield minutes are both stupid decisions by the coaches.

Still, the next two games are very winnable. The Bulldogs in particular have not impressed me at all this year.

The signs were there during the Hawks game. We were very lucky not to lose that.

Refusing to rotate fresh players through and giving Sloane most of Rachele's midfield minutes are both stupid decisions by the coaches.

Still, the next two games are very winnable. The Bulldogs in particular have not impressed me at all this year.

Giving Sloane Rachele midfield minutes is rotating fresher players. Nicks quite rightly didn’t want to throw a Hateley/Brown into the mix at Geelong so not a lot of other options

Could have rested Rachele and played ? Newchurch? Probably not

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Quite a few of us suggested resting Walker against Hawthorn.

Rest Walker there, rest Fog for the game after and Tex comes back in. Gollant plays both.

Freshen them both up.

When we limped over the line against the Hawks and Tex was crucial some posters were See? And you guys wanted to rest him

What has that win cost us though? Walker and Fogarty's returns now diminishing and at 4-4 we're not likely to be able to rest anyone given the season is on the line every week.

How would Thilthorpe (for instance) have gone as more of a focal point the weeks that Walker/Fogarty rested given that as 3rd in the queue he's been quiet?

We talk up our depth but we don't trust it.

Giving Sloane Rachele midfield minutes is rotating fresher players.
Sloane has been best when he's come into the middle for the last quarter or so of games, when others are tiring and he's relatively fresh.

Under pressure we've seen more midfield time for Sloane, Keays and now Crouch.

A really timid, disappointing but alas predictable response from our risk averse coaches.

I think we'll bottle it again. How do you think it will go?
I reckon there's a bit more resolve there now

I think we'll win. Not comfortably but I'd say Crows by 16 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have us as slightly above par from where I expected.

Raw wins and losses and also played every game in a manner where we could have won.

Next two will put us to proof

Historically we've been awful at country grounds.
well u won in tassie this year and beat WB at Ballarat last year.

So 2 in a row.

40 points up in Tassie the year before then that weird sub thing with Lynch.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood: lost by 1
Geelong: lost by 26
St Kilda: won by 52
Western Bulldogs: ?
Brisbane: ?

So it's 1 - 2. I'm surprised by the manner in which we lost to Collingwood (was expecting a bigger loss) and in which we beat the Saints (was hoping for a small win at best). But I'm not surprised by the win-loss ledger. The next two games are harder to tip. We beat the Bulldogs at that ground last year, but I fear we'll regress to the mean and continue losing at small grounds. Brisbane are looking like a very dangerous, more complete side, yet they can be God-awful at Adelaide Oval.

Pretty simple: if we lose both, we'll battle to make the eight. If we win one, we're looking at making it. Win both and I'll be fairly confident we will make it.

I'm tipping that we beat the Bulldogs but lose to the Lions.

Collingwood: lost by 1
Geelong: lost by 26
St Kilda: won by 52
Western Bulldogs: ?
Brisbane: ?

So it's 1 - 2. I'm surprised by the manner in which we lost to Collingwood (was expecting a bigger loss) and in which we beat the Saints (was hoping for a small win at best). But I'm not surprised by the win-loss ledger. The next two games are harder to tip. We beat the Bulldogs at that ground last year, but I fear we'll regress to the mean and continue losing at small grounds. Brisbane are looking like a very dangerous, more complete side, yet they can be God-awful at Adelaide Oval.

Pretty simple: if we lose both, we'll battle to make the eight. If we win one, we're looking at making it. Win both and I'll be fairly confident we will make it.

I'm tipping that we beat the Bulldogs but lose to the Lions.

If were to win the next two, which is highly unlikely, then even top 4 becomes a very remote possibility given we would only play of the top 8 sides only Collingwood, Melbourne (both away) and Port (our home game).

We are definitely in the mix for top 8 based on the current form line.

Need to win next week to be in the race for finals IMO

It’s possible given Brissy seem to be crap at AO recently, but we better show 100x more than we did today

Need to win next week to be in the race for finals IMO

It’s possible given Brissy seem to be crap at AO recently, but we better show 100x more than we did today
I think the Lions will come to play this week, the top two spot is going to be crucial for them.

Back