News Simon Lloyd replaces Hocking as GM football ops

Remove this Banner Ad

Phew, good thing he's starting the role at the end of the season. Considering he coached last week's win vs Sydney, and coached all the matches which we won this season. Would've been a big loss if he stopped coaching this week and Chris Scott had to go back into the coaching role :p

Seriously though great news for Simon and the club! :)

maybe they just created the Director of Coaching position to get him over to Geelong

seems to be an incredibly credentialed person.
He surpassed some at the club who have been there longer

I called this when it was first announced that Steve was off to headquarters.

Hard to know how he is, but better than Lethlean which some suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm....hate to break it to you.
They aren't related.

What are you talking about? Spitting image.

24012b411556d7c84679fd96dcf63128.jpg

Phew, good thing he's starting the role at the end of the season. Considering he coached last week's win vs Sydney, and coached all the matches which we won this season. Would've been a big loss if he stopped coaching this week and Chris Scott had to go back into the coaching role :p

Seriously though great news for Simon and the club! :)
I could have sworn he was coaching the Richmond game
Thinking.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

full-time ruck coach?
Be more interested in another development coach, but more broadly think an injection of ideas from external to Geelong (or guys coached by Leigh Matthews) could be handy.

Be more interested in another development coach, but more broadly think an injection of ideas from external to Geelong (or guys coached by Leigh Matthews) could be handy.
Haven't we been there, done that?

Scott
Caracalla
Lappin
O'Bree
T.Selwood

I'd be keen to move on to the next big thing which, as much as it pains me, is Hawthorn. Hope we get Hodge as rumoured.

Haven't we been there, done that?

Scott
Caracalla
Lappin
O'Bree
T.Selwood

I'd be keen to move on to the next big thing which, as much as it pains me, is Hawthorn. Hope we get Hodge as rumoured.

I suspect you and thejester are at cross purposes here, I think he's saying we've had enough of them.

"ESSENDON champion Matthew Lloyd says his brother Simon, currently an assistant at Fremantle, would love to be an AFL coach." Interesting from Matthew on his brother back in mid 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So happy with his appointment.

Very smart man with a great footy brain, great move by the club.

Down to earth and has time for the fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back