SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find any u19 thread so thought I'd post it here. What a thug that number 14 is, that could've ended in serious damage. Anything below 8 weeks would be a light punishment
View attachment 1500882
His team mate is in a 8 on 1 scenario and he pushes/bumps a bloke in the back.

8 weeks - WTF

Cranbourne vs city

- who do you have ?

- and why ?

Interesting game, Cranny should be too strong on experience and form and I haven't seen many games but from reports Swan has been the main driver for Citys form and will be a huge loss, They managed well against Dingley without Fevola so not sure that will be much of a loss, Magner has come back in and will pick up extra load, City have strong depth of 20-23yo that have come out of there successful 19s program which will provide the run and pace that will worry Cranbourne.

Interesting game, Cranny should be too strong on experience and form and I haven't seen many games but from reports Swan has been the main driver for Citys form and will be a huge loss, They managed well against Dingley without Fevola so not sure that will be much of a loss, Magner has come back in and will pick up extra load, City have strong depth of 20-23yo that have come out of there successful 19s program which will provide the run and pace that will worry Cranbourne.
City have had this never say die attitude and belief this finals series, no Swan is a big loss but Edwards is tearing it up at Linton St.
Though Cranbourne are just very solid. Leaning towards Cranbourne although I do hope City win so we could potentially see a Fev and Swan grand final, would be one for the ages.

City have had this never say die attitude and belief this finals series, no Swan is a big loss but Edwards is tearing it up at Linton St.
Though Cranbourne are just very solid. Leaning towards Cranbourne although I do hope City win so we could potentially see a Fev and Swan grand final, would be one for the ages.
Yeah it’s been the city “2nd stringers“ that have been so impressive and were great against my doggies.

Really impressed the way they run and play .
If the can contain holt and Dickson then it could be City v Chelt

Key match ups
Kelm v boland
DeGois v Holt
Cochrane v Dickson
Edwards v Osborne
Potts v Carosella
Andrews v Roscoe

With Fevola out with Hoy be tempted to throw DeGois forward?? Arguably the best full back in the comp but can also be a dangerous forward..

With Fevola out with Hoy be tempted to throw DeGois forward?? Arguably the best full back in the comp but can also be a dangerous forward..
Would be a big call to make. Has beaten holt twice this season. Irving didnt play fwd last time vs cranbourne either. What are the chances fev doesnt play?

Side not. B. Osborne by far the best FB in the comp

Last edited:
I’m hearing the following

Swan - out
Fevola - out
Magner - out

Going to be a tough day for city with those 3 out .

If you were a bookie you would be giving 4-1 for city to win

Would be a monuments coaching performance by Ryan Hoy is city can get chokies with those 3 out.

Does anyone know what happened to Liam Sumner playing for St Paul’s this year? Every time I checked he didn’t seem to be playing.

Swan and Fev missing todays game was big, would have liked them to miss last week, but that’s footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St kilda city dominated most areas of the game nearly all thete goals were kickable. They were very hard at it but could not convert inside 50. Cranbourne are very skillful and will need a dry deck to compete with Cheltenham.

City dominated the whole game !

Poor kicking cost them big time !

But the two best teams for the season will play off

Chelt to do Cranbourne by 10 goals plus

Any news on the possibility of Bonbeach and Chelsea coming into the SFNL in 2023? Or to early to tell
Bonbeach are playing off in MPNFL D1 GF (lot higher standard than this league)…..so have no reason on coming across here. Chelsea on the other hand have been treading water for quite some time now….doubt they move across especially with main rivals Edi Asp in D2 next year but you never know 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Does anyone know what happened to Liam Sumner playing for St Paul’s this year? Every time I checked he didn’t seem to be playing.

Swan and Fev missing todays game was big, would have liked them to miss last week, but that’s footy.

Did some damage to his knee about 5 rounds out before end of season. Finally gave it in last round as was struggling to get around.

what crap coming out of dingley ,

I know first hand ades was sacked as coach.

He was fully committed to retire as a player and focus on coaching the club .

Dingley showing there true colours .

Sacking a coach in his first full season at the club !

I thought dingley were better than that 😂

what crap coming out of dingley ,

I know first hand ades was sacked as coach.

He was fully committed to retire as a player and focus on coaching the club .

Dingley showing there true colours .

Sacking a coach in his first full season at the club !

I thought dingley were better than that 😂
They must have someone REALLY good lined up then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back