s**t things your teachers did

Remove this Banner Ad

The year after I left school, the principal ran off with an art teacher. He was married, not sure if she was.

Example:

Bloody hell Gough, we must be cousins or something. I spent a year in grade 6 at the uranium mine at Mary Kathleen, halfway between Mount Isa and Cloncurry. Got a job delivering papers after school, with a 10c bonus for every paper sold over and above the deliveries. A couple of mates tagged along with me because there wasn't anything else to do.

We had three young female primary teachers who lived together in a company house. Every afternoon I'd call in, they would feed us and give us soft drink, and the random guys in their kitchen would always call us "mate" and buy two or three papers each. Then we'd head off to the pub and sell any leftover papers.

Had absolutely no idea why the teachers were so popular, or why they occasionally wore a nightie in the middle of the afternoon. "Tired" was a very satisfactory explanation to a twelve year old. :)

I remember when we were playing hangman. It was 2000. I made this girl cry becuase she guessed the word but she was wrong I think I laughed or said no you're wrong. She was wrong. She started crying. I said sorry. Anyway teacher (I was in grade two) sent me away from all the students and sat me back at the end of the room alone. Just as he did this I think he said something like to never tease others for not being good enough. Something along those lines. Then he bought up the afl and asked me how my team was (he did it as a way to show how we are not always right I guess) and I said I go for north. We were reigning champs at the time. Stupid teacher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back