Banter Sensitive audio file from St Kilda coaches box downloaded to league database

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to ask, why they recording this stuff for anyway? It's just asking for trouble.

Never record anything, that you don't want everybody else to hear.

Quality & compliance.

AFL is an entity so to ensure that all clubs which by extension are licensed by them are following procedures and adhering and doing things they need to do, here's video presentation of event so everyone and everything is above board. Just like legal instances, specific things then get redacted "my club is doing A everyone else is doing B, these two things all end up at C, no one needs to know who is doing A" type things. So you then can have no audio or have audio and no video to state "yes these people were in this room at this time and no none of them had a bookies app open."

AFLPA then want to know that the event is safe and everything is above board much like a union would for obvious reasons that are obvious. So, as a sanctioned match even though practice against a licensed entity at a licensed venue, here's video of it to prove everything was above board and everyone was happy.

Last thing you want for example, is to have that match, get bent over by broadcast sponsor of "we need this vision" give me $4.7m and I'll do it, otherwise GTFO sort of response to just basic compliance things. You think the commission will blankly sign cheques to clubs then?

It’s been about 24 hours now and I’ve decided, I really don’t give a s**t. It’s not like an Essendon doping scandal, it’s not like a young player has gone out drink driving or taken drugs, there’s no Wayne Carey esque rooting business going on. Some audio in the coaches box of a practice match got leaked. If there’s an issue it’s more to do with the fact there was a technical balls up, not the actual details and specifics. Bit of a meh story really. A 3/10 maybe for journos, not much meat on the bones, it’ll be forgotten after round 1 with some real stuff to talk about.

It’s been about 24 hours now and I’ve decided, I really don’t give a s**t. It’s not like an Essendon doping scandal, it’s not like a young player has gone out drink driving or taken drugs, there’s no Wayne Carey esque rooting business going on. Some audio in the coaches box of a practice match got leaked. If there’s an issue it’s more to do with the fact there was a technical balls up, not the actual details and specifics. Bit of a meh story really. A 3/10 maybe for journos, not much meat on the bones, it’ll be forgotten after round 1 with some real stuff to talk about.
See, this is where you are sadly mistaken my friend. I will remember this moment forever.

Then again we purposely uploaded a game plan to make others think it's our game plan, when it's not really our game plan. We then tell the players it's not really our game plan and to remember the real game plan for round one. That's if we don't change it before then.

Dougal just said WTF. "Do I still take the kick ins or not?"

I'm surprised it took 24 hours to come to that conclusion

I had to read it a few times to try and find what I was missing.

Obviously the media are a little hard up for stories while they wait for the real stuff to start.

Doubt it would have had any legs 2 weeks from now. A real nothing story.

Glad they weren't recording what Ross was saying in the dugout today.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't wait for the full reporting from open training, complete with audio, visual and interviews. We'll be moving up the world and other clubs will be totally jealous about how we're the ones to get a leg up on media funding ventures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back