Preview SEMI FINAL FACE-OFF - The Pride of SA vs Sydeney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

2128s4x.png

There is going to be serious heat early, we need to weather the storm.

The pressure is all on them to not go out in straight sets.
They will be looking to make a fast start and get early goals for a decent lead at quarter time, we need to make sure this doesn't happen.
If we can stay in touch and match them early, which I think we can, they may just fold if things don't go their way. Home crowd and things not quite happening can lead to mistakes/turnovers and additional pressure.

We just need to be ferocious, continued pressure acts and plant that seed of doubt in their minds that we are not getting pushed around. If we can get in front and maintain some sort of lead I think they will collapse in the last.

Midfield needs to break even and then I'm confident we will give our forwards more than enough scoring opportunities to win the game.

They are wounded. We can win this.

They will be looking to make a fast start and get early goals for a decent lead at quarter time, we need to make sure this doesn't happen.
If we can stay in touch and match them early, which I think we can, they may just fold if things don't go their way. Home crowd and things not quite happening can lead to mistakes/turnovers and additional pressure.

We just need to be ferocious, continued pressure acts and plant that seed of doubt in their minds that we are not getting pushed around. If we can get in front and maintain some sort of lead I think they will collapse in the last.

Midfield needs to break even and then I'm confident we will give our forwards more than enough scoring opportunities to win the game.

If somehow Buddy is goalless at QT and or misses a few easy set shots, signs will be great for us.

The worst case scenario is a Buddy goal inside the first 5 minutes to build his likely shattered confidence from last week.

I'm confident he will kick a goal inside the first two minutes. It's Adelaide, these things happens to us only.

Despite Tippet, COLA, Sydney are a team I can't really bring myself to hate.

I have respect for their culture and the way they go about their football and they way they keep producing.

If we lose, they are probably the team I want to win the whole thing.

I agree. The mental factor, fitness and scoreboard pressure will be the keys to this game in my opinion.

If they manage to stifle our attack in the SCG's confines, we'll have a really hard time. What I mean by that is: if we trail by 3 goals or more at half time, we're done. Conversely, if we are out to a 3-goal lead at half time, Sydney won't have the firepower to outscore us. They will have to rely on shutting us down and bombing it to Franklin and Heeney. They won't have the extra dimension of Tippett up forward. Therefore, a critical task for this game is shutting down Buddy and Heeney.

I have respect for their culture and the way they go about their football and they way they keep producing.

That respect is mutual from most Swans fans (both clubs have their fruit loop fans..). I've enjoyed watching the Crows this year and would feel much more confident if we were playing Geelong or Hawthorn this week, that says something! If we can't win the flag I'll be on the Crows bandwagon.

Still prefer GWS. for every true AFL fan they all know it was handed to them on a silver platter. It wouldn't count.

I want Sydney to hurt for getting Buddy and being without a flag. One flag with Buddy and they can easily justify their 10 year deal for him.

If somehow Buddy is goalless at QT and or misses a few easy set shots, signs will be great for us.

The worst case scenario is a Buddy goal inside the first 5 minutes to build his likely shattered confidence from last week.

I'm confident he will kick a goal inside the first two minutes. It's Adelaide, these things happens to us only.

Buddy looked completely out of sorts last week. If we maintain pressure on him and stop him kicking early goals he will get frustrated and lose focus. He will be looking to get his confidence up early, we need to stop this.
Our first 10 minutes will set the tone if we are on or not.

The longer we can frustrate them the better our chances of winning the game become.

Pressure, physicality and more pressure at the contest.

I agree. The mental factor, fitness and scoreboard pressure will be the keys to this game in my opinion.

If they manage to stifle our attack in the SCG's confines, we'll have a really hard time. What I mean by that is: if we trail by 3 goals or more at half time, we're done. Conversely, if we are out to a 3-goal lead at half time, Sydney won't have the firepower to outscore us. They will have to rely on shutting us down and bombing it to Franklin and Heeney. They won't have the extra dimension of Tippett up forward. Therefore, a critical task for this game is shutting down Buddy and Heeney.

3 goals at HT would be massive for a 50:50 game.

I still believe Kennedy is not even 80% right for this game. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still prefer GWS. for every true AFL fan they all know it was handed to them on a silver platter. It wouldn't count.

I want Sydney to hurt for getting Buddy and being without a flag. One flag with Buddy and they can easily justify their 10 year deal for him.
COLA is being dismantled, the academies are still there, but I'd much, much, much rather see a Swans flag this year than Geelong or GWS. Please God.

Buddy looked completely out of sorts last week. If we maintain pressure on him and stop him kicking early goals he will get frustrated and lose focus. He will be looking to get his confidence up early, we need to stop this.
Our first 10 minutes will set the tone if we are on or not.

The longer we can frustrate them the better our chances of winning the game become.

Pressure, physicality and more pressure at the contest.

Agree. In fact it's better to double tag him and let others score then to let him have any confidence.

He looked mentally shot during the game and it showed the way he played.

I can see Lever stepping into the middle to prevent Buddy with that lead up mark chance.

COLA is being dismantled, the academies are still there, but I'd much, much, much rather see a Swans flag this year than Geelong or GWS. Please God.

Geelong is our worst nightmare.

Couldn't handle seeing that campaigner all summer justifying his decision to follow his wife.

TO WIN WE NEED TO KICK STRAIGHT! THAT IS ALL!

Betts takes all our shots from anywhere inside 30m, Tex launches all bombs from outside 50m.

FFS I wish Tex would take more shots from 50m out, I get stunned every time he looks to pass off.

I can't think of a better script than to beat Sydney by a handful, then to go to the MCG and belt Dangerfield before rolling the Hawks in the Grand Final. Unthinkable.

Sydney by 28 points.

Betts takes all our shots from anywhere inside 30m, Tex launches all bombs from outside 50m.

FFS I wish Tex would take more shots from 50m out, I get stunned every time he looks to pass off.

It's got to be a confidence thing. once upon a time if he got a mark between 50-60 meters he'd back himself in... but it seems to be happening less and less.

Do you know who?

Seriously cannot remember.
Think back to last year.

The other would have maybe been Melbourne? 2002? Which should have been at home anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back