Society/Culture Should Australia Reinstate a The Death Penalty?

Should the death penalty be reintroduced in Australia?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

watched Entourage movie last night. Certainly plenty fit bitches in that.
prefer to go to the theatre and sit next to doctors wives from kew and armadale. the actresses on stage are hubbahubba, actually, even better is all female act like bikini kill or le tigre or beaches

bold is reference to stay on message on thread

We've seen some pretty horrific acts. Murders, rapes, large scale drug trafficking , terrorist acts (or attempts).

So, any chance to people's opinions on the death penalty in Australia?

We've seen some pretty horrific acts. Murders, rapes, large scale drug trafficking , terrorist acts (or attempts).

to reinstate capital punishment now, with this the catalyst, is abrogating some authority over this particular action today, when it should have zero influence over a much more sober legislation debate.

The only sound argument I have ever read for reinstating the death penalty has been accompanied by the argument that prison should be abolished for all other crimes not worthy of the penalty.

The death penalty is a reasonable punishment for many crimes and easier on the prisoner and society alike.

I'd support it, the day we have a professional police force and a justice system that doesn't make mistakes.

No change on mine. Unequivocally no.

No for all previous reasons mentioned but sometimes after days like today I'm not so sure.

But more life sentences with no parole should apply where lives are taken and/ or irreparably damaged for victims and families. Repeat offenders also, throw away the key.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prefer to go to the theatre and sit next to doctors wives from kew and armadale. the actresses on stage are hubbahubba, actually, even better is all female act like bikini kill or le tigre or beaches

bold is reference to stay on message on thread

Susanna Hoffs

No for all previous reasons mentioned but sometimes after days like today I'm not so sure.

But more life sentences with no parole should apply where lives are taken and/ or irreparably damaged for victims and families. Repeat offenders also, throw away the key.
Said it before and I'll say it again - if you gave me the choice of the rest of my life behind bars (let's assume we're talking a high security jail here, not some low prison farm thing), with all the horrible things that brings with it, or a lethal injection I'd take the latter.

In other words, I consider forcing the worst of the worst to live out their days in the hell hole that is jail, with the key thrown away, a bigger punishment. At least with the latter you get to escape the hell after 10-15 years.

Said it before and I'll say it again - if you gave me the choice of the rest of my life behind bars (let's assume we're talking a high security jail here, not some low prison farm thing), with all the horrible things that brings with it, or a lethal injection I'd take the latter.

In other words, I consider forcing the worst of the worst to live out their days in the hell hole that is jail, with the key thrown away, a bigger punishment. At least with the latter you get to escape the hell after 10-15 years.

James "Jimmy" Gargasoulas forfeited his right to live today

I know... he's a piece of s**t who doesn't deserve to be alive when others died from his actions... but once the emotion is removed, it's still ..no.

Agree. Life, no chance of parole

Human infallibility being what it is, of course...
But a crime like today where we have the right person - I do not care why he did it, if he was suffering from mental health psychosis, fallibility being what it is he is too high s risk of reoffending so deletion is the answer in this individual. Adrian Bayly (after his reoffend) is another who should be deleted.

Back