Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I just feel like the ST suffers from a refusal to call back to the PT. Even though that trilogy is much maligned, it’s canon and trying to ignore it like Disney has over the years isn’t healthy for the franchise.
Oh 100%. Especially the music.

This movie will be judged as harshly as Attack of the Clones is in ten years time.

Attack of the Clones is rather underrated in my book. 30 minutes too long yes, and the Anakin/Padme love story is wank, but there there is still plenty to enjoy from it, especially more The late, great Christopher Lee's dignified and powerful performance as Count Dooku.

Also Jake The Muss as Jango Fett kicked ass, in fact I would have given him more screen time in lieu of the cringe worthy Ani trying to get into Padme's knickers scenes.

Geonosis is also arguably the the most unique and authentically realized alien planet in the entire Skywalker saga as well..

Attack of the Clones is rather underrated in my book. 30 minutes too long yes, and the Anakin/Padme love story is wank, but there there is still plenty to enjoy from it, especially more The late, great Christopher Lee's dignified and powerful performance as Count Dooku.

Also Jake The Muss as Jango Fett kicked ass, in fact I would have given him more screen time in lieu of the cringe worthy Ani trying to get into Padme's knickers scenes.

Geonosis is also arguably the the most unique and authentically realized alien planet in the entire Skywalker saga as well..
Kamino ain't bad either. I actually really like AOTC, don't quite get the hate for it.

Geonosis battle was the closest we got to see of the Jedi at full power in battle, loved it.

Kamino ain't bad either. I actually really like AOTC, don't quite get the hate for it.

Honestly believe it was the sappy and overlong romantic subplot.

Also the crap about Anakin whinging about Obi-Wan and accusing him of being a bad mentor and holding him back grates, given we had no on-screen context for it, and it seemed like lazy/hasty writing by George Lucas.

From what we saw on-screen in the Prequels, Mace Windu was far more of an arsehole to Anakin than Obi-Wan ever was, I really wish George Lucas explored that conflict better, even if Anakin played a major role in Windu's death.

Jack's gone mad.

Lots of people were upset with Gunn getting sacked, big disappointment in the fanbase, cast members went public with it, there were talks of a boycott unless he was hired back, all eventually leading to the desired outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AOTC is actually a fresh and different take on a Star Wars movie, it's just that it's bad parts are truly horrendous and also double as the central plot. All the supporting stuff around it is good and still feels original.

Recently watched AOTC with my son and really enjoyed it. There is actually a case to be made that Star Wars movies start with the best one ever (I know many say TESB) and get progressively worse with ROS at the bottom of the pile?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And my point, that you responded to, was that Marvel didn’t allow negative events or narrative to alter its direction whereas Lucasfilm appears to have panicked. Why Wright left is wholly irrelevant. As is often the case, I’m not sure why you’re arguing a point.

They did. And no one was overly concerned that someone who clearly put his imprint on the film was gone. Now obviously they have hired him back but it just shows that Marvel have enough credits in the bank that negative news just washes off them (like Derrickson). But every negative Star Wars decision will play into a narrative that they are in crisis.

There was significant concern at Gunn’s (temporary) departure.

Honestly believe it was the sappy and overlong romantic subplot.

Also the crap about Anakin whinging about Obi-Wan and accusing him of being a bad mentor and holding him back grates, given we had no on-screen context for it, and it seemed like lazy/hasty writing by George Lucas.

From what we saw on-screen in the Prequels, Mace Windu was far more of an arsehole to Anakin than Obi-Wan ever was, I really wish George Lucas explored that conflict better, even if Anakin played a major role in Windu's death.

As I've mentioned in a previous post (6,321) the fact that Lucas had to force the relationship on us in the second movie to the detriment of AOTC because he wasted that opportunity in the Episode I with Anakin being so young. The first movie should have set that tone for the trilogy much like Lia and Solo did in the OT but due to the Phantom Menace being a whole lot of nothing the audience where forced with a predictable rushed relationship Which took away from exploring more about the beginnings of the Clone Wars and Anakins relationship with Obi-Wan as well as with Owen Lars, I thought the movie could have explored that relationship a lot more too.

anyway take the cringe relationship with its horrible dialogue scenes out of AOTC and its a pretty good movie.

Last edited:
Yeah Star Wars makes it sound like a lot more went down with Owen than what AOTC showed. Hopefully the Obi-Wan show can fix that.

A simple thing would have been to have Owen follow him to the sandpeople and witness him slaughter them.

The sequel trilogy is far better made than the prequels, but the latter is more fun to watch because the former is far too familiar.

TFA and a chunk of TROS lack the feel of being made by someone genuinely trying to tell a story they care about, and TLJ tells a crappy story that begins to feel like a troll, sorry, 'subversion', three quarters of the way through.

The sequel trilogy is far better made than the prequels, but the latter is more fun to watch because the former is far too familiar.

I disagree, as trilogies the overarching story of each branch is Ani -> Vader | Vader - Luke | Luke - Rey in the Skywalker geneology, a metric s**t tonne resides in "do you believe Rey's characterisation?" if the answer is no, the ST fails with how TROS ended on the overarching story device.

Inner universe you also had Republic -> Trade Federation / Clone Wars -> Empire | Empire -> Battle of Hoth/Yavin -> New Republic | New Republic -> Battle at Starkiller / Takodana / Crait / Exegol (Invasion: Unknown regions) -> New Republic (-Hosnian). "Universe" wise you have inner & outer rim in both OT & PT, and a dot with a line in the ST. Literally goes nowhere, is it a true invasion, a true fight for existence within?

Characterisation is largely better, they're fleshed out a bit more, they bounce off each other better, locations and events appear to look better, but the "meat & potatoes" of what they do hinges on the characters in the universe, and given the above, doing jack s**t outside of running around in circles as literally nothing changes.

The PT for all that is wrong with it, highlights opinion on Jedi (hamfisted) in telling Ani's story to Vader to tie into OT as Lukes story which bridged further by RO taking onto the years between. The ST, expecting people read books, play games, watch TV or do anything else except watch movies to know what occurred since ROTJ to TFA feels an isolated bubble in the overarching story of "the Skywalker saga".

The ST "looks" better made, similar to a Hutt enjoying a bog swamp and selling it as prime real estate.

I think the worst part of this was the montage of the Star Destroyers going down at the end over all these OT planets.

1. Weren't all available ships that could do this at Exegol?
  2. Weren't all the Star Destroyers still at Exegol as well except the one that went to Kijimi?
  3. Why would the people of Tattooine care? Why would the FO care about it?
  4. It's a terrible unnecessary rip off of Independence Day.

I think the worst part of this was the montage of the Star Destroyers going down at the end over all these OT planets.

1. Weren't all available ships that could do this at Exegol?
  2. Weren't all the Star Destroyers still at Exegol as well except the one that went to Kijimi?
  3. Why would the people of Tattooine care? Why would the FO care about it?
  4. It's a terrible unnecessary rip off of Independence Day.
And a rip off of ROTJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back