Season is still alive the last time I checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers are gone.
Port's draw in the next three weeks is similar to ours with a likely win, a 50-50 game & a likely loss.
We will be alive until Port play North at home on the Saturday night of round 22.

Port knocked out North from top 4 last season, lets hope North can repay the favour and knock Port out of the finals...

Beat the Saints and you're most definitely still in it. The momentum and psychological edge you'd gain from that result could propel you to win the next 3 as well.
I’d be watching with a lot of interest that’s for sure. Having you make the finals could help us exorcise some demons.

Beat the Saints and you're most definitely still in it. The momentum and psychological edge you'd gain from that result could propel you to win the next 3 as well.
I’d be watching with a lot of interest that’s for sure. Having you make the finals could help us exorcise some demons.

What so beating us twice this season isnt enough to exorcise your demons...

Hmmm nothing can really fill the void of a GF that slipped through our fingers but eliminating you in a final would go some way in soothing some of the residual dissapointment. Regular season games don't quite have the same weight of importance so in answer to your question, not it isn't enough.

2009 - Well...yes still alive mathematically but when we start talking like this we need to prepare ourselves emotionally for the worst. I have done that at it has been liberating to say the least. The hope is that we beat Essendon and the saints to give some end of season confidence and good cheer.

A cogent review of the year (nowhere near as dreadful as 2004 and no-one should even dare to compare) helps put so much into perspective.

• Youngest playing list in competition
    • 5 debutants
    • Valuable game time to 2nd year players
    • Injury plagued team for most of the season
    • Box Hill Success
    • No CHB for entire year
    • Makeshift back six

In many respects just touching the surface yet despite all this we are one game outside the 8 with four rounds to go.

One thinks that it would be harder to explain 2008 than 2009

Forward 6 months - Feb 2010

HUNGRY YOUNG PLAYERS THAT RUN DEEP INTO OUR 42.

Make no mistake, this club is going forward. That 2nd premiership will come and when it does it will taste sweeter than 2008. Why? Because that exceptional element that courses through veins of youth will prosper and thrive on the memory of what could have been.

We are building on the back of success and short term pain in my opinion is going to lead to short and long term gain.;)

Hmmm nothing can really fill the void of a GF that slipped through our fingers but eliminating you in a final would go some way in soothing some of the residual dissapointment. Regular season games don't quite have the same weight of importance so in answer to your question, not it isn't enough.

Good then atleast the season hasnt been a total waste then...:D

yep and I dont know why people get so upset after lose's I mean its ok to be angry for an hour but fools who drag it on wanting to delist and trade player's are kidding themself's

you would think hawks supporters would understand after going through 2004-2006

Essendon about to lose to west coast.

And lets face it did we ever have a chance playing at AAMI?

We could vs demons and still lose at AMMI dredful record there I think we have won 1 game in 15 years there.

which is weird considering al clarko should know that ground like the back of his hand.

any way last 4 games are....

st kilda - im very confident call me stupid But bookmark this a win.
adelaide- this is the danger game if we lose then we should concede
richmond-should be a win but we play dreadfull against them sometimes
essendon- the decider game '

port will fall away as usuall.

Im staying confident and so should you guys
Regardless of your other predictions we had every chance today at AAmi but blew it with pitiful kicking for goal.

Regardless of your other predictions we had every chance today at AAmi but blew it with pitiful kicking for goal.

yep today we blew it but our dredfull record there says we were no chance

and we didnt give ourselfs one by the way we played:thumbsu:

Essendon are gone and Port will win 2 more;
so if we lose to the saints and win the last 3 we can still make it
there is still hope;
why cant we all stay positive and stop calling for heads to roll???
GO hawks! keep the faith!

Nah, it's time to shut up shop and prepare for next year.

We need to work out what to do about the following players, who are not AFL standard.

Stokes
Taylor
Murphy
Renouf
Dowler

Add to these, the following players who are not currently AFL standard but who are young and have shown signs they will be in the future:

Shiels
Shoenmakers
Whitecross

That's 8 players not currently up to it. You can afford to carry maybe 3 or 4 of these types of players and be a good team.
Mate, top comment - I have just joined this forum and cannot believe I have found someone who has completely read my mind and agrees.

All year I have exerted too much ****ing energy ringing up SEN, Triple M etc after matches and blowing my gaskets about the 5 EXACT players you mentioned; it seems my arguments keep falling on deaf ears.

Murphy - is the prime culprit DIRECTLY for at least 4 losses this year. Whilst many of our players have been out of form for the better part of the year, Murphy has continually been SMASHED week in, week out. And it's not just by big guys like Tredrea and Hall who butchered him earlier this year; he has been ripped by everybody he plays on, including mid-sized and smaller players. He has been thrown around in marking comps by small guys like Medhurst and LeCras, and has leaked so many ****ing goals this year not only through his complete lack of strength but by his lack of balls - I have never seen any player mae such pathetic, weak attempts to spoil, he is completely gutless.

Apart from getting smashed each week, he has leaked so many goals in pivotal stages of games, particularly in last quarters that have totally deflated us. Look back at the West Coast game, or even today where he totally s**t himself twice in the space of a minute which resulted in a Port goal in the 3rd that blew the margin out.

I cannot believe the coaching staff have persisted with him week in week out; the guy is a total joke and a disgrace to the guernsey not because he is so piss weak but because he has no ****ing heart and no fight in him.

Commentators finally began to pick this up against the magpies, when they commented on how Murphy goes to ground way too easily everytime. Wake up Hawthorn coaching staff, the guy is a ****ing weak prick who cannot even beat guys smaller than him. Drop him.

Dowler - another joke whose turnovers have cost us this years at crucial stages in games, and I agree that he is not AFL standard - we could get something for him, so lets trade him. We would have been better off playing him down back this year nstead of Murphy, atleast Dowler has a bit of strength and a bit more heart, he would have atleast provided contests unlike Murphy who sleeps with the ****ing light on.

Stokes - As soon as I saw he had been picked today, I knew we were ****ed, because you cannot win with 17 players on the field. The guy does not touch the footy all game, and every one of his few disposals results in a turnover. He is the biggest dud, and if this isnt his last game for the club I will ****ing explode. He should be cut, no club in their right mind would look at him. I can't believe how bad he is.

Renouf - Jury is still out, but has shown enough to get some more opportunities. Might be ok in time. Regardless, he is ten times better then Simon Taylor, who is the worst footballer I have ever seen play the game. Period.

Taylor - Not a footballer, just a tall, unco man running around on an oval. Has no idea, turns the ball over every ****en time, and is simply hopeless. Delist him for ****s sake Hawthorn; he has made a mockery of the guernsey.

Shiels, Shoe & Whitecross - all look to be the goods.

Mate, top comment - I have just joined this forum and cannot believe I have found someone who has completely read my mind and agrees.

All year I have exerted too much ****ing energy ringing up SEN, Triple M etc after matches and blowing my gaskets about the 5 EXACT players you mentioned; it seems my arguments keep falling on deaf ears.

Murphy - is the prime culprit DIRECTLY for at least 4 losses this year. Whilst many of our players have been out of form for the better part of the year, Murphy has continually been SMASHED week in, week out. And it's not just by big guys like Tredrea and Hall who butchered him earlier this year; he has been ripped by everybody he plays on, including mid-sized and smaller players. He has been thrown around in marking comps by small guys like Medhurst and LeCras, and has leaked so many ****ing goals this year not only through his complete lack of strength but by his lack of balls - I have never seen any player mae such pathetic, weak attempts to spoil, he is completely gutless.

Apart from getting smashed each week, he has leaked so many goals in pivotal stages of games, particularly in last quarters that have totally deflated us. Look back at the West Coast game, or even today where he totally s**t himself twice in the space of a minute which resulted in a Port goal in the 3rd that blew the margin out.

I cannot believe the coaching staff have persisted with him week in week out; the guy is a total joke and a disgrace to the guernsey not because he is so piss weak but because he has no ****ing heart and no fight in him.

Commentators finally began to pick this up against the magpies, when they commented on how Murphy goes to ground way too easily everytime. Wake up Hawthorn coaching staff, the guy is a ****ing weak prick who cannot even beat guys smaller than him. Drop him.

Dowler - another joke whose turnovers have cost us this years at crucial stages in games, and I agree that he is not AFL standard - we could get something for him, so lets trade him. We would have been better off playing him down back this year nstead of Murphy, atleast Dowler has a bit of strength and a bit more heart, he would have atleast provided contests unlike Murphy who sleeps with the ****ing light on.

Stokes - As soon as I saw he had been picked today, I knew we were ****ed, because you cannot win with 17 players on the field. The guy does not touch the footy all game, and every one of his few disposals results in a turnover. He is the biggest dud, and if this isnt his last game for the club I will ****ing explode. He should be cut, no club in their right mind would look at him. I can't believe how bad he is.

Renouf - Jury is still out, but has shown enough to get some more opportunities. Might be ok in time. Regardless, he is ten times better then Simon Taylor, who is the worst footballer I have ever seen play the game. Period.

Taylor - Not a footballer, just a tall, unco man running around on an oval. Has no idea, turns the ball over every ****en time, and is simply hopeless. Delist him for ****s sake Hawthorn; he has made a mockery of the guernsey.

Why are you posting you negative crap in this thread go hang with the other grumps if you want to hang your head

but I wont, I cant really when I see the talent we have running out enjoying there footy when the hawks boys are up its the highlight of my week

and when they have a crap season we cant just turn on them

where was all the critisizm when we won 17 games last year??

where was the tom murphy is a hack threads

where were the trade jordan lewis threads? or the simon taylor is a hack thread?

I know plenty on here hate supporters eating their own but these comments are so spot on that I'm sure this bloke is reading my mind. I pay good money to support this club and Murphy,Taylor and Stokes in particular just show that even with the so called best recruiters around pitiful players still make AFL list and worse get a game and it's my money paying them. I watch so many talented juniors week in week out who just don't get a look in because they cant run a 10.5 100m and a 2hr 30 marathon and now Canadian rugby players are getting a game. What the hell are we doing. Get in some kids who go 110% and can get it and kick it . They're around ,you just have to look harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which of the youngsters being hung out to d=ry here becomes the next Zac Dawson ?

Honestly, Dowler will make it.

On topic. Saturday is our grand final - if it was at the G I'd make sure I was there

First time poster,

I've got to agree re Stokes, I couldn't believe it when he ran out. He has gone backwards this year!! What has happened to Muston, surley if he is fit he is a far better option than Stokes even on a development level.

Essendon about to lose to west coast.

And lets face it did we ever have a chance playing at AAMI?

We could vs demons and still lose at AMMI dredful record there I think we have won 1 game in 15 years there.

which is weird considering al clarko should know that ground like the back of his hand.

any way last 4 games are....

st kilda - im very confident call me stupid But bookmark this a win.
adelaide- this is the danger game if we lose then we should concede
richmond-should be a win but we play dreadfull against them sometimes
essendon- the decider game '

port will fall away as usuall.

Im staying confident and so should you guys

We may win but that is a ridiculous statement.

Unfortunately I feel the 4Q collapse against the Cats was the knock out punch for our season. I'd be suprised if we could beat Saints and/or the Crows to be honest.

TBH We dont deserve to be playing finals, i hope do make it but unfortunately we really dont deserve to be in it...

Deserve is relative. Do you deserve it less than Carlton or Essendon or Port?

I think if you get into the finals you have a better chance of not just making up the numbers and nobody above you would want to draw you in a final. I think the other sides hoping to stumble into the 8 will be bundled out week one.

Hawks have just been unsettled by injuries and I thought you were starting to get back some form a few weeks ago. If you can hang in there and resolve some of the issues in the next month then you have the potential to do the most damage of any side below the top 4 and the top 4 will want to see you not make it for that reason.

Where to start with this sort of crap post?

There are still many of us who go to every game and cheer FOR the team.

I hear a few of our "supporters" at each game who say things like you do - why are you so obsessed with eating our own?

You must hate going, why do it?

I fall into Fear0411's "delusional" Hawk supporters who follow this team and want it to succeed, and get behind every player wearing brown & gold.

Listen pal -

I'm a long time member and a staunch supporter of this club who does not miss a Melbourne game each year.

What is this obession of supporters like yourself turning a blind eye to what is actually going on?

I have simply stated (altough admittedly i was a little on edge) the facts that every Hawks supporter is aware of, and most agree with.

Let's be realistic instead of conveying these homosexual notions of fantasy & happiness as if everything is just peachy... the players I mentioned ARE SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This is not a personal attack - I'm sure the likes of Murphy, Taylor, Stokes etc are nice enough blokes... they are just not good enough footballers.

Your misguided sentiment has clouded your judgement. Don't piss in any genuine diehard Hawks supporter's pocket and tell them it's raining. The brown and gold deserves of
1980's ilk... and if we don't have those right now, the very least the club deserves is blood and guts, not pussies.

Be honest with yourself if you can't be with us. We have some complete duds on our list, just like every other club does, the only difference being that our duds may have let us down as the top side. It's one thing to get to the top, but another completely to stay there.

Call it like it is, and don't ignore the obvious. People like you who can't make the tough decisions in life are the sheep that the sheperds herd.

Where to start with this sort of crap post?

There are still many of us who go to every game and cheer FOR the team.

I hear a few of our "supporters" at each game who say things like you do - why are you so obsessed with eating our own?

You must hate going, why do it?

I fall into Fear0411's "delusional" Hawk supporters who follow this team and want it to succeed, and get behind every player wearing brown & gold.

Listen pal -

I'm a long time member and a staunch supporter of this club who does not miss a Melbourne game each year.

What is this obession of supporters like yourself turning a blind eye to what is actually going on?

I have simply stated (altough admittedly i was a little on edge) the facts that every Hawks supporter is aware of, and most agree with.

Let's be realistic instead of conveying these homosexual notions of fantasy & happiness as if everything is just peachy... the players I mentioned ARE SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This is not a personal attack - I'm sure the likes of Murphy, Taylor, Stokes etc are nice enough blokes... they are just not good enough footballers.

Your misguided sentiment has clouded your judgement. Don't piss in any genuine diehard Hawks supporter's pocket and tell them it's raining. The brown and gold deserves of
1980's ilk... and if we don't have those right now, the very least the club deserves is blood and guts, not pussies.

Be honest with yourself if you can't be with us. We have some complete duds on our list, just like every other club does, the only difference being that our duds may have let us down as the top side. It's one thing to get to the top, but another completely to stay there.

Call it like it is, and don't ignore the obvious. People like you who can't make the tough decisions in life are the sheep that the sheperds herd.

Why are you posting you negative crap in this thread go hang with the other grumps if you want to hang your head

but I wont, I cant really when I see the talent we have running out enjoying there footy when the hawks boys are up its the highlight of my week

and when they have a crap season we cant just turn on them

where was all the critisizm when we won 17 games last year??

where was the tom murphy is a hack threads

where were the trade jordan lewis threads? or the simon taylor is a hack thread?
Listen pal -

We would be so much better off if the likes of Tuck, Kennedy, and Morton had played more games than Stokes, Murphy & Taylor. I understand our ruck stocks are stretched, but we'd still be better off.

P.S. - I was hammering Murphy last year aswell. Duds are easy to spot from the outset.
P.P.S. - Who said anything about Lewis? I didn't.

Listen pal -

lol

I would hate to go to the army or mountain climing with you

would you turn around and say your not good enough to shoot a gun lets leave you and you can die

or

you broke your leg so you cant climb this mountain lets leave you behind

no mate you stick togeather with your team and everyone in it

"1 for all and all for one" ring a bell?

P.S. - I was hammering Murphy last year aswell. Duds are easy to spot from the outset.
P.P.S. - Who said anything about Lewis? I didn't.

So what did you think of Dawson before we let him go...?:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back