Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if there's an artist you used to love, and still like THOSE songs, but you hate their current discography?! Does that count? haha....

Yep! That'd be fine. As long as you don't really listen to them much anymore, you can still like the song you nominate that you liked when you were younger.

My young pree teen/teen list: (not including the band ive nommed)

Fall out boy
Disturbed
Mudvayne
Greenday
Nickelback
Finger Eleven
Pink
Muse
Rammstein
Evanescence
The Used
RHCP
Coldplay
Slipknot
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Five FInger Death Punch
Papa Roach

Does anyone else strongly associate music with whatever activity etc. they were into/doing when they first/most listened to it?

For example I will always associate Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa's Young Wild and Free with this Pokemon egg site where you had Pokemon eggs and you had to receive clicks from other users to hatch them, and so you would go to random users' pages and click all their eggs and if they were nice they'd return the favour.

Fall out boy
Disturbed
Mudvayne
Greenday
Nickelback
Finger Eleven
Pink
Muse
Rammstein
Evanescence
The Used
RHCP
Coldplay
Slipknot
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Five FInger Death Punch
Papa Roach
Have also considered a few of these... Sigh. Y U DO THIS SM :'(:tearsofjoy:

Apparently I need to be upset with Raveneyes

200w.webp

Fall out boy
Disturbed
Mudvayne
Greenday
Nickelback
Finger Eleven
Pink
Muse
Rammstein
Evanescence
The Used
RHCP
Coldplay
Slipknot
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Five FInger Death Punch
Papa Roach
It's not great but it's nowhere near as embarrassing as the stuff me and NinjaSwan mentioned. A few good bands in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else strongly associate music with whatever activity etc. they were into/doing when they first/most listened to it?

For example I will always associate Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa's Young Wild and Free with this Pokemon egg site where you had Pokemon eggs and you had to receive clicks from other users to hatch them, and so you would go to random users' pages and click all their eggs and if they were nice they'd return the favour.

I was recovering from a major spine operation when I started really getting into RHCP... So I kinda associate their music with that time I was bed ridden for a couple of months lol

I've got plenty of music that brings me back to frantic late night study sessions.

I can almost taste the fear.

I associate one of the albums by The Corrs with doing jigsaw puzzles lol... because I would listen to it and do jigsaw puzzles at the same time XD

I could never study at the same time as listening to music because I get into the music too much and it distracts me. I still can't.

I usually found the fear of failure kept me on my toes enough to do both.

Alright nominations have slowed for the night so I'm jumping off my work laptop, will get through any overnight noms tomorrow morning. Probably aiming for a song release around 8pm tomorrow night but will update depending on work requirements.

Alright nominations have slowed for the night so I'm jumping off my work laptop, will get through any overnight noms tomorrow morning. Probably aiming for a song release around 8pm tomorrow night but will update depending on work requirements.
One of those will be mine lol... Once I bloody decide what song I'm picking.:huh:

You’re such a Sheldon.
Bazoopers
I'm looking at my Last.fm scrobbles from 2007. None of the bands on there I dislike, even though some I haven't listened to for a while.

I refuse to nom something from when I was 7-years-old. That was all Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys! lol... :/
Every time I see scrobble:

Alright, here it is, pretty cringeworthy stuff (plays might be off because I don't think it counted those on my iPod, just laptop):
View attachment 469792
View attachment 469791
Dude 3OH!3 goes off. Loved this song.

Definitely had nothing to do with Katy Perry being in the clip. Nothing at all to do with that. Nope.
My first musical purchase was the cassingle of Charles and Eddie's 'Would I Lie To You".
Let's not talk about first musical purchases again please.

Wynter Gordon's Dirty Talk and Justice Crew's Friday to Sunday remind me of when we went to Noosa after Christmas one year and my cousin and I played our own 5 event Ashes series, and I got stuck being England.

He was way more athletic, older, and better at cricket than I was but jokes on him because I won the 2 video game (Stick Cricket + Ricky Ponting International Cricket) and board game (Super Cricket, remake of Test Match I think) matches to take out the series 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back