Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2017 Phantom Draft (incl Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Nathan Kreuger get a mention Snoop Dog . I've seen a lot of him at Noarlunga and while his attributes are obvious, he struggled a little in 2017 with both injury- and never being given a stable position. South Adelaide played a very small forward line for most of the season, which meant Kreuger was often on a flank, the wing, in the middle, or down back. He played a "Mr Fix-it" type role which did little to help his stock but saw the Panthers have a very good season, until the finals.

I actually see his best position as an inside midfielder. He has an elite first two steps and his wing-span is enormous, meaning he can get to the ball very quickly and dispose to an outside player. I just don't think he has the strength or attributes to play as a tall forward. The package below is very interesting. Souths were well on top in this game, but I thought Kreuger showed a glimpse of his athletic ability as an inside midfielder- and his tackling is also very good.

Thanks again for a fantastic write-up.

Will go to Port if there at 46.

Thanks Snoop, always have appreciated your work and analysis.

I think that most supporters problem with regards to Allen is that we feel like with have quite a few of those smaller tall forward types already in Waterman, M Allen and Darling. There is also some expectation that Lamb will be re-rookied not that many of us have high hopes for him.

We have lost Priddis and Mitchell from the midfield this year without any real replacements ready unless Venables becomes what we hope he is after a preseason. As such I guess most of us are hoping for an inside midfielder to replace those that we have lost or a small forward to rectify a long standing issue for us. Given what was available from your available selections most people's preference would be to go for Constable or Higgins here. I would be interested to know similar to Ryan if you had heard any whispers for this pick.

Agree the Eagles need midfielders, but the more I think about the more I think Allen is just too good to be overlooked for them. Performed tremendously well all year, plenty of scope for physical development even if already a very impressive physique, absolutely top notch young man and just looks and acts a future captain in everything he does whether on or off field.

From what I've seen, M Allen is a long way from even WAFL competency, I liked Waterman's game as a junior but still long way to go in terms of delivering in senior football as well as being hit hard by injury this year and Darling is a good footballer sufficient to partner Kennedy for a few years yet, but I just get the feel you don't get the chance to bring the combination of player and person of Allen into your club all that often.

# 12 Adelaide

AARON NAUGHTON – PEEL THUNDER / KEY DEFENDER / 194cm

Been a terrific story this year and one of those players that has just gotten better and better with every outing. Had a really good Champs where he showcased his ability to shutdown opponents, intercept and then attack and then went on to have a real impact at senior level in the WAFL Seniors where he was regularly among their better players. For mine it’s his intercepting and marking that are his stand out trait and like Weitering probably at a size that he could start as a 3rd tall defender from Rd 1. Tested particularly well in endurance and agility so only enhanced his prospects at Combine. The knock is his kicking. It doesn’t look great but its effective.

Why / Who else

Would love Darcy but I cant see it. Naughton gives them a class partner for Talia and Keath long term. With Hartigan and Talia getting to that 27/28 yo range time might be right to take a key defender for the future here.

Nice effort as always!

Both Hartigan and Talia have only just turned 26 in the past month and with Keath there as well. If we're going for a tall defender it's to replace Lever, not Talia/Hartigan.

Brander would hold more interest because of his ability to play forward, especially given Jenkins and Walker will be 29 and 28 by the start of next season. Even Tim Lynch is over 12 months older than Talia and Hartigan at 27.

Midfield's probably where it's more at for us and of those you had available at our pick, Higgins is the one that I could see us picking. With Charlie Cameron leaving, there's a spot up forward available. Pyke has also talked strongly about versatility and having flankers who can rotate through the midfield, Higgins fits this bill, he is also described as highly professional, which our recruiters absolutely love.

Quite liked the Ben Miller selection at 42.

Very mobile for such a big fella and a lovely kick. Has he been shoe horned into the ruck and not played as a KPF much?

Great hands and nicely weighted hand balls coming out.
Could be a perfect foil for Darcy if he shows some competency as a forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the thinking. He aint a ruck for mine.

Nice effort as always!

Both Hartigan and Talia have only just turned 26 in the past month and with Keath there as well. If we're going for a tall defender it's to replace Lever, not Talia/Hartigan.

Brander would hold more interest because of his ability to play forward, especially given Jenkins and Walker will be 29 and 28 by the start of next season. Even Tim Lynch is over 12 months older than Talia and Hartigan at 27.

Midfield's probably where it's more at for us and of those you had available at our pick, Higgins is the one that I could see us picking. With Charlie Cameron leaving, there's a spot up forward available. Pyke has also talked strongly about versatility and having flankers who can rotate through the midfield, Higgins fits this bill, he is also described as highly professional, which our recruiters absolutely love.

yeah he could absolutely go there. talk is they are keen on a running back / mid as well.

You are missing The crows Pick 77. A pick we got with Gibbs. We may pass but if Edwarsd is still there I think we will use it on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty sure we are using this pick and the next to upgrade keath and greenwood to senior list

No as they are already upgraded. Rookies are no longer live selections. we have 36 players on the senior list currently. This includes Keath and Greenwood. So we have 4 spots available 12, 39, 77, 109

I think you are confused. Either that or I am.
In the old draft system the clubs were required to say eg “pick 77 rookie upgrade: Greenwood.”

Now that is organised beforehand and the two draft picks are removed from the draft board, but the rookie upgrades still happen, in the same way.

In other words, you have 4 picks, but 2 have already been allocated to rookie upgrades, so a Phantom draft needs only mention 2.
Thanks.

Probably using the two picks and using the other two as additional rookie picks.

I think you are confused. Either that or I am.
In the old draft system the clubs were required to say eg “pick 77 rookie upgrade: Greenwood.”

Now that is organised beforehand and the two draft picks are removed from the draft board, but the rookie upgrades still happen, in the same way.

In other words, you have 4 picks, but 2 have already been allocated to rookie upgrades, so a Phantom draft needs only mention 2.

He is right. We have already announced th upgrades. These arnt used as picks any more. We have 4 spots left. If you take away the upgrades it would make 6 spots left. So Pick 12, 39, 77, 109, Rookie Upgrade, rookie Upgrade. We wont use 109 so we will go in with a list of 39 or maybe 38 if there is no one left we rate. If some slips down though we will use it. if Edwards is still there dont be surprised to see us use 77 on him.

He is right. We have already announced th upgrades. These arnt used as picks any more. We have 4 spots left. If you take away the upgrades it would make 6 spots left. So Pick 12, 39, 77, 109, Rookie Upgrade, rookie Upgrade. We wont use 109 so we will go in with a list of 39 or maybe 38 if there is no one left we rate. If some slips down though we will use it. if Edwards is still there dont be surprised to see us use 77 on him.

My understanding is the crows are intending to go with a senior list of 38 hence why I took the two and then took the additional 4 in the rookie draft.

Have Crows nominated Edwards yet for the National Draft. i think they had to last Friday or do they still have time?

My understanding is the crows are intending to go with a senior list of 38 hence why I took the two and then took the additional 4 in the rookie draft.

Have Crows nominated Edwards yet for the National Draft. i think they had to last Friday or do they still have time?

No we didnt nominate him. You may be right and we may go into next years with a squad of 38. If someone slips to 77 though such as Edwards we may pick him if we rate them higher than that. We have done that before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back