Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

JR#8 , your next project.....

Haha I'm running out of room.

I have now taken over the spare bedroom and turned it into a retro room. It's not 100% complete because I don't know if I'm happy with the current set up but overall it's alright. I'll have to take a photo or do a small video to show you!

Haha I'm running out of room.

I have now taken over the spare bedroom and turned it into a retro room. It's not 100% complete because I don't know if I'm happy with the current set up but overall it's alright. I'll have to take a photo or do a small video to show you!

Would love to see it!

As a present to myself for a year in a new job, went on a bit of a retro spree last few weeks. Finally have motivation to pay off current place to move into a bigger place and display them like yours haha.

On the retro front, was interesting to read up on the stuff I never knew about like the light guns only working on CRT TVs. Interesting reading.

Would love to see it!

As a present to myself for a year in a new job, went on a bit of a retro spree last few weeks. Finally have motivation to pay off current place to move into a bigger place and display them like yours haha.

On the retro front, was interesting to read up on the stuff I never knew about like the light guns only working on CRT TVs. Interesting reading.
Second games room vid!

Second games room vid!

That's awesome mate. I've unfortunately unloaded most of my gaming collectables almost entirely for space reasons so immensely jealous. Did you make those glass display cabinets or buy them? I've been a collector of historical objects for years and want to display them but have always struggled to find glass displays like those that also don't cost stupid amounts.

That's awesome mate. I've unfortunately unloaded most of my gaming collectables almost entirely for space reasons so immensely jealous. Did you make those glass display cabinets or buy them? I've been a collector of historical objects for years and want to display them but have always struggled to find glass displays like those that also don't cost stupid amounts.

Hey mate

Sucks that you had to unload some of the collectibles, but I can relate! I've pretty much stopped buying statues and CE's of games due to the amount of space they take up. When setting up this second room I culled a lot of stuff. Any dvds or blu rays that weren't gaming-related were gone. Some goes for any other items that weren't gaming related. I was just accumulating too much stuff and after 20+ years of collecting it was too much.

Because physical takes up so much room I had to really narrow it down to gaming-only items.

Regarding the display cabinets, I have three of them. In the main gaming room its a shop display which is really good quality but also very expensive. From memory, it was around $1200.

The small one in the video just posted is from Ikea. Only around $100. The larger one, my wife purchased for me as a surprise. It was from Facebook marketplace. Very nice quality. I just had to add the lighting in. She only paid $250 from memory.

Marketplace always has some for sale, if you keep looking you'll come across some really good ones for a decent price. The only issue is they are a pain in the arse to transport.

Hey mate

Sucks that you had to unload some of the collectibles, but I can relate! I've pretty much stopped buying statues and CE's of games due to the amount of space they take up. When setting up this second room I culled a lot of stuff. Any dvds or blu rays that weren't gaming-related were gone. Some goes for any other items that weren't gaming related. I was just accumulating too much stuff and after 20+ years of collecting it was too much.

Because physical takes up so much room I had to really narrow it down to gaming-only items.

Regarding the display cabinets, I have three of them. In the main gaming room its a shop display which is really good quality but also very expensive. From memory, it was around $1200.

The small one in the video just posted is from Ikea. Only around $100. The larger one, my wife purchased for me as a surprise. It was from Facebook marketplace. Very nice quality. I just had to add the lighting in. She only paid $250 from memory.

Marketplace always has some for sale, if you keep looking you'll come across some really good ones for a decent price. The only issue is they are a pain in the arse to transport.

Cool cheers, I'll look into those small ones for now. I've got a collection of things like old and ancient coins (oldest is a Roman coin from the time of Emperor Severus), stamps, WW2 uniforms (great conversation starters but probably not something to have on display these days lol) but kept away in boxes. They're things that visitors always want to check out and keeping them in a box feels like they're hidden away. Last year when we bought a smaller house so I had no choice but to clear out anything that wasn't essential and going to just take up room.

Cool cheers, I'll look into those small ones for now. I've got a collection of things like old and ancient coins (oldest is a Roman coin from the time of Emperor Severus), stamps, WW2 uniforms (great conversation starters but probably not something to have on display these days lol) but kept away in boxes. They're things that visitors always want to check out and keeping them in a box feels like they're hidden away. Last year when we bought a smaller house so I had no choice but to clear out anything that wasn't essential and going to just take up room.
Sounds like you have some amazing pieces!

I completely understand about it being hidden away. I had a lot of star wars things which I got rid of too. I basically said if I can't display it, get rid of it. No point having it sit in the cupboard unseen.

Ikea would be the most cost-effective way to start with the glass displays. But as mentioned, keep an eye on marketplace. Always good deals on there!

Second games room vid!

That's bloody awesome mate. Insanely jealous.

How old is the CRT TV? Wondering whether it's worth trying to track one down.

The Xbox display stand is 🔥

That's bloody awesome mate. Insanely jealous.

How old is the CRT TV? Wondering whether it's worth trying to track one down.

The Xbox display stand is 🔥

Cheers mate!

From memory, the CRT is a very late 99/early 2000 release. You can still get them cheap for around $50-$100 depending on the condition.

Definitely worth picking one up if you have the space. For me, it's the only way to play retro games!

Cheers mate!

From memory, the CRT is a very late 99/early 2000 release. You can still get them cheap for around $50-$100 depending on the condition.

Definitely worth picking one up if you have the space. For me, it's the only way to play retro games!

Ended up nabbing one from eBay for $50. :)

Is it common for the consoles to have black bars on NES/SNES? Overscan settings on the TV don't really help that much. Did you have to adjust them on the 64 for example.

Also didn't know light guns can be hit and miss on CRTVs as well.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up nabbing one from eBay for $50. :)

Is it common for the consoles to have black bars on NES/SNES? Overscan settings on the TV don't really help that much. Did you have to adjust them on the 64 for example.

Also didn't know light guns can be hit and miss on CRTVs as well.
Post a photo up so I can see. I fired up my SNES last week and couldn't remember seeing any black bars.

Light guns don't work on flat-screen CRT TVs. What make and model do you have?

lightguns don't work on HD CRTs but they do work with normal SD CRTs that happen to have a flat screen. coincidentally i just bought a couple of GCons (the first ones) on Friday and quickly amassed a bunch of Time Crisis games and its outrageous fun. i can't believe 2 player mode splits the screen in half though, doesn't make sense to me for a lightgun game, you should share the screen like in the arcade. apparently it's because these games do iLink so you hook up 2 TVs, 2 PS2s, 2 copies of the game and THEN you get your own screen each haha. that would be a great thing to have going though.

Post a photo up so I can see. I fired up my SNES last week and couldn't remember seeing any black bars.

Light guns don't work on flat-screen CRT TVs. What make and model do you have?

Phillips 21PT2302. 64, Gamecube all good. SNES I think has horizontal bars. NES full black border.

Just got Wild Gunman and the NES Zapper delivered today so was able to test and seemed to work ok. Coincidentally was a flat screen CRT I bought. Reading further online, seems to be as long as the refresh rate isn't high like 100hz and screen is native 480i, then should be all good. Glad it's working. Now to find Time Crisis like simba_ !

Was tempted to get this though.

Seeing how some of your games / collection rooms look I thought I'd share mine also..

I have been collecting for 12 years now time flies ...

My main collection is based on my childhood nostalgia and stuff that I really want ..

I love collecting Mortal Kombat as that's my all time favourite franchise..

Really into wrestling aswell ECW being my favourite company of all time now I'm squarely behind AEW but still do collect a lot of legend figures released..

Love love love horror Jason Voorhees is my main but love all horror actually went and seen evil dead rise tonight excellent blood filled gore fest ..

Love old media including VHS and Laserdisc especially the horror side of things as you can see my Blood Red Evil dead 2 laserdisc and my Fight Night 2 coffin VHS box

Masters of the universe is another thing I love to collect for especially Masterverse..

I love the NBA Chicago Bulls are my team all the way from Childhood Jordan days to Rose and now Lavine..

But I do love collecting jerseys recently added a Lakers Dennis Rodman for the obscurity factor.

Not video games have over 4 thousand off them have a awesome PS1 collection as that's my goat system games ranging from Madden 97 my childhood favourite NFL game to Tombi WWF Smackdown 2 Rival schools GTA and many many many more have a decent PS2 and 3 collection PS4 also ..

Have a really good Xbox OG and 360 collection..

Have a lot of boxed SNES NES and GB goodness

Dreamcast and Saturn is also pretty stocked with some classic titles ..

I'm most proud of my master system collection and mega drive ...

Also as you can tell I lovey arcade 1 ups as well the Simpsons and Big Blue are both modded to be able to play more games the Simpsons is my beatemups cabinet and big blue is my dedicated fighter..

NBA jam is original but gets played so much MK 2 also sadly TMNT not as much anymore

If you have Instagram and are into this kind of stuff fell free to give me a follow I post up stuff most days including new NBA card pickups and figures reviews Ect ..

And do post about port a little bit but not heaps so it won't clog up your feeds

Screenshot_20230420-232403~3.png Screenshot_20230420-232410~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232417~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232425~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232431~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232438~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232446~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232453~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232500~2.png Screenshot_20230420-232403~2.png

Seeing how some of your games / collection rooms look I thought I'd share mine also..

Not video games have over 4 thousand off them have a awesome PS1 collection as that's my goat system games ranging from Madden 97 my childhood favourite NFL game to Tombi WWF Smackdown 2 Rival schools GTA and many many many more have a decent PS2 and 3 collection PS4 also ..

Must be fun dusting the room (I have enough trouble trying to clean my dvds lol).

If I went generation to generation, I collected the most games on the Xbox 360 (500+). But the PSONE/PS2 era would be my favourite line up. That said the Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive eras were good.. didn't have as many games.

Over time I did have a decent collection via birthday/Christmas presents. The Mega Drive collection most grew via purchasing ex rental games from video shops.

Must be fun dusting the room (I have enough trouble trying to clean my dvds lol).

If I went generation to generation, I collected the most games on the Xbox 360 (500+). But the PSONE/PS2 era would be my favourite line up. That said the Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive eras were good.. didn't have as many games.

Over time I did have a decent collection via birthday/Christmas presents. The Mega Drive collection most grew via purchasing ex rental games from video shops.
Yeah it's pretty annoying lol ..

I live down Gawler way so it's pretty dusty all the time but I do the cleaning once a month and tear the machines down every three months ..

I loved / love the 360 / PS3 PS4 era only problem with that is a lot of the games need day one patches to actually work half decent lucky I have a few old fat ps3's with a lot of game save files ..

Growing up we had a Nes and Super Nintendo along with the Amiga Commodore Amstrad I'm lucky enough to be a younger brother to a guy that new how to copy games for the Amiga we had 100s I still have heaps now ..

The SNES was my main Saturday morning before school system use to love playing Super Mario World Doom Ghouls n Ghost NBA give n Go Killer instinct then we got a mega drive from Elizabeth cash converters I saved up from mowing lawns and my mega drive obsession never died

A Lot of my VHS and NES collection came from when I lived in a town called Manjimup in Western Australia they were closing down a local video shop I happened to purchase a majority of their old horror and 200 plus Nintendo games

My main collection is based on my childhood nostalgia and stuff that I really want ..

I love collecting Mortal Kombat as that's my all time favourite franchise..

Really into wrestling aswell ECW being my favourite company of all time now I'm squarely behind AEW but still do collect a lot of legend figures released..

Love love love horror Jason Voorhees is my main but love all horror actually went and seen evil dead rise tonight excellent blood filled gore fest ..

Love old media including VHS and Laserdisc especially the horror side of things as you can see my Blood Red Evil dead 2 laserdisc and my Fight Night 2 coffin VHS box

Masters of the universe is another thing I love to collect for especially Masterverse..

I love the NBA Chicago Bulls are my team all the way from Childhood Jordan days to Rose and now Lavine..

But I do love collecting jerseys recently added a Lakers Dennis Rodman for the obscurity factor.

Also as you can tell I lovey arcade 1 ups as well the Simpsons and Big Blue are both modded to be able to play more games the Simpsons is my beatemups cabinet and big blue is my dedicated fighter..

NBA jam is original but gets played so much MK 2 also sadly TMNT not as much anymore

If you have Instagram and are into this kind of stuff fell free to give me a follow I post up stuff most days including new NBA card pickups and figures reviews Ect ..

And do post about port a little bit but not heaps so it won't clog up your feeds

View attachment 1665995View attachment 1665996View attachment 1665997View attachment 1665998View attachment 1665999View attachment 1666000View attachment 1666001View attachment 1666002View attachment 1666003View attachment 1666005

Particularly love the MK stuff. Do you collect / own any of the 90s comics?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back