Speculative Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually looking at his stats he seems a decent player.. didn't realise he was pick 2. 24 years old now, so not incredibly young.

I don't see us giving up our first rounder for him, unless we intend to get a first rounder from somewhere else though.

My best guess. A player and a pick for him (NFI which player we would be trading though). Or 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick.

I like Walker but would no way want us to lose our first round pick for him, especially considering his injury history...I could see a 2nd round pick, or maybe 3rd round + Motlop, as I heard they were interested in him earlier in the week

Sorry guys, but a 2nd round pick or 3rd round + Motlop is not a bold play for him. The Crows are very keen to get him. I'm not sure that you have really made a bold play, but if you have you would have to give something of considerable value.

Damn I will need to call my good mate Rhodey and tell him to increase our offer then!

If the Crows are after Tambling and Jacobs surely we could easily beat their offer for Walker, that is, if we actually want him.

Any chance that Chaplin, Carlise or Trengove could be on the table? Would Port be interested in a package of Jacobs and Walker in exchange for one of those three and something extra?

God I hope we're just doing this to make the crows cough up as much as possible for walker. Lightly built, bad shoulders, dodgy kicking - we've had enough of that on our list over the past few years.

Doubt it Abers.

Would need to be walker and your first rounder. But considering how high your first rounder is this year, and the depth of this years draft due to GC signings, I doubt it would be enough even for Carlile.

EDIT: Thats may be way overrating Carlile actually. hmm.

Any chance that Chaplin, Carlise or Trengove could be on the table? Would Port be interested in a package of Jacobs and Walker in exchange for one of those three and something extra?

get us pick 5 and those 2 players and you can have bobby :)

not unless the someting extra is Gibbs and still then i doubt they would be on the table. Nick Salter might be more of a possibility to fill your needs.

God some people from other teams underate our Backline so badly.

We probably have the best young backline coming up, and Chappy, Bob and Trengove are major parts of this.

Neither of them would be traded, ever. Ever.

There arent really many of our players who would be/could be traded this year imo.

I would think Motlop, Pettigrew and a few other dodgy youngins (read M. Westhoff) would probably be the only things on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Chaplin, Carlile and Trengove are all massively required. It would take an elite midfielder (of which you only have one) to pry even one of them away from us.

We may have expressed interest in Walker, but I doubt that interest would be any greater than offering a second round pick for him. Motlop may be on offer though.

We probably have the best young backline coming up, and Chappy, Bob and Trengove are major parts of this.

There arent really many of our players who would be/could be traded this year imo.

I would think Motlop, Pettigrew and a few other dodgy youngins (read M. Westhoff) would probably be the only things on the table.

Settle mate, I actually really rate all three players, hence why I put it up as speculative. Jacobs and Walker do have decent trade value to.

wow - sorry to burst your bubble but hell no - you couldnt pick 3 players who are rated higher than port fans IMO

if you want a tall defender - how about chad cornes? ;-)

Is Walker to the Bulldogs done with now? I really hope we can get him as I rate him, but I just don't want us to give up too much...thing is, they aren't going to get rid of a contracted number 2 draft pick very easily

Is Walker to the Bulldogs done with now? I really hope we can get him as I rate him, but I just don't want us to give up too much...thing is, they aren't going to get rid of a contracted number 2 draft pick very easily
Dogs are still keen and the Crows are very keen. We're also happy to keep him if a deal can't be worked out so we won't be letting him go cheap.

wow - sorry to burst your bubble but hell no - you couldnt pick 3 players who are rated higher than port fans IMO

if you want a tall defender - how about chad cornes? ;-)
I wouldn't trade Trengove for ANYONE, that's the man love I have for Treggers :)

Pretty much. They are making a huge play for Sherman instead and wouldn't have enough to give up for Walker.

Carlton fans definately overrating Walker. He is injury prone and has been in and out of this side this season.

Motlop>Geelong
Gamble> Carlton
Walker> Port

I actually think that it's the opposite, like us they rate these guys highly as thats why they would love for one of them to be put up for trade, hence they query the possibility which is 'not a chance in hell'...ha.

These guys are untouchable in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back