Serie A 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

If Simone Inzaghi can get Lazio into the top four this season I can see him getting a top job pretty quickly. So good tactically.

If Simone Inzaghi can get Lazio into the top four this season I can see him getting a top job pretty quickly. So good tactically.
He did last season but only got EL for his efforts

I guess if he can usurp a Napoli or Roma and finish in a CL spot then yes perhaps

Not sure why Juve started Lichtsteiner in there first three matches if they were t going to use him in the champions cup.

Immobile was toying with Bonucci... and regular Serie A watches already know this, but gee Lazio are going to get massive offers for Milinkovic-Savic at the end of the season. What a player.

Another 3 goals and 3 pts for Napoli! Much like against Atalanta though, we rode our luck a bit against Bologna. Very happy to be 3 wins from 3 despite being far from our best so far.

He did last season but only got EL for his efforts

I guess if he can usurp a Napoli or Roma and finish in a CL spot then yes perhaps

Nah, Lazio finished 5th last season.

Atalanta pipped them by two points as Lazio lost their final three games. I remember the final game really well as they were at Crotone and lost 3-1 needing a win to secure 4th. Crotone needing the win to stay up.

Immobile was toying with Bonucci... and regular Serie A watches already know this, but gee Lazio are going to get massive offers for Milinkovic-Savic at the end of the season. What a player.

Another 3 goals and 3 pts for Napoli! Much like against Atalanta though, we rode our luck a bit against Bologna. Very happy to be 3 wins from 3 despite being far from our best so far.

Crazy Milinkovic-Savic isn't playing for the Serbian national team but yes he is a budding star. I think he will actually stay in Italy if he was to be sold, I think it suits him much more than Spain or England. Can see Juve as his likely destination.

Nah, Lazio finished 5th last season.

Atalanta pipped them by two points as Lazio lost their final three games. I remember the final game really well as they were at Crotone and lost 3-1 needing a win to secure 4th. Crotone needing the win to stay up.

Crazy Milinkovic-Savic isn't playing for the Serbian national team but yes he is a budding star. I think he will actually stay in Italy if he was to be sold, I think it suits him much more than Spain or England. Can see Juve as his likely destination.
That's right.

After Lazio realised we could not make CL (required a 3rd place finish) they gave up (already guaranteed to finish 5th).

Not to take anything from Atalanta who were remarkable last season really.

Milinkovic-Savic is interesting, he will leave, and I think he could be great in any league given his physicality, however, I hope he stays for a few more years yet. We are building a great team with some new Portuguese young guns hopefully we can push for CL this year and then do a Atletico Madrid or Dortmund and win the league over the next 2-3 years.

Pretty poor half, teams are separated by one piece of brilliance. We look flat and very static, need to start whipping in some crosses and putting their defenders under some pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lichtsteiner needed to keep his feet

how come so many of the serie a stadiums look half empty its like watching a norf game at etihad

That's opening a whole new can of worms.

The biggest factors I can think of:
1. The ease of watching on TV.
2. The dilapidated state of most Italian stadia.
3. Violence from ultras and fears over safety.

Falling crowds have been a huge problem in Italy for a number of years now. Not sure it's going to pick up anytime soon.

That's opening a whole new can of worms.

The biggest factors I can think of:
1. The ease of watching on TV.
2. The dilapidated state of most Italian stadia.
3. Violence from ultras and fears over safety.

Falling crowds have been a huge problem in Italy for a number of years now. Not sure it's going to pick up anytime soon.
Think it's a combination of all of those.
Been about 2 years since I last went over there but the most common complaint I heard was that it was too expensive for the common people. Cheapest tickets for a Juve game went for about €20 but most of the decent seats were around €40-50. Other teams were cheaper but for a lot of people in Italy it's a luxury to go to a game

3. Violence from ultras and fears over safety

lol this is a myth. I have been to a few games in Serie A and B this past few weeks and it's the exact opposite, there isn't even much of a police presence anymore. Opposition supporters can walk around the outside of the stadium no worries and people openly smoke weed in the stadiums! It's not really like it was 20 years ago.

The dilapidated state of the stadiums is the main issue.

I sat in Curva Nord for the Lazio Milan game and it was almost disappointing how tame they were in terms of aggression.

Last edited:
Terrible performance this morning but kept our 100% record intact.
Napoli awesome again, just brushed Lazio aside when they found top gear. Scored 3 in 5 minutes to kill off the contest

I was a tad nervous about this game given Lazio's form, but just completely crushed them in the second half... helped by them losing De Vrij and Bastos. The build up play for Callejon's goal + the finish by Mertens for our 3rd :thumbsu:

19 goals in 5 games now!

Hopefully Sarri rotates the squad a bit vs SPAL on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back