Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here, but do you guys always talk s**t? nice bluff

Ha, there's definitely some banter in here and even some factioning to a degree, some of us have been playing for years (and have crossover with the Sweet FA footy sim/banter league). Probably not much of a bluff here though as mine is far from a nom I would normally do but one I would definitely only put up for a round like this.

My wife agrees and has also told me my song is the best by far in this contest which means I'm definitely getting the Billy.
It's a pity Trent's never done Wacken, maybe next year. He did do Hellfest last month which had a pretty amazing lineup.

Ha, there's definitely some banter in here and even some factioning to a degree, some of us have been playing for years (and have crossover with the Sweet FA footy sim/banter league). Probably not much of a bluff here though as mine is far from a nom I would normally do but one I would definitely only put up for a round like this.
I've noticed certain bands, mostly mainstream or popular get trashed bigtime here. Like Muse. The big hit rock songs tend to always rate high (safe noms) This is a challenging week particularly being new. Do people rate screamo, possibly not. I'm tipping Judas Priest probably ranks high because its a nice song, not wanky, not mainstream.

not much of a bluff here though as mine is far from a nom I would normally do but one I would definitely only put up for a round like this.
AKA not a whore.

The big hit rock songs tend to always rate high (safe noms)
AKA whores.

Do people rate screamo
If by screamo you mean screamo (The Used, Senses Fail, Thursday), then no.

If by screamo you mean generally heavy music, then also no (in general, a minority of us are fans).

It's a pity Trent's never done Wacken, maybe next year. He did do Hellfest last month which had a pretty amazing lineup.

Oh yeah, I heard all about Hellfest and how Health got up and did their song with NIN and how all her bands were there but never in Australia. Saying that it did look like a top lineup (even if I wouldn't have left the main stage and she would be pretty well parked in the Temple).

I nommed a harmless song by The Used once and got hardly any votes at all. Largely ignored.

And it's pretty funny what gets billied sometimes. I got the billy for Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody. Snow Patrol is a risk of being billied. Some soft/alternative rock really doesn't do well. I feel like people artist-billy sometimes. If I ever nommed Lostprophets I'd be billied because of what the campaigner of a lead singer did in his personal life, even if the song is enjoyable.

I nommed a harmless song by The Used once and got hardly any votes at all. Largely ignored.

And it's pretty funny what gets billied sometimes. I got the billy for Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody. Snow Patrol is a risk of being billied. Some soft/alternative rock really doesn't do well. I feel like people artist-billy sometimes. If I ever nommed Lostprophets I'd be billied because of what the campaigner of a lead singer did in his personal life, even if the song is enjoyable.

I think we've all artist billied in the past. It takes a lot for me to bypass Madonna for example.

Don't let these shitlords influence you, Purps. Their Contest is designed to weed out anyone nominating good music, and distill it down to the blandest most normative essence. They legitimately put a hit out on humble bard, General Soreness.

Remember when Glass Animals won the Billy? Good times 😂
They've won a couple. Not surprising given their last album was complete and utter tosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IT's really hard to do. To compare music from different genres and I reckon you've gotta go in with an open mind. I'm not terribly fond of screamo but I'm trying to identify the various aspects to the song and appreciate it. All being said, I'll probably never vote a screamo high without a screamo week.
That's how I started as well. I thought it was a good chance to listen to stuff I otherwise wouldn't and find something of value in the music I would normally just skip past. But I've come to learn (and thank you to everyone in the Song Contest for teaching me) that there is a lot of completely irredeemably shite music out there.

Agreed tubbs.

I hope he nommed Mayhem.

Happy Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

I think we've all artist billied in the past. It takes a lot for me to bypass Madonna for example.
I'd try not to artist billy, but mine would almost certainly be U2 with the exception of a couple of songs

U2 and Arctic Monkeys for me.

UB40 always attract Billy votes.

Placebo are a very popular artist billy here.

I don't artist billy but it would have to take something seriously s**t for me to overlook someone like Imagine Dragons.
I wouldn't call Imagine Dragons an artist billy, rare case where every song is just genuinely s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back