Toast SF = Collingwood 79-59 Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Longmuir looks shattered. :(

Good luck to him next season.
Was great at Pies and doing good stuff in Freo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Special callout to young Pendlebury. He was good all day but in the first 20 minutes he was sensational. He set up our three goal lead which we more or less held on to all night.

He has been stellar.
He needs to get back on the workbench so we can handover the Daicos dynasty to the Pendlebury dynasty

WTF? McCreey very poor . what game were
u watching . seriously get a f%^&in grip!! ( I won't bother on the others ..)
Yeah totally agree. Watching from the G, his burst speed and pressure was really important. Essential part of the team.

WHE had a couple of shocking set shot misses and other deft touches which resulted in goals….weird game as usual from him.

Yeah totally agree. Watching from the G, his burst speed and pressure was really important. Essential part of the team.

WHE had a couple of shocking set shot misses and other deft touches which resulted in goals….weird game as usual from him.
Degoey got free then goal from a passage of play where mccreery had been hunting down 3 or 4 different freeo players with the ball. I think it might have started where he lost possession. Afterwards he was completely shot. It would be fantastic if he could be a bit more dangerous with the ball but he has to be one of the most dangerous players when the opposition has the ball. He doesn't just create pressure which equals turnovers downfield, he creates turnovers right there in the forward line. For a relatively inexperienced player he isn't that bad.

Very similar performance to what we witnessed against Geelong IMO with the main difference being a lesser opponent in Fremantle.

We basically had the game on our terms for the entire match and it's unfortunate we didn't take the opportunity in front of goal to bury them. While there was lots to admire about our performance tonight, just like last week we still had a number of little moments of missing targets, fumbles or dropped marks that stopped our transition in it's tracks when we were in a position to surge. Unlike Geelong Fremantle simply didn't have the same ability to make us pay for it.

Obviously no one expects perfection but it's those small moments that will ultimately decide our fate and to beat Sydney everything we have trained for and experienced this season must now come together in a way that's better than anything we've produced this year.

Well done to all our players, coaches and staff on delivering the victory and putting themselves in to a preliminary final.

While you'll have your eyes firmly fixed on an even greater prize now this is still a much deserved reward for all your efforts and deeds throughout the season.

Go Pies!

Hard to make a lot of the game when there live.The one obvious was how disappointing Bianco was, AJ better after half time and hate to say but Checkers really looks done!

Our goals come from manic pressure and the little guys

If we lose Elliott we are cooked!

Defence looked superb

McCreery still not sure

Maynard quiet ?

Cox unbelievable!

Ginn, well credit where credit is due

One change

Bianco out

Henry in

I agree. However even watching it on TV so many of us don't agree. I thought Bianco was lacking. However Coach said he did exactly what they wanted of him and his small acts made other players shine. I thought McCreery did not get a lot of the ball however it was what he did off the ball with his tacking and the implied pressure he brought that opened the game up for others. Maynard probably had a quiet game because he has been so good, but nothing got past him. I though Cox's marking and ruck work were good. Moore and Howe and Murphy to a lesser extent were superb. Noble and Nacois gave us constant run off half back. Degoey and Crisp were brilliant. Ginni did well but could have ended with a great night if not for poor kicking. WHE was poor. I don't think the Pies will bring Henry in. It will be Krueger or Carmichael. Checkers has been carrying a hip injury for the past 6 weeks. Apparently will require surgery when our season ends (in 2 weeks)

The issue will be Collingwood having to actually leave Victoria ……. Collingwood has played a massive 5 games outside of Victoria…. losing to Sydney and Brisbane , a fair win against a depleted Fremantle and falling across the line by 5 points to both Adelaide and Gold Coast) …. hardly sparkling on the road form. The SCG is a whole different story….
17145A79-369B-485E-BDDF-454E3ECA2829.jpeg

I remember that …

… it’d be a few dozen Freo fans couped up the back of the Ryder Stand watching their team getting pummelled on the pitch, and 30,000 Collingwood fans cheering for the margin to get to 100 points. Good times, but respect to those Freo fans.
I had reserved seats on the fence behind the interchange gates and the crowd was always giving it to them. Never heard a bad word said as it was all jovial and taking the pi55. They had an old trainer who fair dinkum had more ground time than most players these days. He could barely get out of a walk and conveniently found him self in the way. He copped heaps.

I think this game shows, if it wasn’t known already, that Collingwood can make an extended tilt at the flag.

The combo of pressure up forward, an amazing backline, and just incredible distribution in traffic from Pendles and Daicos makes the team look so complete. Those two look like they’ve been playing together for years.

Thought the defensive side of Elliott’s game was awesome and De Goey’s also. Their attack speaks for itself.

Love your entire back 6.

My friend and I got together just now and recorded this pod dedicated to the Pies win. Please give it a go and if you like tell your friends. We hope we’re doing another one for you next week after the prelim!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this game shows, if it wasn’t known already, that Collingwood can make an extended tilt at the flag.

The combo of pressure up forward, an amazing backline, and just incredible distribution in traffic from Pendles and Daicos makes the team look so complete. Those two look like they’ve been playing together for years.

Thought the defensive side of Elliott’s game was awesome and De Goey’s also. Their attack speaks for itself.

Love your entire back 6.

My friend and I got together just now and recorded this pod dedicated to the Pies win. Please give it a go and if you like tell your friends. We hope we’re doing another one for you next week after the prelim!

Very good analysis. You've put a lot of the media to shame.

I didn't know Pendles had a basketball background.

Last edited:
?????? …… just stating facts…… last games played outside of Melbourne , Collingwood have lost or struggled badly…….. personally I don’t give a 💩
Then why are you here?

Had cracking seats for the first time. Was a great night. Think the pies played at about 75% but really surprised by the Dockers. They were a bit like us against Geelong in 2020. Never really showed up.

Am surprised by the criticism of players, especially given many were playing their first or second finals ever. Every player talks about the step up in pressure. Loved what McRae said about Bianco. watch his positioning defensive side at clearances and willingness to run and it was great.

I hope so!

I’m from the Gold Coast and have already travelled to Melbourne twice in the last month for the Carlton game and then the Geelong game. Trying to convince my husband I need to get to Sydney too… currently looking around the house for things I can sell.
Just sell the house and be done with it :p

The issue will be Collingwood having to actually leave Victoria ……. Collingwood has played a massive 5 games outside of Victoria…. losing to Sydney and Brisbane , a fair win against a depleted Fremantle and falling across the line by 5 points to both Adelaide and Gold Coast) …. hardly sparkling on the road form. The SCG is a whole different story….
Okay so 5 points is falling across the line but 7 is a genuine win. Good to know.

Also Freo weren’t depleted that week - we just went and made them look stupid.

?????? …… just stating facts…… last games played outside of Melbourne , Collingwood have lost or struggled badly…….. personally I don’t give a 💩
Then why are you on our board?

Dusted off this old BigFooty profile after laying dormant for 10 years (at the sacred #7 total posts) because this year is the best year of footy I've ever experienced. We were great tonight - Ash looked dangerous even though he was mostly ineffective - once he gets up and about after being fed a few on the chest he will kick a bag next week 100%. LETS GO SMASH THE SWANS

WTF? McCreey very poor . what game were
u watching . seriously get a f%^&in grip!! ( I won't bother on the others ..)
watched the same game as whoever did the ratings for fox sports.

All the ones I listed as our best were "curiously" rated the highest.

The players I said were poor strangely also rated the lowest. Mcreery least amount of disposals, no goals, plays as a forward, no shots on goal. Yes he did some pressure acts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back