Fundraiser SFA fight for MND - $1337 raised

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I should change the thread to team challenges instead of goal challenges.

Let's as a community comes up with a reason why each club can donate. Wooshette already setting a good example
Having fun with it in our thread :D

Maybe I should change the thread to team challenges instead of goal challenges.

Let's as a community comes up with a reason why each club can donate. Wooshette already setting a good example
I have told the Furies to donate because you will get a badge. Who does not like badges?

Much appreciation to those contributing to this, or various MND charities as this is something close to my heart.

3 years ago, to the day, I lost a parent to this horrid disease and would love to see a cure for this largely unexplained disease in my lifetime.

Due to the Fight MND campaign a lot of inroads have been made, but there's still a lot of work to be done and every bit helps us get closer. So thanks.

Much appreciation to those contributing to this, or various MND charities as this is something close to my heart.

3 years ago, to the day, I lost a parent to this horrid disease and would love to see a cure for this largely unexplained disease in my lifetime.

Due to the Fight MND campaign a lot of inroads have been made, but there's still a lot of work to be done and every bit helps us get closer. So thanks.
Since you’re not playing finals feel free to join in the Warriors/Gumbies thread and throw up some challenges :D
Condolences Broken x

Just donate. That's what I am doing.
Yeah fair. I based it on "What has the sim ever done for me!" and ran with that. So far the fund owes me just under $75k :)

Seriously though, it's a good cause. Anyone who has know me 10 years or more would likely be aware I'm no stranger to the troubles of under-researched illness AND the supportive nature of this site's community - definitely into supporting this sort of stuff.

Some solid donations coming through already, thank you to everyone who has donated already! Also awesome to see so many people getting on board with this and making a bit of extra fun for the games on Sunday as well. For those wanting to keep track, I've attached pending donations in the 2nd post of this thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To support this wonderful cause and commemorate the Roys woeful season I'll be donating the Roys Average Losing margin for the season ($25) plus whatever the average margin is for this round of the finals.

As our Queens birthday match approaches in our AFL landscape, I think we can all agree that as Football fans we appreciate and can get behind the great work that Neale Daniher has put in over the last 5 seasons for his fight against Motor Neurone Disease. The Big Freeze event has become one of the bigger events in the AFL calender and today I feel like we need to do our bit for Neale and those that are fighting against this disease by having our own annual fight against MND.

So here I am putting it out for the captains and teams to step up their game. This weekend (the Queens birthday weekend) I challenge all captains or clubs to donate $2 for every goal scored from our respective teams this weekend in our game of Qooty. Of course this is not limited to anyone as any donation possible will be greatly appreciated however I do think that from a team perspective we can organize for someone or multiple people to donate $2 per goal kicked across the SFA this weekend.

So I put the challenge out,

Bombers - Tony Lynn 15 TheCoach16
Warriors - Wooshette
Dragons - PhenomenalV1
Hawks - Agent93
Furies - TJASTA
Royals - The Filth Wizard
Gumbies - BRAB
Bears - JoshWoodenSpoon
Demons - Yakker
Roys FFC - fitzroybowiedog
Swamprats - Far Kern
Wonders - Dingster

Let's band together for a good cause. Consult your leadership groups if you have too but I put the challenge out to you guys and see if we can raise $2 for every goal scored across the SFA this weekend. You only have to donate the amount of goals kicked by your club.

Of course this isn't limited to the captains only as anyone from within the league can donate. I have created a GoFundMe page so anyone can look at donating.

I am currently in talks with some people as well that anyone that does donate will receive a cool new badge which hopefully will be available by Monday 10th June.

Thanks to both Cloud_ and Ant Bear for their support getting this charity going and hopefully we can see some success this year so we can make it an annual thing going forward. Let's hope we see over 200 goals again this weekend!!

THE DONATION LINK IS HERE: https://www.gofundme.com/land-of-sw...78322388-b40895081cd64292&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

To find out more about MND follow the link here: https://fightmnd.org.au/

Let's get together as a community and help fight MND!

#goalchallenge
This is fantastic haydo, bravo mate for getting this off the ground legend. I love this about the SFA. We lost my dear Nanna to MND many years ago, I am so proud of Daniher for how he has championed the cause and his bravery throughout it all.

I’m going away on holidays haydo but hopefully will be at my destination by game time Sunday and can check in!
I will donate $2 for every goal kicked by the Warriors and also an additional $5 for every goal kicked by harry000. Also $2 for every tackle laid by pantskyle and $2 for every free kick against TheInjuryFactory. I’ll also chuck in a $1 for every hit out I get.
We always donate for MND during the Queens game so happy to throw some money here to your cause instead :thumbsu:
Nice work.
Awesome Woosh. :thumbsu:

Put me down for $1 for pantskyle touches, $2 per Wooshette hitout, and $1 for every disposal zackah racks up on the weekend.

Bonus $20 if harry000 kicks 3+ goals. Make it happen hazza :thumbsu:

This is fantastic haydo, bravo mate for getting this off the ground legend. I love this about the SFA. We lost my dear Nanna to MND many years ago, I am so proud of Daniher for how he has championed the cause and his bravery throughout it all.

Awesome Woosh. :thumbsu:

Put me down for $1 for pantskyle touches, $2 per Wooshette hitout, and $1 for every disposal zackah racks up on the weekend.

Bonus $20 if harry000 kicks 3+ goals. Make it happen hazza :thumbsu:
I’ll match TIFs contribution, largely because I am too lazy to think something up myself :$

I was going to put in $1 for every time I had run into an open goal and missed, but there isn’t a Super Computer available to do the calculations - so I’ll just chip in a hundred. Let me know how and when it’s time to pay....

Ideas welcome for how teams not participating in finals can kind of align with those which are.
Happy to sim some exhibition games for teams that aren't in finals i.e. Hawks v Roys and Wonders v Furies if it makes the concept feel a bit more interactive for players on those teams.

haydo I'll $3 for every individual donor 12 right now makes $36 at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back