SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

MORNINGTON PENINSULA NEPEAN – SEASON CANCELLED

Despite setting a July 25 return to play date, the MPNFL cancelled its season on July 27. Some clubs have reportedly expressed interest in joining the neighbouring Southern league if it plays on.

The analogy in all this could be viewed by a meeting held a number of weeks ago where the CEO's of the 16 leagues are 'standing up' listening to AFL Vic explaining the situation they will face with the pandemic which could assist them in making any decision to cancel their season.

As the meeting goes on the responsible CEO's start 'sitting down' with majority citing the same reason as The Goulburn Valley League: "Concerns over club and league financial struggles, burden on volunteers and a lack of crowds saw the league call it quits"

However, near the end of the meeting we have the CEO's of VAFA and SFNL still 'standing' in some type of 'appendage measuring competition' to see who can be the last man standing in this crisis which borders on becoming egotistical.

All the other CEO's in the room our astounded to see the SFNL still pursuing a season when 90% of leagues have 'sat down'.

They must be confident that every club from Dingley to Dandenong have significant volunteer and financial resources at their disposal to run their clubs in such a crisis when majority of metro Melbourne clubs cannot. WOW, and they thought the SFNL who were in trouble last few years ago, how stupid are they.

However, the 'street smart' presidents and participants in SFNL know exactly whats going on.

It was only last year all were berated about the financial situation of the majority of clubs with some 5-6 virtually on their knees with the topping on the cake now being Doveton. The 'street smart' people know the volunteers cannot handle the RTP correctly and they can smell a rat running against another agenda.

The CEO knows the struggles majority of clubs have so why is he persisting with his quest??? League Consolidation????

The 'street smart' people of the SFNL clubs have and will continue to start pulling out in the next few days. They are not going to allow the CEO and Board put up a false bravado to other leagues that could destroy the financial stability and volunteer fabric of their clubs any further.

The whole scenario smells

The analogy in all this could be viewed by a meeting held a number of weeks ago where the CEO's of the 16 leagues are 'standing up' listening to AFL Vic explaining the situation they will face with the pandemic which could assist them in making any decision to cancel their season.

As the meeting goes on the responsible CEO's start 'sitting down' with majority citing the same reason as The Goulburn Valley League: "Concerns over club and league financial struggles, burden on volunteers and a lack of crowds saw the league call it quits"

However, near the end of the meeting we have the CEO's of VAFA and SFNL still 'standing' in some type of 'appendage measuring competition' to see who can be the last man standing in this crisis which borders on becoming egotistical.

All the other CEO's in the room our astounded to see the SFNL still pursuing a season when 90% of leagues have 'sat down'.

They must be confident that every club from Dingley to Dandenong have significant volunteer and financial resources at their disposal to run their clubs in such a crisis when majority of metro Melbourne clubs cannot. WOW, and they thought the SFNL who were in trouble last few years ago, how stupid are they.

However, the 'street smart' presidents and participants in SFNL know exactly whats going on.

It was only last year all were berated about the financial situation of the majority of clubs with some 5-6 virtually on their knees with the topping on the cake now being Doveton. The 'street smart' people know the volunteers cannot handle the RTP correctly and they can smell a rat running against another agenda.

The CEO knows the struggles majority of clubs have so why is he persisting with his quest??? League Consolidation????

The 'street smart' people of the SFNL clubs have and will continue to start pulling out in the next few days. They are not going to allow the CEO and Board put up a false bravado to other leagues that could destroy the financial stability and volunteer fabric of their clubs any further.

Can someone tell me who is in charge of the clubs following the protocols? And what happens if there not followed correctly?

MORNINGTON PENINSULA NEPEAN – SEASON CANCELLED

Despite setting a July 25 return to play date, the MPNFL cancelled its season on July 27. Some clubs have reportedly expressed interest in joining the neighbouring Southern league if it plays on.
SFNL would be excited about that collecting extra fees. Not sure it would be that easy though. Can't see the SFNL Clubs
Can someone tell me who is in charge of the clubs following the protocols? And what happens if there not followed correctly?
I'll concede now. lol Andrews has just announced 10 Postcodes are in Lockdown as of tomorrow and all flights into Melbourne will be diverted. Not sure Local footy is on his agenda. But I disagree with alot of the above. 38 teams in the SFNL. There may well have been 8 that pulled the plug. Those Clubs would have made their own decision based on the above. I'm not sure it's fair to put Clubs in the same boat as Doveton. There plight is from a rogue President.

The Post of the pandemic!

So some parts of Victoria will be in lock down but the sfnl will be playing 😂
D Day today I reckon. SFNL had a Board Meeting last night. If their decision was to cancel, then Clubs will be told today. If we hear nothing then the intention is to still go ahead. I reckon we will be the last Metro Comp standing. It will be hard for the VAFA to proceed with a percentage of their Clubs in lockdown areas.
After the announcements yesterday the Premier had an opportunity to also cancel all Junior Football and Senior Football Comps for the year but he didn't. This isn't an oversight, he obviously believes at this stage local footy with current restrictions can proceed safely.

D Day today I reckon. SFNL had a Board Meeting last night. If their decision was to cancel, then Clubs will be told today. If we hear nothing then the intention is to still go ahead. I reckon we will be the last Metro Comp standing. It will be hard for the VAFA to proceed with a percentage of their Clubs in lockdown areas.
After the announcements yesterday the Premier had an opportunity to also cancel all Junior Football and Senior Football Comps for the year but he didn't. This isn't an oversight, he obviously believes at this stage local footy with current restrictions can proceed safely.
Agree.

A decision won't be announced on cancellations of any sport without Martin Pakula MP being at a press conference.

Maybe he had more important things to announce yesterday like telling 300,000 people to stay in their houses, businesses to shut, people without wages, deploying police, investigating the hotel disaster...Not sure he has gone home kicking himself that he forgot to announce that SFNL and VAFA seasons are cancelled.

Mate you are the bloke standing in the middle of a burning house where everyone runs and you stand there saying the Fire Brigade will be here soon to put it out.

SFNL is NOT going ahead so just relax.

Its not doomsaday stuff as the smart people realise this year is 'rooted' so the most important thing we need to do now is make sure next Season goes ahead.

Maybe he had more important things to announce yesterday like telling 300,000 people to stay in their houses, businesses to shut, people without wages, deploying police, investigating the hotel disaster...Not sure he has gone home kicking himself that he forgot to announce that SFNL and VAFA seasons are cancelled.

Mate you are the bloke standing in the middle of a burning house where everyone runs and you stand there saying the Fire Brigade will be here soon to put it out.

Its not doomsaday stuff as the smart people realise this year is 'rooted' so the most important thing we need to do now is make sure next Season goes ahead.
Haha spot on. Gee I hope
Your right the sfnl worry me. It’s so obvious they are in this for the wrong reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we expect some kind of update soon do you no?

Can we expect some kind of update soon do you no?

No.

HO still thinking about a fund raiser to assist.

They have looked between cracks on the couches, in their cars for a few coins and will be tin rattling on the corner of South Road and Nepean Highway later today.

Also looks like the CEO of VAFA will concede he has a smaller appendage in the next 48 hours so we presume after that.

Apparently MPNFL CEO who is sitting behind the CEO of SFNL in the meeting is ready to do to old party trick and pull his chair away as he is just about to sit down. Should have the whole room in stitches I reckon.

No.

HO still thinking about a fund raiser to assist.

They have looked between the couches, in their cars for a few coins and will be tin rattling on the corner of South Road and Nepean Highway later today.

Once those avenues are completed they may announce something.

Looks like the CEO of VAFA will concede he has a smaller appendage in the next 48 hours so after that I would suggest
😂😂 👍

That a very small hunch that Warnabeach doesn’t want local footy to go ahead. Anyone else noticed? :D:tearsofjoy:

Not at all Woofa, but unlike educated people like yourself its very hard to believe after 90% of leagues have cancelled that our CEO who we pay his wages continues to believe that OUR league should go ahead when virtually every clubs finances and volunteers are stretched. The continuance of this misbelief is currently putting enormous pressure on our Presidents, Committee and Coaches to implement RTP program that will not go ahead : do countless 'what-if's and try to budget costs against revenue.

Give me footy any day but don't let me swim up a river that is going past me.

What are your thoughts Woofa??? come on tell us what you think the league needs to do???

As stated, get rid of this year so we save next year

Not at all Woofa, but unlike educated people like yourself its very hard to believe after 90% of leagues have cancelled that our CEO who we pay his wages continues to believe that OUR league should go ahead when virtually every clubs finances and volunteers are stretched. The continuance of this misbelief is currently putting enormous pressure on our Presidents, Committee and Coaches to implement RTP program that will not go ahead : do countless 'what-if's and try to budget costs against revenue.

Give me footy any day but don't let me swim up a river that is going past me.

What are your thoughts Woofa??? come on tell us what you think the league needs to do???

As stated, get rid of this year so we save next year

If any club feels that way then surely they just say 'thanks but no thanks" to 2020 like Chelsea did.

If nobody at your club wants to play and it's causing stress, it'd be irresponsible not to.

There is enough uncertainty in the community let alone having to have the heartache of trying to work out what is going on with senior football. Let folks focus on their loved ones and keeping them safe, the year is done HO, put a line through it and let clubs build for 2021.

Are ya there Woofa? What do you reckon Woof? Do you want the season to be cancelled as by above it seems your in same boat as me.

Sorry for the delay Beachy. Mixed emotions here mate. Being on the board of a SFNL Div1 club - I am getting the sense that some clubs just don’t see the value in the season. I don’t think it’s a volunteer problem. I think the players and clubs are feeling there’s no point in a shorter season if some clubs are going to pull out. Clubs were given the choice a while ago and everyone said yes. Things have now changed now that Vic has gone backwards. I think it’s gotten to the point where it doesn’t feel right to play now. Few weeks back I was all for it. BUT in saying all of this - I don’t blame anyone for wanting to continue a season. It’s a huge part of our lives and the mental health of the players is crucial. If there is no season- I hope everyone continues to train and once the cases settle - hopefully the social rooms can open and everyone can have a beer together.

Sorry for the delay Beachy. Mixed emotions here mate. Being on the board of a SFNL Div1 club - I am getting the sense that some clubs just don’t see the value in the season. I don’t think it’s a volunteer problem. I think the players and clubs are feeling there’s no point in a shorter season if some clubs are going to pull out. Clubs were given the choice a while ago and everyone said yes. Things have now changed now that Vic has gone backwards. I think it’s gotten to the point where it doesn’t feel right to play now. Few weeks back I was all for it. BUT in saying all of this - I don’t blame anyone for wanting to continue a season. It’s a huge part of our lives and the mental health of the players is crucial. If there is no season- I hope everyone continues to train and once the cases settle - hopefully the social rooms can open and everyone can have a beer together.
Do we have any info on
What happened at the SNFL board meeting last night?

Im still hearing play on as usual. But I still think a few more clubs will bail. Hampton park officially gone today

good to hear if true. i was going to attend the meeting last night but decided against it due to not knowing the feel of the room and having a strong opinion myself on the matter.....

and my opinion (means jackshit i know) is this - firstly i'll state that i love local and professional sports. it's a huge part of my life like it is with many others so i want it back as soon as possible. however what the AFL and below leagues who are considering continuing are doing is completely irresponsible. we've just had 10 postcodes shut down and i can bet you that there's AFL players who live in these areas. they are part of the same community as we are, just as local footballers are. so to think it is safe for them to bang and crash into each other but not safe for people to watch - people from the same community, is just ridiculous. hey and after we smash into each other for 2 hours let's be socially distant while singing our song. for safety of course, lol..... if people don't see the humour and contradiction in that then there's something wrong. at local level it's ok for my child to play against others from all over the state with full physical contact but not safe enough for me to watch? taking the piss surely.... you seriously cannot have community restrictions but let people from those communities compete in contact sports then return to their homes as normal. it seems a hub with daily testing of who comes and goes is the only possible solution and obviously not available at local level. we are not the UFC, NBA, NFL etc that have the money to try to implement these things. focus on health and getting past this pandemic before worrying about whether or not sport should go on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back