News Simon Lloyd replaces Hocking as GM football ops

Remove this Banner Ad

medium

Except not.. clearly related.. PS, i'm pretty happy with the appointment, will be interesting to see what replacing or shuffling around of resources they'll do.

It's not clear hence why I brought up they don't look alike :p

And this one has brains whereas his brother is a bimbo :)

Haven't we been there, done that?

Scott
Caracalla
Lappin
O'Bree
T.Selwood

I'd be keen to move on to the next big thing which, as much as it pains me, is Hawthorn. Hope we get Hodge as rumoured.
Sorry, that's what I meant - we have a stack of guys from that 'school', we need something new.

I'm not as big on Hodge, though. We need new ideas but I also think we could probably use some guys who are actually trained in the business of education rather than ex-players. As was mentioned in another thread poaching someone from within Adelaide or Sydney's development program would seem ideal.

Should last night's Channel 7 ins/outs prove correct I think Hocking's first job when he sits at his desk in HO will be to write to Simon Lloyd to suggest there's a leak from the Geelong MC meeting over consecutive Wednesday's which undermines 7's paid for right to be the first to report teams for the weekend. That should be rather funny. As an issue it amounts to nothing but if the leak was directed to channel 9 there might be some seriously unhappy people at 7.

I wonder what sort of reply Hocking might expect.

Good appointment, the man heading the team is the man who has had a hand in it already, minimal disruption and ready to go as soon as the season ends.

in the future I can see Chris Scott moving to be football boss then eventually to CEO and Joel takes over as coach at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We even gave Hocking to the AFL so he could sort them out.
No! He was our sleeper cell at AFL House to destroy the Tigers dynasty and change all the rules to our betterment!

/Tiger nuffie

in the future I can see Chris Scott moving to be football boss then eventually to CEO and Joel takes over as coach at some point.
Deep down, will he be more a Cat or a Lion?
2 flags at Brisbane, played 215 games
2 flags at Geelong(so far), coached 286 games(so far).
Probably an immortal at both clubs.

Last edited:
Deep down, will he be more a Cat or a Lion?
2 flags at Brisbane, played 215 games
2 flags at Geelong(so far), coached 286 games(so far).
Probably an immortal at both clubs.

Cat and by some distance for mine. I haven't always been in his corner, but after this year he'll now go down as one of the greats of the Geelong Football Club as you say.

If he wins us one more he's getting a statue.

Cat and by some distance for mine. I haven't always been in his corner, but after this year he'll now go down as one of the greats of the Geelong Football Club as you say.

If he wins us one more he's getting a statue.
Agree, but was referring to his own estimations.
Is playing in 2 premierships > coaching 2 flags?
I can't imagine us with any other coach- really rate him- always have- but in time, just wonder where Chris will have his overall allegiance.
Imagine a BTB result in 2023...almost impossible to believe without Selwood and early on Hawkins, but they have their mojo,
but for the rest,

One would of thought - that a nice fresh crisp Premiership win on the resume - is not going to do his chances any harm whatsoever
Can't think of another CEO who has had more exposure to the various parts of the football dept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back