Roast Should Richmond begin searching for Luke Meehan's replacement immediately?

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

been saying it for a while, why the * dont we bring our injured vets back thru the 2s? It means they get an easier transition into match conditions and if they do break down they haven't left us a man short on the bench in the seniors.
prove they can run out a full 4 qtrs then they get considered for the firsts.

only argument i can think of is that suburban grounds aren't in the same pristine knick but surely theyre not that bad, good enough for our kids.

Prestia only breaks down in 1st quarters leaving us down. Can't recall him breaking down in last quarter or pulling up lame.
Williamstown and Whitten oval are awesome surfaces as is Werribee. Far better than Docklands and I'm tipping the G isn't top notch after Taylor Swift.

How did the conditioning staff and match committee come to the conclusion to play Prestia after a 5 day break from interstate puzzling and amature like with his history.

Starting our season with a mid afternoon game in Qlds summer & then giving us a 5 day break immediately after is one of the most laughable "zero *s" decisions the AFL has ever made. It wa like keeping an old car in the garage for a few years then taking it out for a drive from Brisbane toe Adelaide

I think the team would self manage better their fitness if Meehan’s position was vacant. All those 128 pages of our preseason and posters carrying on how wonderful and fit our team was looking were just the usual dribble. MRJ looked like a pork chop, JGTI injured in a low key practice match , Dusty out and then the events of last week with Hopper following the other three. Our strengthening and conditioning has never been the same since that dude left to Brisbane.
You can see our guys are struggling against teams to keep up with the pace and once fatigue sets in there’s a breaking point. With the age of our list I think we will see more of them and my biggest gripe is the old stagers always start their preseason training later than the kids. The reality is they should start it earlier as they need the preparation and strengthening before the season begins. They then get managed later into the season with a rest here and there as their bodies are still prepared physically by then. They really have no idea what they’re doing at PRO atm and it’s opening up long term wounds as all of this lack of professional strengthening, conditioning and development will soon affect our kids . We’ve become amateurs again and there’s really no body overseeing all of this and making the tough calls. It appears the guys at the top are more interested in furthering their careers elsewhere and don’t want to rock the boat.

Last edited:
Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Basketball, Athletics. There's a ton of hugely well credentialed Aussies in the high performance space, working both here and abroad.

We should be prioritising these and it doesn't need to be within current AFL ranks or some feel good promotion of someone under qualified.

Go and and scour other elite sports and poach the best of the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Basketball, Athletics. There's a ton of hugely well credentialed Aussies in the high performance space, working both here and abroad.

We should be prioritising these and it doesn't need to be within current AFL ranks or some feel good promotion of someone under qualified.

Go and and scour other elite sports and poach the best of the best.

Just avoid the Manchester United guys!

Worse than Meehan

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do your fckn job Gale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Checked out already lazy prick
I think he should be coming out & saying if he is leaving or staying unequivocally, because if he is leaving imo he should not have a say in future appointments going forward. like potentially a new fitness boss and recruiting manager.

Daniel Rioli is 100% carrying an injury ankle/foot.

Puzzling with the Hopper situation. Played 2 games and now he needs a clean up I don't buy this spin. All this bs talk preseason he had all the surgery needed and flying work it out. Our fitness and conditioning program is amateur like no idea on the same path to last year.

Puzzling with the Hopper situation. Played 2 games and now he needs a clean up I don't buy this spin. All this bs talk preseason he had all the surgery needed and flying work it out. Our fitness and conditioning program is amateur like no idea on the same path to last year.
I think our medical team are on the same page.

There’s lots of aspiring S&C and physios who would absoloute f** kill for this blokes job. He’s taking the absoloute Mickey out of us now. Absoloutely must go and should have been f’d off at the start of this season.

He’s been at the club 10 years prior to this as an assistant to burge for a reason. Guy can't manage to save his life.

Back