Banter Sensitive audio file from St Kilda coaches box downloaded to league database

Remove this Banner Ad

When Dougal Howard requests a trade tomorrow morning we'll all know why.

Well someone’s job will be hanging by a thread!

The worst thing is if someone has accessed the file they will either drip feed excerpts over time or else wait until sometime during the season when it will cause maximum damage!

I suggest we all pray no bad actors have accessed the file as this could easily derail the season!

The worst thing is if someone has accessed the file they will either drip feed excerpts over time or else wait until sometime during the season when it will cause maximum damage!

I suggest we all pray no bad actors have accessed the file as this could easily derail the season!

Clarko is probably already changing his program over at North to get ahead of the curve.

I will spew up if North play finals this year!!!

Unfortunately, bad actors have probably already accessed it.
Why else would the club have made a public statement?
Best case scenario is that a rival club has done the right thing and let the industry know they've accessed it.
Otherwise it's gone public, and it's only a matter of time until we've heard the entire two hours.

Ps the AFL industry is an inbred unprofessional boys club that thrives on gossip and selective backgrounding to journalists!

Again, pray no one has accessed this file!

Rocket Eade / Will Minson anyone!

I'm hoping for a few old school insults in there in have Tony Brown and our media team sweating.

Hopefully nothing that could end RTB 3.0 career before it really paid off.

The player related stuff is only an issue if Lyon is lying to the players faces about what he thinks of them. If he's truly honest with them, then the stuff they would've heard wouldn't be new to them - maybe more colourful language, but nothing else. That's only if he says behind their back what he says to their faces. For what it's worth I think that's the case, so the only issue would be tactics.
Might not be lying, but may not have passed on the judgement to them yet, as he's only been there 5 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping for a few old school insults in there in have Tony Brown and our media team sweating.

Hopefully nothing that could end RTB 3.0 career before it really paid off.
Its nothing that doesn't happen in every coaching box at every club every match

Its nothing that doesn't happen in every coaching box at every club every match
Absolutely correct - the only thing is the players don’t get to hear it verbatim (which is probably a bit personal and emotional!). I know they will all say it’s just heat of the moment stuff but some players will take it to heart.

We all know good coaches are smart enough to know which players need a cuddle and which players respond to a clear unambiguous feedback!

The player related stuff is only an issue if Lyon is lying to the players faces about what he thinks of them. If he's truly honest with them, then the stuff they would've heard wouldn't be new to them - maybe more colourful language, but nothing else. That's only if he says behind their back what he says to their faces. For what it's worth I think that's the case, so the only issue would be tactics.

If they are a bunch of pussies who can't handle honest feedback, perhaps it was leaked to give them a flying kick up the arse without it looking like he was bitch slapping them all?

How damaging do we think the leaked audio of the game-plan/tactics will actually be?

I reckon a good coach would be able to infer most the game-plan from video footage, but I just can't help but think this will be a disaster.
There's no guess work now, every opposition club knows what we're trying to do, our coaches matchday dynamic and decision making process.

How our coaches will approach rotations, match-ups and tags is now public. The stats they analyze, the details of specific player roles, names of and details of set plays and center bounce hit-to zones. Everything is in a folder on Justin Longmuir's desktop right now.

Some relationships and egos might be bruised after players hear the audio, but I think the tactical element of this will be far more significant.

Absolute non story.

Most weeks an injured player is in a coaches box across the league.

They all hear it. They all know the s**t that is said.

As for tactics. They are generally the same across the league aswell.

Tend to agree - They wouldn't be discussing the finer points of the game plan during a match

As for player criticism, I'm pretty sure colorful language aside Ross would have told the players what their strengths and weaknesses are already.

Absolute non story.

Most weeks an injured player is in a coaches box across the league.

They all hear it. They all know the s**t that is said.

As for tactics. They are generally the same across the league aswell.
Non story now, but if someone uploads a supercut of him calling Howard a big ******* giraffe then its nice to have the apology to the group pre-emptively made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back