Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Tonga Bob, Theme: Like a Version, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Equal 9th - Everything Everything - Reactor - 13 votes - TubbsFarquhar
INXS - Guns on the Sky - 13 votes - Tonga Bob
8th - Lost Years - Nuclear - 15 votes, 1 billy - Purple7x08_24
Equal 6th - Hot Chip - How Do You Do - 15 votes - por_please_ya
The Cure - The End of the World - 15 votes - Dinsdale
5th - Thursday - War All the Time - 15 votes,1 billy - hotchilli
omgfridge just checking was hotchilli meant to be 16+ votes mate? (got 252/255 votes and 17/17 billies)

Last edited:
omgfridge just checking was hotchilli meant to be 16+ votes mate? (got 252/255 votes and 17/17 billies)
Fixed, he was 17 votes, 1 billy

Which leaves 1 vote. One user voted themselves for a 5, I bumped everything up one and they never gave me another single vote so that's the mystery there. Could of DQd them but they did vote and it didn't impact top 3/billy.

Fixed, he was 17 votes, 1 billy

Which leaves 1 vote. One user voted themselves for a 5, I bumped everything up one and they never gave me another single vote so that's the mystery there. Could of DQd them but they did vote and it didn't impact top 3/billy.
Legend mate - filled in :thumbsu:
One user voted themselves for a 5
Dinsdale you had one job man...

5 The Cure - The End Of The World Dinsdale
4 Rishloo - Freaks & Animals Riviat
3 Skrillex, Fred again.. & Flowdan - Rumble Chipmunk
2 Set the World Afire - Megadeth Ulahoopski
1 Freddie Gibbs - Dark Hearted Ocha905

BM WOOD DANCE - Mkwaju Ensemble endure

5. The Decemberists - "After the Bombs" One of my favourite bands. NaturalDisaster 1st
4. Abigail Washburn - "City of Refuge" Actually got a prediction right myblueroan 11th
3. Megadeth - "Set the World Afire" Ulahoopski 4th
2. Hot Chip - "How do You do?" por_please_ya 6th
1. Skrillex, Fred Again.. and Flowdan - "Rumble" Chipmunk 13th

Billy. Thursday - "War All the Time" hotchilli with the double Billy ouch sorry.

HM's. Lost Years, Davey Asprey and INXS.

Playlist rating - 6/10. Still finding there to be more misses than usual but the top echelon was better.
I've learnt my lesson, back to The Wombats.

Confused High Quality GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we need a free for all theme next, or in the very least, an open theme that's easy to find a nom for. I don't think the last few themes have really allowed for it.

Just something to try and bump the numbers up to the 20-25 mark again.

I reckon we need a free for all theme next, or in the very least, an open theme that's easy to find a nom for. I don't think the last few themes have really allowed for it.

My idea for that was to have a round where you nom a song that means something to you. No restrictions.

The problem's been there hasn't been a new regular contestant that's stuck around since I joined almost 90 rounds ago (hopefully MBR changes this). Meanwhile the semi-regulars have gone from "mostly in" to "mostly out" during my time here.

For only 17 noms. This is one of the best. So many songs I love. It's one of those rounds where noms aren't obvious
Probably because 90% of it is rock lol.
Have to agree. I've tried hard consistently to get more people in the comp and when we had 25+ the quality dipped.
That doesn't make sense to me. The more noms, the greater chance of finding something enjoyable. I enjoyed the 30+ nom contests heaps and since then my HM's have gone from 7-8 to lucky to get to 3. More votes to go around is nice too, the average song votes has gone from the high teens to low teens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back