Coach Seeing as some of us are ungrateful keyboard warriors with amnesia...

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the deal with Ken actually admitting that if we don't play any finals this year that is a failure? I am so confused with this sudden honesty. I am not familiar with Ken ever putting any of his own work under scrutiny of any sort. Has he been foxing and suddenly going to bring out an amazing gameplan that will see us undefeated for the rest of the year?

TBF it is probably not difficult to confuse me as i am just some ungrateful keyboard warrior with a bad memory.

This may or may not be the right thread for this but I just spoke to the membership department re a mix up on my final payment, and was told by the young bloke I spoke to that all messages and emails regardless of content were always passed to the board.

I politely made my thoughts known re the coach, the game plan and the co-captains fiasco, and told him that unless there were changes I would either not renew ( albeit reluctantly), or significantly reduce my financial commitment to the club.

Surprisingly, and with absolutely zero input from me he mentioned this site, but then reiterated the need for messages and emails, again stating they were always passed to the board, so keep the pressure up folks!
Does this mean its time to make some Stinkley memes ala George? Hmm

What's the deal with Ken actually admitting that if we don't play any finals this year that is a failure? I am so confused with this sudden honesty. I am not familiar with Ken ever putting any of his own work under scrutiny of any sort. .....
Hinkley said it will be a failure and he's going to have a no holds barred enquiry to find out which players and/or assistant coaches are responsible and see that they are not at the club next season.

Unlike Kenny those people are just at the club for the bloody joke,for the social life, for the prestige. They're not there to win.

After the "Beware the sleeping giant" email I'm predicting the last 2 home game emails to look like this.

vs Sydney
"Cheer Cheer the teal, black and white!"

vs Freo
"Give Freo the heave ho!"

What's the deal with Ken actually admitting that if we don't play any finals this year that is a failure? I am so confused with this sudden honesty. I am not familiar with Ken ever putting any of his own work under scrutiny of any sort. Has he been foxing and suddenly going to bring out an amazing gameplan that will see us undefeated for the rest of the year?

TBF it is probably not difficult to confuse me as i am just some ungrateful keyboard warrior with a bad memory.

It's bizarre, but I have 2 theories.

1) Attendances are down the toilet and he's been told to sell that we're still giving it all we've got

2) He's going to pick the oldest side possible and ignore any development and he wants to be able to say "well the season was still on the line so we had to give it our best"

After the "Beware the sleeping giant" email I'm predicting the last 2 home game emails to look like this.

vs Sydney
"Cheer Cheer the teal, black and white!"

vs Freo
"Give Freo the heave ho!"
Ah crap they already thought of something similar before me lol
Still highlights how goddamn lazy and predictable our marketing is. Whoever thought promoting our opposition by coming up with pissweak slogans based on their brand is a moron.

... when do you think we can expect the incumbent to reap the unprecedented benefits of:

• Adelaide Oval with its 36000-40000 average attendees + 55000-60000 members;

• A football department that runs 40 deep;

• A Melbourne-based office stocked with a List Manager plus 6 scouts/recruiters/analysts;

• A fully-fledged fitness and conditioning department enjoying all manner of cutting edge gadgets and trinketry within the Allan Scott HQ and adjoining Mark Williams Facility;

• A crop of home-grown players who are some of the best to ever walk through the doors, supplemented by high-profile, highly-paid recruits and a gaggle of first round picks attained via an aggressive trading policy;

• The Magpies fully-integrated under club control with all the benefits that brings for development, cohesion and instruction.

Answers need not reference disingenuous counterfactuals involving merging with the Davenport Boxers or that time the triumvirate emerged from the clouds on a flying carpet to save us out of the goodness of their hearts.

And... go:
When any or all of those put you at a significant competitive advantage to the rest of the competition...which they don’t. IMHO that was catch-up (which consistent mid-table finishes would corroborate)...now you (and every other club inc. the Crows) need to find a way to stand apart from the comp.

When any or all of those put you at a significant competitive advantage to the rest of the competition...which they don’t. IMHO that was catch-up (which consistent mid-table finishes would corroborate)...now you (and every other club inc. the Crows) need to find a way to stand apart from the comp.

This is absolutely fair.

IMO we neither have a competitive advantage nor a competitive disadvantage as compared to the rest of the competition from an off field and structural perspective. We are smack bang middle of the road. The fact that our ladder position over a long period of time perfectly reflects this shows that we have a middle of the road coach who will never be capable of producing anything more than middle of the road results. And for that, he should be fired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back