Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Star Wars (and movies in general), they can always come up with some bullshit reason to cover a plot-hole. Like, how Darth Maul somehow survived tho cut into two pieces, and managed to make his way back into official canon (thru Rebels) as being still alive right thru to near the time of A New Hope (as Rebels reaches that era).

As much as I like creative writing, let's be honest here. Maul surviving that and returning in Rebels is crap. He was sliced in half and fell down a (seemingly) never ending pit. Ridiculous really, what next - Han survived too? Even with the planet blowing up, who knows?

I've liked Rebels from what I've seen in bits and pieces, but it's lost a lot of credibility IMO by having Maul survive and return.

As much as I like creative writing, let's be honest here. Maul surviving that and returning in Rebels is crap. He was sliced in half and fell down a (seemingly) never ending pit. Ridiculous really, what next - Han survived too? Even with the planet blowing up, who knows?

I've liked Rebels from what I've seen in bits and pieces, but it's lost a lot of credibility IMO by having Maul survive and return.
I know they consider cartoons canon, but I don't. They just get too silly.

So Daisy Ridley is pretty much a supermodel now. And not one of the super thin ones either

609852824.0.jpg

:hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are so many fantasy / non real things in star wars why let Maul's aliveness be the only thing that breaks the deal? What about ewoks etc beating storm stroopers? Not a deal breaker? Or how many other dramas out there where similar dead characters came back to life.

I think you'll find this was a deal breaker for many, it's a very common criticism of ROTJ.

Even for me in Rogue One, I thought it was a bit ridiculous how 'easily' Donnie Yen took down those storm troopers with his staff. They lay there like they were dead. Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back