Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love just putting the playlist on the tv when the opportunity arises, sitting down and sharing a wine with the missus to listen.
We’ve nearly had punch ons over the votes😂
My wife nearly punches on because she hates the song contest haha. I've taken to listening on headphones while she's zoning out with whatever crappy reality TV show is making her forget about the stresses of life.

Who were the three idiots who billied the Three Tenors? Morons.
5. Grant Lee Buffalo - Wish You Well
4. Primus - Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
3. Dirty Three - Great Waves
2. America - Ventura Highway
1. ZZ Top - Brown Sugar

BM: The Three Tenors - Nessun Dorma
Always knew you were cultureless.

Well, I'm really happy there. My love for GLP/B is well known and my only goal was getting them a win. A great song. They are now retired by me, probably.

New theme will be the following:

Literature

Song title or artist can be a reference to a work of literature ie a book. If done before then meh, it's a deep theme.

No former podiums.

Noms by 9pm Thursday.

EQ 3rd - seeker lover keeper - 22 votes - TubbsFarquhar

America - Ventura Highway - 22 votes - MP_

And our winner with 36 votes is Grant Lee Buffalo - wish you well - The Filth Wizard

Congratulations.
Hell Yeah Good Job GIF by HBO Max

As for my nom, it's one of my fav ever songs and the reason for my theme.

I've listened to it a million times and was under pressure getting the house ready for an inspection and doing the playlist and just chose one that came up on YouTube without listening to it.

Ah well. My mistake.

I'd be pretty keen to hear what everyone's top 5 discoveries have been from the song contest.
The recent contest where I found 2 groups to listen to more

First Aid Kit

Chevy Thunder by Spector

5. Even though I'm a woman - simple and good song! Not much more to say TubbsFarquhar
4. Jerry was a Race car driver - Whatever is happening with that bass is pretty cool and weird. Interesting effect but the singer is a little annoying Ulahoopski
3. Roxeanne - Iconic! Nice song but I heard it so many times so I can't give it more than 3. DaRick
2. Great Waves - I felt like it took me to a nice place. GreyCrow
1. Guten tag hop clop - I always struggle to find a 5th song I like, I felt this was billy-bait so I voted for it instead! Purple7x08_24
Billy: ZZ Top - Not for me eth-dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great 90's band JTG, IIRC they wrote this (or the next album) supporting The Smashing Pumpkins on the Melon Collie tour of the USA. Worth looking up more.
I love the smashing pumpkins too. I will do for sure.

Well, I'm really happy there. My love for GLP/B is well known and my only goal was getting them a win. A great song. They are now retired by me, probably.

New theme will be the following:

Literature

Song title or artist can be a reference to a work of literature ie a book. If done before then meh, it's a deep theme.

No former podiums.

Noms by 9pm Thursday.
the_interloper - get in here!

Probably the people driving the cars around me when I increased the volume as Pavarotti started

Come off it, grandma... Next thing you'll be nominating Andre Rieu

The reason why I billied "Nessun Dorma" is that it's played out, clichéd and BORING

We've all heard it a thousand times before.... in elevators... in supermarkets... for breakfast cereal ads... ads for haemorrhoid creams

How about nominating a song by Three Tenors that isn't 'Nessun Dorma' ?

Or is that the only one you know?

5. The Jam - That's Entertainment - Rodney Dangerfield
4. Grant Lee Buffalo - Wish You Well - The Filth Wizard
3. RUFUS DU SOL - Next To Me - Loonerty
2. The Happy Fits - Heart of a Dancer - SM
1. Spiderbait - It's Beautiful - Riviat (after a few billies, you're back in my votes!)

Billy: Muse - Neuron Star Collision - Jazny (I feel guilty because you gave me 5, but this was the moment I realised Muse turned crap. I liked most of their stuff up until this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back