Songs That Sound A Little Too Similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Snowy White-Bird of paradise, Dire Straits-Brothers in arms. Dunno if it was just their styles being similar or maybe a few streches of the songs are the same.

This sounds like an early Beatles song but can't remember which - maybe a bit like "Things We Said Today"

[YOUTUBE]xXPJpjsmsnk[/YOUTUBE]

Meshuggah- Pineal Gland Optics
[YOUTUBE]3mTyr5lVlVE[/YOUTUBE]

Porcupine Tree- Circle of Manias
[YOUTUBE]vAhahAR9qaQ[/YOUTUBE] (Last 2:20)

I think PT openly admitted that Circle of Manias was influenced by Meshuggah.

The opening riff of Wake Up by R.A.T.M

[YOUTUBE]CUfaJ8RqfOg[/YOUTUBE]

and the opening riff of Kashmir (no video needed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they even admitted to ripping it off or editors on Wikipedia have pointed it out.

The main riff in "Enter Sandman" by Metallica sounds like a re-working of "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple.

"Pumping Up Your Stereo" by Supergrass sounds like a huge rip-off of David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel".

Down Under - Men At Work and Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree (apparently).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ju...n-hit-down-under/story-e6frf7jo-1225826673826

lol.

Pathetic.

An Aussie great suing an Aussie great.

AlfStewart_RayMeagher.jpg

"Strike me roan".

lol.

Pathetic.

An Aussie great suing an Aussie great.

AlfStewart_RayMeagher.jpg

"Strike me roan".

Pathetic is the word.

It's only a small part of the Down Under song that Men of Work supposedly ripped off, ie. the little flute part, the rest of the song sounds nothing like it. I've heard plenty of worse cases of plagiarism.

Looks like a case of some money hungry publishers seeing an opportunity to get their slice of a cash cow. Men at Work should tell them to get f***ed, it was the rest of their song that made it a big money spinning hit, not the silly little "Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree" flute part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back