Should We Trade Palmer for Priddis?

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess he'd be a handy replacement for Hasleby and Priddis would look good in the number 4 Freo jumper.

No, no and NO!!! The number 4 jumper should be reserved for our latest and greatest draft pick. I want the next Hill or Morabito to have that special number. There is NO WAY that this obvious troll should get any more press. Priddis will offer nothing by comparison to a fully fit and focussed Palmer.

End of discussion!

Id like to trade palmer

Id like a ball winning midfielder like priddis

but trading palmer for priddis is just silly talk!

will never happen coz the bite u in the arse and be the laughing stock of perth probability is too high

Simple answer - NO WAY

Why trade 2 players who play the same and we end up with the older version - no chance (ok, well maybe pick 4 + Priddis for Palmer)

Way wide of the mark here Chops. Priddis only looks half decent in a woeful side and is not up to the quality of player Fremantle requires.

As a troll, this would rate right up there with the jesus was gay thread. Seems way too obvious, but as you haven't added anything after the op that is what it smells like.

I wont get into the whole hypothetical trade thing as it is the cardinal rule of drafting that you do not trade with a neighbour.

However for the record if Priddis was with us, he would certainly be best 22.

NO :D he is definately a 200 plus game potential champion for us ...... no need to worry about this years efforts....a bung leg always takes a year ....but Rhys has the determination to succeed and will continue to do the work to achieve that .....and that will make him a great player.....he is a reuired player imo :thumbsu:
You're going to look like a complete dick if he can't break into the team next year.

The loyalty is admirable but I'd do this deal in a heartbeat if it was a straight swap. Priddis is a bloody good extractor, Palmer is a fair bit of potential.

The stupid part is thinking WCE would be that stupid to trade their only decent midfielder for a guy who might be another Ebert/Scott Selwood/Masten.

You're going to look like a complete dick if he can't break into the team next year.

The loyalty is admirable but I'd do this deal in a heartbeat if it was a straight swap. Priddis is a bloody good extractor, Palmer is a fair bit of potential.

The stupid part is thinking WCE would be that stupid to trade their only decent midfielder for a guy who might be another Ebert/Scott Selwood/Masten.
What need is there for extractors in today's AFL? Teams no longer player on boggy grounds with cricket pitches in the corridor. Priddis is a good player of 20-30 years ago. Would not trade Palmer for him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What need is there for extractors in today's AFL? Teams no longer player on boggy grounds with cricket pitches in the corridor. Priddis is a good player of 20-30 years ago. Would not trade Palmer for him at all.

Let's name the extractors on the Top 4 sides.

1. Luke Ball
2. Joel Selwood
3. Lenny Hayes
4. Matthew Boyd/Daniel Cross

Every good team has a quality extractor Clay and they feature prominently.

Not that I want Priddis though ;)

It's funny how there is more love for Priddis on this board than the Eagles!:eek::D

What need is there for extractors in today's AFL?

Ball winners are valuable and Priddis's clearance work is top notch.

I think the question here is Palmer - if his mind can be refocussed to the task at hand he is a valuable player too.

Honestly chops.... Give yourself an uppercut. That's honestly the worst idea I have ever heard. About anything. My whole life. You should be embarrassed with yourself right now

Let's name the extractors on the Top 4 sides.

1. Luke Ball
2. Joel Selwood
3. Lenny Hayes
4. Matthew Boyd/Daniel Cross

Every good team has a quality extractor Clay and they feature prominently.

Not that I want Priddis though ;)
The first three have a lot more quality in their game than Priddis. Boyd is better than Cross, Cross is very much a Priddis type.

Priddis is get ball, get rid of ball. No creativity whatsoever in his play. A glorified Schammer.

Hear me out here.

We get rid of an honest trier of uncertain future quality.

We gain an honest trier of known quality, the type of player we could do with, at the top of their game.

We get rid of someone with questionable personal standing, and bring in someone who is a known hard worker and upstanding citizen.

Obviously we would need a few sweeteners thrown in, but could it be done, and would you be for it?

Discus.

Whilst I agree with the addage you don't trade with your neighbours the bolded part of Chop's post has me thinking that moving on Palmer could be a good thing due to some of the rumblings I have heard over the weekend.

The first three have a lot more quality in their game than Priddis. Boyd is better than Cross, Cross is very much a Priddis type.

Priddis is get ball, get rid of ball. No creativity whatsoever in his play. A glorified Schammer.

Not comparing their level of quality.

I'm just mentioning their names as they are 'extractors' and your of the opinion that teams don't need them in this day and age.

I could go on, Sam Mitchell, Jobe Watson...

I've heard stories from people who claim to know Palmer and Masten [funny how most of them usually mention both in the same breath] that they are bunch of w***ers. I can't say anything because I don't know them but when you continuously keep hearing same stories then you start to wonder if there's anything to it. I just hope that he wasn't considered in the finals because of form and not because his attitude stinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back