Review St Kilda defeated Geelong Rd 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 18, part of the Carlisle trade which we are now 100% clearly winning. The bombers have a bloke running around in the reserves and we have Jade "Superstar" Gresham winning games off his own boot, with Carlisle still to come.

Huge trade win.
Looking good at this stage got what we needed in two areas.
Francis could still we'll be a star

Not sure which one I love more.
giphy.gif
Gresh's "F*** YEAH!!!!"

.... or this photo ....

upload_2016-6-26_2-41-44.png

Gresham with the poor shot out on the full, followed up with an absolutely incredible game, his darting through traffic is as good as I've seen. Have so much faith in his hands. Then went and kicked the most incredible goal to get us back in it.

Just the goal deserves a rising star nomination don't you think?

Pick 18, part of the Carlisle trade which we are now 100% clearly winning. The bombers have a bloke running around in the reserves and we have Jade "Superstar" Gresham winning games off his own boot, with Carlisle still to come.

Huge trade win.
Always was. We got Gresham who we always wanted, and now just need to get Carlisle fit and firing. He was a happy boy on Twitter after the game.

The best thing about the win was how much it mattered to the the players.. After close losses to Hawks and North they really revelled in that win last night..
Well deserved too

Back in January I said anything but Finals would be a disappointment this year.

Well...

@ Gold Coast
v Essendon
v Melbourne

v Western Bulldogs
v North Melbourne
v Carlton
v Sydney
v Richmond
v Brisbane

That leaves us with 11 wins, then if we can knock off 2 of either North, Dogs, Swans or Tigers, we'll play finals this year. Unbelievable to think it's actually a reality.

I think at our best we can beat North and Richmond, and could give the Dogs a run.

Going to be a really interesting last couple of months of the season but ******* hell I'm proud of the effort the guys put out there last night. I said here earlier in the week that if we started well we'd be in for a good show and exactly that happened. Gresham was sublime, Stuv should be an AA this year, Riewoldt dominant again.

It's just such a good feeling seeing the players rewarded for their hard work. Some of the calls last night didn't go our way but we stuck fat and pulled it off anyway.

Now at 6-7 with the fixture blowing wide open for us, anything is possible. I hope they celebrate this win but make sure we take care of the next couple of weeks against the Suns & Bombers.

Just so proud to be a Saints supporter tonight, it's moments like these that make you proud to be a Saint. Onwards and upwards from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always amazed by how many times it looks like Jack Steven is gonna be tackled but then he arches his back and his little shuffling legs seem to kick into another gear an he scoots away.
Love how he just takes the game on.
He could very well end up a 3 or more time Trevor Barker medalist by the time his career is through.

Last edited:
Great job guys, you cost me a lot of money and you are my ex's team but still good to see a team overcome some bad umpiring
Read the Geelong board and they received the bad umpiring. Anyway a win against Geelong is a good win. Too many arrogant Geelong supporters out there. The competition is pretty even but they seem to think they're miles a head, a good reality check needed.

Read the Geelong board and they received the bad umpiring. Anyway a win against Geelong is a good win. Too many arrogant Geelong supporters out there. The competition is pretty even but they seem to think they're miles a head, a good reality check needed.
The umpiring was really bad both ways last night; that wasn't what cost Geelong. It was their ridiculous squandering of opportunities that did.

Not sure which one I love more.
Gresh's "F*** YEAH!!!!"

.... or this photo ....

View attachment 260539

Why'd you have to choose?..... Both will do very nicely, thank you!
The only thing missing is a "significantly pleasing" photo of Richo!! :D

Well firstly what a win. Ordinary sides dont lead by 5 goals and then get overtaken by 2 goals and still win. We are better than ordinary. Another thing is selectors know more than us on here so next Thursday when certain players are picked and others aren't can we give them some credit instead of looking for faults.

Now on some players. Obviously Ross was clearly best last night. I got that completely wrong but what it tells us is certain players develop at different rates. Gresham is going to be a freak show. Steven , when it counted, was unbelievable. He is elite and don't doubt it. Roo well what more can you say. One of the most courageous players I have seen. Went with a pies and cats supporter last night and I mentioned there are still morons who have doubts on him and their words were simple, don't ever listen to things they say about footy because clearly they have no idea.

The great thing also about last night is we didn't have many great players but we were great as a team so when people doubt Richo's coaching and ask why haven't we improved under him the simple answer is the side and that is a hell of a lot more important than individual players. As big Kev would say I'm excited.

Last edited:
The umpiring was really bad both ways last night; that wasn't what cost Geelong. It was their ridiculous squandering of opportunities that did.
I wasn't saying that it did, just pointing it out that some Geelong fans are sooking about it. I didn't see the match but I suspect you're right that the umpiring was poor both ways and Geelong stuffed up opportunities. One example on their board was the menzel. Anyway well deserved win.

He does not stop. He's the energizer bunny!

Was speaking to a guy who plays at my local club and also works at the saints and he was saying Jack is impossible to stop. If he isn't getting possessions he is doing pressure acts which the club now rate as the number one stats in how a side is going. They love him at the club. Probably more than we believe. Interesting is the club don't rate clearances and contested possessions that highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back