Autopsy St Kilda v Sydney Rd 18 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh come on. Who had this game pencilled as a win from the start of the season? Not one person on the saints board would have.

The team is nicely poised for Port with Wingard in doubt and the team wanting to respond.

Lose that and Melbourne and then The season is over, not anytime before that
Jez I hope we don't finish 9th again.

We are an average side. We are still 4 players short of being a good side. That is how I saw it at the start of the year. Gone pretty much expected. Couple of good wins that average sides can have and a few poor loses that average sides can have. We need an out and out star outside mid. Kelly is where we should be putting everything in to. We need another A grade mid and then 2 or 3 B plus players. This current side cannot win a final. Most in the current side can win a finals if we add some real good players. A new assistant coach or two probably wouldn't hurt but unlike some on here I have no idea who should go and stay. I haven't been in the coaches box like some others obviously have,

I had genuine hope for a win tonight. I had a gut feeling. Sadly, it just turned out to be indigestion.

We were so poor at stopping their run and carry. We let them release to a runner every time.

We NEVER back ourselves in to own the corridor. We continually just go wide. So predictable. And that short kick to the back pocket from kick in 100% of the time has to go. Let's try being a bit random and unpredictable

And, for the love of God, can we please not give the ball back every ******* time we kick it? It was embarrassing to watch tonight

Sadly even this eternal optimist has lost a bit of faith. Good teams just don't lose consistently by 7 goals.
We have a long way to go
The sad thing is. When we were marking the ball in defence and getting caught with that short kick slow movement and turn over.
Have a look what players it was with ball in hand. Players like Roberton, Webster, Carlisle.
These arnt inexperienced players. That pisses me off. Thats how good their coached. 5+ year players look like deers in headlights! Unable to get any set play and forward run going.
Wtf have they been training for 3 years.
We have the worst set up structure in the league.
Slow ball movement and kick it long. We make it look so difficult for a side that has quite a few experienced players.

We are an average side. We are still 4 players short of being a good side. That is how I saw it at the start of the year. Gone pretty much expected. Couple of good wins that average sides can have and a few poor loses that average sides can have. We need an out and out star outside mid. Kelly is where we should be putting everything in to. We need another A grade mid and then 2 or 3 B plus players. This current side cannot win a final. Most in the current side can win a finals if we add some real good players. A new assistant coach or two probably wouldn't hurt but unlike some on here I have no idea who should go and stay. I haven't been in the coaches box like some others obviously have,
Just can't help yourself can you

The sad thing is. When we were marking the ball in defence and getting caught with that short kick slow movement and turn over.
Have a look what players it was with ball in hand. Players like Roberton, Webster, Carlisle.
These arnt inexperienced players. That pisses me off. Thats how good their coached. 5+ year players look like deers in headlights! Unable to get any set play and forward run going.
Wtf have they been training for 3 years.
We have the worst set up structure in the league.
Slow ball movement and kick it long. We make it look so difficult for a side that has quite a few experienced players.

There was no movement or work from those up the field it seemed to me. Just stagnant.

The team has looked flat since after half time against Richmond. If there is a flaw in Richo's coaching, it is becoming plainly obvious to me that it is motivation of the team..they look disinterested, especially when they get a few goals behind.
IMO i think they played for Roo that night and that was the reason for the freakish good form.
It was plainly obvious. They went harder and tougher and actually made a huge effort to convert. But they did it for the true leader of the club. Reiwoldt. Not Richo.
These last weeks all aim to the same thing. The group dont play for this coach.

Why? Because he has given a reasonable and realistic response that doesn't fit the chicken little agenda.

Truth is there are a few armchair experts on here that are licking their chops at these results and think they know better.

Funny that it is the same people and the same posts Everytime we lose and nothing when from those when we win. We may have coaching issues but we also may just have average players. How many AA have we had in the last few years.

Why? Because he has given a reasonable and realistic response that doesn't fit the chicken little agenda.

Truth is there are a few armchair experts on here that are licking their chops at these results and think they know better.
No because he continuously pots other for doing the exact same thing he does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually I hate seeing us lose, but our effort last night was so pathetic that I actually didn't even care. Infact I wanted Sydney to keep kicking goals so maybe we'd lose by 150 points and wake the entire club up.

Its got nothing to do with how we played and it might just be me but is anyone else a little annoyed at the credit the Swans seem to be getting for the pride game even though to me it seemed as though we were clearly the ones who initiated the game.

Having calmed down a bit since last night; a few on here mentioning that we're a handful of players short of being a quality side are spot on. We need more grunt and polish inside. We need players that we can rely on to step up when the game is getting away from us.

Although he's had an inconsistent season, I've seen enough from Dunstan this year to suggest he's on a similar path to Seb. I think it will click for him next year.

We have seen the impact that Danger had on Geelong. If we can pick up a gun I think it will help us enormously. Here's hoping.

Ex
Not really. Calls it as he sees it.

A few on here insisting their views as fact.

We all have a right of reply IMO.[/QUOTE
Yes we do

And what is that mowperson? I think that name is more politically correct. When do I comment on things I cant actually see? If it continuous there should be many examples.
Really couldn't give a flying ---- what you think is politically correct, just find it very funny how many people you have run ins with

Really couldn't give a flying ---- what you think is politically correct, just find it very funny how many people you have run ins with

Have no run ins with people. Actually I did yesterday when I was umpiring. A guy said I was terrible and I said I know that's why I'm doing D1 reserves and I said that's why you are playing D1 reserves. Plugger66 has disagreements with other nicknames. We don't know who these nicknames belong too. Plugger66 is just an internet user. I reckon some here are far to serious and actually think they are mates or enemies. None of us even know each other. Anyway you didn't provide one example of me commenting on things I cant see. I still say we all have no idea if we have good or bad assistants.

Gee the journo's went easy on Richo in the press conference.

Asked him mainly about the positives of the night and no hard hitting questions on where we are at.

Not the questions to a coach of a team who expects more - was the questions to a team entrenched in 10th-14th and not on the up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back