Game Day Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McStay's last 7 games

0-0-0-0-2 (vs GC)-0-0
He is very very very lucky to be playing. Walker would be a better option, but we have to hope (once again) that McStay can hold his marks and impact on the scoreboard. He owes it to Fagan to vindicate the faith shown in him.

He is very very very lucky to be playing. Walker would be a better option, but we have to hope (once again) that McStay can hold his marks and impact on the scoreboard. He owes it to Fagan to vindicate the faith shown in him.
A better option up forward? I very much doubt it. McStay has shown great physical commitment to the contest the last few weeks in a way Walker never could and never has. At his best Walker has been a very good intercept marking defender. But he has many more poor games than good ones and doesn't impact the contest the way McStay does. If a defender goes down then he's potentially next in line but until then not.

A better option up forward? I very much doubt it. McStay has shown great physical commitment to the contest the last few weeks in a way Walker never could and never has. At his best Walker has been a very good intercept marking defender. But he has many more poor games than good ones and doesn't impact the contest the way McStay does. If a defender goes down then he's potentially next in line but until then not.

Just ignore him. I’ve posted somewhere before that Walker has kicked about 7 goals in his last 15 games as a forward. There aren’t any other options worth risking at this stage of the season.

Equally excited and nervous about tonight. For those who'll be at the ground, cheer them loudly for me!

First final in 10 years and, sadly, I'll be relying on score updates and watching it on delay. 😢 I mean, I love my wife and I'm glad we're celebrating a noteworthy anniversary, but geez it's an inconvenient time of year to have gotten married!!

Travelled from Perth with my wife and 2 eldest boys (they will be part of the #uncaged squad tonight) for the game. Did an early scout of the German Club and hunted down Essendon uncles - am I doing this right?

Go Lions

If you didn't take the hovercraft option to get to the ground you've missed out on one of the great Brisvegas scenic routes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dust storm to hit Brisbane.
1st part of the storm is here now and a thicker layer to come late afternoon.
Thick layer will clear up later in the night.

Hope the air pollution means the Tigers stay cooped up in their hotel all day in the air con. You don't acclimatise to heat with the air con running all day!

Imperative we make a good start. We can't afford to be chasing a 4 goal lead all night the Tigers are to professional and will just sit back and defend and pick us off on the counter. If we can get jump on them and force them out of their comfort zone we have won half the battle.

Our tall forwards need to contribute at least 5/6 goals tonight. Hard to imagine us kicking a winning score with no contributions from them. Charlie will have his work cut out with the octopus Grimes. McCarthy also needs to lift after some quiet games.

Here's hoping tonight is the night Rayner breaks the leash and shows the country why he went number one.

Yeah, I don't feel like we will recover if we fall behind by 4-5 goals in the first quarter. Need to start the game breathing fire. I don't think we have still played a 4 quarter performance this year, apart from the GWS game. We have won many games by just blitzing 1-2 quarters and maintaining composure. Tonight is the night!

Fagan played him at CHF when Hipwood was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back