Should the AFL organise the All Australian team to play against the Premiers?

Would you be interested in the AFL organising an All Australian vs Premiers match once every year?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I created this thread a few years ago

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...australian-vs-champion-team-hawthorn.1119826/

and I found opinion was quite divided on the result.

So I thought I would ask a different question. Do you think the AFL should consider organising a match, either just before the preseason games, or maybe December where the premiers play against the All Australian team.

So lets say Richmond win the flag in 2018, then somewhere between November and March 2018/2019 the AFL will organise a fixture where the Richmond side plays against the All Australian team

B: Tom Stewart (Geel) Alex Rance (Rich) Rory Laird (Adel)
HB: Shannon Hurn (WC) Jeremy McGovern (WC) Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
C: Andrew Gaff (WC) Dustin Martin (Rich) Steele Sidebottom (Coll)
HF: Patrick Dangerfield (v-c, Geel) Lance Franklin (capt, Syd) Robbie Gray (PAdel)
F: Jack Gunston (Haw) Jack Riewoldt (Rich) Luke Breust (Haw)
FOLL: Max Gawn (Melb) Patrick Cripps (Carl) Tom Mitchell (Haw)
I/C: Shane Edwards (Rich) Brodie Grundy (Coll) Shaun Higgins (NM) Clayton Oliver (Melb)

Now obviously the Richmond players in that team would play for Richmond, and those players would be replaced by other players in the All Australian squad, so for instance Riewoldt would be replaced by either Hawkins or Brown etc.

Assuming the AFL could find a fixture for it, would the All Australian team vs Premiers be a match people would be interested in watching?

:cool:Cos the premiers have all that dead time to kill between raucous celebrations, holidays and getting refocussed for the off-season?

B: Stewart, Whitfield
C: Gaff Dusty Sidebottom
F: Dangerfield, Gray
Int: Gawn, Oliver, Higgins, Gunston

B: Rance, Hurn
C: Mitchell, Cripps, Edwards
F: Franklin, Breust
Int: Grundy, Laird, Riewoldt, McGovern

There you go. 2 AFLX squads, Vics v Allies. Play that in February in front of a bumper crowd of 3 men and a dog.

Outrageous. How can Shane Edwards be on both teams!! &$3! Outrage Outrage $$%!!

It would be something fun to watch but I've given up with any of these state of origin, aa team, carnivals etc. ever taking place again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back