SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Cranbourne played on 22 player points on Saturday, the same as the Second Semi Final team against Cheltenham which had 22 pts also so not sure if you were there watching or just heard about it , in fact Fox not playing full forward for Chelt could have been a factor but Cranbournes smaller team seemed suited to the wet weather, the Rosellas had won 16 straight games so it was devastating just like 2019. Bentleigh winning 3 games for the season need to keep their U 19s but time will tell
Might be wrong but think and afl Vic rule is that all when a club changes leagues that all players that transfer become 1 pointers

I see ole mate Pete Marshall stepping down from SFL umpires! Will be a massive job to replace him, a legend in Umpiring cirlcles, enjoy the retirement Pete.
Who steps up down there now?
Been great and brings a great level of common sense to the comp.
Hopefully they can change his mind.
The previous bloke , John , was absolutely useless

Might be wrong but think and afl Vic rule is that all when a club changes leagues that all players that transfer become 1 pointers
Point was that Cranbourne didn’t lose any players from 2nd Semi to the Grand Final side to the Casey Demons, think Buntine played the week after in the VFL Grand Final, doesn’t matter now Cranbourne deserved to win on the day

WHO IS HE
2008 premiership player, long time player/committee member and now has his own kids coming up through the ranks.

He was an absolute wrecking ball back in the day.

Brother of Paul Smith who coached the womens inaugral team in 2022.

Pete is a legend and is ex.St Peters so hopefully can get a few of that 17's team across.

The coach from that 17's team has been appointed 19's coach at Beena so you'd expect a few players go there also. r

Pretty sure Glen Eira have named their 19s Old Mckinnon now too.
St Pauls have announced a 19s coach... have they already got the numbers for a team?
You would hope the league manages to pull more 19s teams in over this years effort.
Hoping to get a side together for sure

I think it’s the same president they have had for years. I know him vaguely through cricket and he seems like a decent bloke. Has certainly made his club relevant again in a very, very crowded local market when they had been wallowing in the bottom grades of the VAFA.

Any club without aligned juniors who tries to build a relationship with a local school deserves to be complemented, not vilified. Not having a shot at Ormond or St Pauls here but they both have strong juniors and have no claims over kids from McKinnon Secondary (which is hardly a renowned football nursery) or any other school for that matter. Remember GE efforts to establish juniors were vetoed by neighbouring SMJFL clubs so I guess they had to do something.

I know bugger all about them other then they are the result of multiple mergers over the years. Good on them for trying to keep their club (s) alive and they obviously are doing something right if kids want to play there. Plenty of other SFL clubs just can’t be bothered making the effort to establish U19, which is why 15 years after its reintroduction the 19s comp is still failing to thrive.

A large amount of juniors at St Paul's go to McKinnon SC. The one year in particular when Glen Eira got their 19's up and running it took something like 15 players from the under 17's who were at St Pauls which essentially killed off our 19's for that year and have since struggled with the Mckinnon/GE link.

This year hopefully we get it up and running again as it's extremely important to have a 19's team

A large amount of juniors at St Paul's go to McKinnon SC. The one year in particular when Glen Eira got their 19's up and running it took something like 15 players from the under 17's who were at St Pauls which essentially killed off our 19's for that year and have since struggled with the Mckinnon/GE link.

This year hopefully we get it up and running again as it's extremely important to have a 19's team

We have also since last year joined the junior and senior club into one entity, and had the juniors now wearing the same jumpers etc.

This in addition to higher level of senior player engagement with juniors (and the president of the juniors playing in the seniors/ressies) so we should be well placed in the future

And about the same from Ormond

We have also since last year joined the junior and senior club into one entity, and had the juniors now wearing the same jumpers etc.

This in addition to higher level of senior player engagement with juniors (and the president of the juniors playing in the seniors/ressies) so we should be well placed in the future
You should just change the name to McKinnon

You should just change the name to McKinnon

Technically we are "St Paul's McKinnon Football Netball Club" but you wouldn't know it via our socials etc. I know Pete Smith and the guys are working hard behind the scenes to get a team up for 2023 so will know soon enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point was that Cranbourne didn’t lose any players from 2nd Semi to the Grand Final side to the Casey Demons, think Buntine played the week after in the VFL Grand Final, doesn’t matter now Cranbourne deserved to win on the day
Different buntine. Only time cranbourne didnt play with 22 pts is when they had 2 vfl players available. All either cranbourne juniors or at the least played u19s at the club and progressed naturally

Josh Caddy to Port Colts
Hearing a few ex tigers playing to follow
Good for the league I guess

Lets hope they can get better at controlling their supporters at home games ?
I presume your talking about the incident with the umpire after the game , which to my knowledge was the only incident for the year , but a serious one at that. I know that the person in question was dealt with swiftly and was barred for the rest of the season , The opposition supporters sit amongst the colts supporters most games , as toilets , canteen and social rooms on the one side , and there was never any trouble , Certainly have some boisterous supporters like most clubs , so I think it’s a bit unfair to be saying what you did , certainly a incident that no one wants to happen at there club ,Think your comment was a bit unfair. Anyway bring on 2023 , my opinion the league is getting stronger each year , which only can be a good thing.

I presume your talking about the incident with the umpire after the game , which to my knowledge was the only incident for the year , but a serious one at that. I know that the person in question was dealt with swiftly and was barred for the rest of the season , The opposition supporters sit amongst the colts supporters most games , as toilets , canteen and social rooms on the one side , and there was never any trouble , Certainly have some boisterous supporters like most clubs , so I think it’s a bit unfair to be saying what you did , certainly a incident that no one wants to happen at there club ,Think your comment was a bit unfair. Anyway bring on 2023 , my opinion the league is getting stronger each year , which only can be a good thing.

We'll said

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll said

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes a good summary, but there was more than one person involved, wonder if they were also sanctioned ???? Anyway its hard to offer a clear opinion if you didn't witness it swan1968, so i won't elaborate any further, suffice to say, it was ugly and that's being polite.
I'm looking forward to next season as i agree with you, the comp is getting stronger with some good coaches and players coming in.

Yes a good summary, but there was more than one person involved, wonder if they were also sanctioned ???? Anyway its hard to offer a clear opinion if you didn't witness it swan1968, so i won't elaborate any further, suffice to say, it was ugly and that's being polite.
I'm looking forward to next season as i agree with you, the comp is getting stronger with some good coaches and players coming in.
I witnessed it . Your referring to the elder gentleman who had to be calmed down, because that was the only other problem, I really do think your making out it was bigger than it was , No one was assaulted or hurt , the police were called , no charges laid , the umpires didn’t take it further , the league didn’t take it further , The club dealt with it almost immediately.But the bottom line is that it should never ever happen , and as a whole , the club was extremely disappointed and embarrassed, but because you get 1-2 bad apples,it shouldn’t reflect on the club as a whole . As the saying goes , you can pick your team but you can’t pick your supporters , All the best to you and your team for 2023 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back