Streaming Squid Game Discussion Thread - SPOILERS INSIDE

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than the VIPs (I'm assuming them being dumb Americans/foreigners was intentional, but s**t... there's a limit to how dumb you can make a character), loved the show. Kind of reluctantly gave it a watch at first because of how popular it is, then smashed through it in about a day.

My only real problem/let down was:
The reveal that the cop's brother was the masked bad guy. I assumed it would be him most of the way, so it was pretty disappointing to have their encounter be so short and then not really have any follow up. Seemed like a lot of build up for no real pay off.

Other than the VIPs (I'm assuming them being dumb Americans/foreigners was intentional, but sh*t... there's a limit to how dumb you can make a character), loved the show. Kind of reluctantly gave it a watch at first because of how popular it is, then smashed through it in about a day.

The reveal that the cop's brother was the masked bad guy. I assumed it would be him most of the way, so it was pretty disappointing to have their encounter be so short and then not really have any follow up. Seemed like a lot of build up for no real pay off.

The actor for the Front Man, along with the salesman that appeared for brief parts in the first and last episode, are both very well known actors in Korean dramas. Many speculate their other TV commitments meant their screen time was limited - obviously they could easily put a different actor for scenes where the Front Man had his mask on, and his voice was disguised anyway.

Other than the VIPs (I'm assuming them being dumb Americans/foreigners was intentional, but sh*t... there's a limit to how dumb you can make a character), loved the show. Kind of reluctantly gave it a watch at first because of how popular it is, then smashed through it in about a day.

expect the cop brother to not be dead and turn up in season 2

I think the vips are socially awkward individuals who lack the ability to interact in the world. They see life differently. Communication skills limited and constrained to delusions of self importance where life is measured by $.
Any resemblance to a web forum admin is entirely coincidental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started watching because of the hype (and the intriguing trailer, to be fair) and really enjoyed it. Hearing a lot of people were disappointed with the ending, but not sure why. There's a couple of things I could have done without, but overall it was still good. Not up to the quality of episodes 6 and 7 but makes for a good whole overall.

Any season 2 predictions?
Its very likely they'll continue from where it ended with the main going through the games again trying to destroy them from the inside.

However gut feeling they'll base season 2 in the US with American players (and American childhood games) with a couple of mentions and cameos from season 1.

Its very likely they'll continue from where it ended with the main going through the games again trying to destroy them from the inside.

However gut feeling they'll base season 2 in the US with American players (and American childhood games) with a couple of mentions and cameos from season 1.

Yep i feel this is how it will go. Also think it wont be anywhere near as good.....

maybe i tuned out but did they explain why san woo needed to go into the game? i know he was trying to kill himself but did he lose all his money in the stocks or something? did he crack under pressure of being the guy who went to uni and flopped?

and did anyone else think he knew what was coming ahead of each game? or did he see the pictures on the wall or because he was university educated he just picked up tactics and advantages quicker?

i wonder if he had been a VIP and lost it all gambling with other VIPs and took a chance knowing how the games work to win it all back? or maybe he invested in the whole thing but got screwed out of his return?

also shouldnt the mobster guys from episode 1 have come and found gi hun? its been a year and he was living his same life, wouldnt they know where to find him? it had only really been like a week or 2 from episode 1 to episode 9 and he had that contract with them and he hadn't really spent any of his money

maybe i tuned out but did they explain why san woo needed to go into the game? i know he was trying to kill himself but did he lose all his money in the stocks or something? did he crack under pressure of being the guy who went to uni and flopped?

and did anyone else think he knew what was coming ahead of each game? or did he see the pictures on the wall or because he was university educated he just picked up tactics and advantages quicker?

i wonder if he had been a VIP and lost it all gambling with other VIPs and took a chance knowing how the games work to win it all back? or maybe he invested in the whole thing but got screwed out of his return?

Some good hypotheses there mate. I don’t recall how he got there.

Another question. I’m the tug of war game how did the staff get the rope through the guillotine circle and then both sides of the rope to both sides of the platform.

Some good hypotheses there mate. I don’t recall how he got there.

Another question. I’m the tug of war game how did the staff get the rope through the guillotine circle and then both sides of the rope to both sides of the platform.
It wouldn't be too hard. They could just pass a solid pole through the guillotine, as a leader, with the rope attached to the end of the pole.

Alternatively, they could have had a scissor lift, hidden in the darkness below. They could just drive it into place after the bodies have been removed, raise the platform, and pass the rope through.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wouldn't be too hard. They could just pass a solid pole through the guillotine, as a leader, with the rope attached to the end of the pole.

Alternatively, they could have had a scissor lift, hidden in the darkness below. They could just drive it into place after the bodies have been removed, raise the platform, and pass the rope through.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app
oh yeah i see that now.

You're reading way too much into it. He knew what was coming with the honeycomb shapes game, as the girl told him she saw them cooking big batches of honeycomb when she went through the ducts. When he saw the shapes he put 2 and 2 together.

He lost a s**t tonne of other peoples money and ended up poorer than those that were poor all along. 100% never one of the VIPs.

You're reading way too much into it. He knew what was coming with the honeycomb shapes game, as the girl told him she saw them cooking big batches of honeycomb when she went through the ducts. When he saw the shapes he put 2 and 2 together.

He lost a sh*t tonne of other peoples money and ended up poorer than those that were poor all along. 100% never one of the VIPs.

cool cool, maybe they could of had like a 30sec flashback of his downfall.

i just thought he picked up on the sensors quick in game 1, knew to havea strong team for tug of war, picked ali to manipulate him for marbles. it appeared the glass path was a completely new game but he still chose a later number. like you said maybe im reading too much into it wanting there to be something more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back