Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Rian has done a George Lucas

18033508_10212665760017572_7570845660713611039_n.jpg

Realised he ****ed up then pretended he meant it that way all along.

How did Luke get to Ach-To? So, he must have a ship parked in an underground garage of Ach-To. Wonder what kind of ship it is? It'd still be there, because he wasn't expecting to ever be visited, so he probably planned to eventually leave. So, Rey can always leave with Chewy in the Falcon, to go rescue her friends in ESB-style, while leaving the Jedi master behind in Dagobah-style. So Luke can always later in the film decide to leave in his own ship with R2 and join the bigger battle, thus turning the tide against the First Order, all the progress they'd made. But then, you'd think if Kylo/KoR attacked Ach-To in the first act, they would destroy much of that island Luke was hiding on, so he would have to leave in the first act too. Still separately from Rey tho. Perhaps telling her he'll catch up with her later, he has to first visit an old friend.

How did Luke get to Ach-To? So, he must have a ship parked in an underground garage of Ach-To. Wonder what kind of ship it is? It'd still be there, because he wasn't expecting to ever be visited, so he probably planned to eventually leave. So, Rey can always leave with Chewy in the Falcon, to go rescue her friends in ESB-style, while leaving the Jedi master behind in Dagobah-style. So Luke can always later in the film decide to leave in his own ship with R2 and join the bigger battle, thus turning the tide against the First Order, all the progress they'd made. But then, you'd think if Kylo/KoR attacked Ach-To in the first act, they would destroy much of that island Luke was hiding on, so he would have to leave in the first act too. Still separately from Rey tho. Perhaps telling her he'll catch up with her later, he has to first visit an old friend.

I'd say it's his X-Wing. Which I'm betting force ghost Yoda smugly hid in the water whilst Luke was sleeping. Because he never completed his training on Dagobah.

So if Luke ever wants to get off the planet, he has to finally get it out himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collider‏ @Collider 7h7 hours ago

In @rianjohnson we trust –

@KristianHarloff tackles some of Mark Hamill's quibbles about the current #StarWars arc http://trib.al/V1iJAfB

Gregors‏ @GregBurke85 7h7 hours ago
They're just going to copy Empire. Nothing new here.

Gregors‏ @GregBurke85 4h4 hours ago
Nothing against Johnson. Its disney thats controlling everything

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson 42m42 minutes ago Replying to @GregBurke85@Collider and 2 others
Hi Greg, this is Rian. I've actually had as much creative ownership as on any film I've done. Don't know if you'll like it, but it's me.

I wonder if Rian Johnson will try to out-do Gareth Edwards in terms of "war documentary" battle scenes. The whole TLJ might be an assortment of things, but when it comes to the battle scenes themselves, wonder if RJ will try to out-do GE, with grittiness, mayhem, carnage and death shown on both sides. While the ultimate battle scene wont last as long as GE's final third of R1, it might be more "epic".

There is a different problem. Making her a Skywalker would make it the same thing as Kylo. He is struggling with his legacy as Vader's grandson and she would be struggling with the same thing.

Actually her "struggling with the same thing" sounds really interesting. Not only is there the interesting compare and contrast and showing how their different life experiences/choices lead Rey and Kylo to different paths, but it also has a nice symmetry with the rest of the saga. For example, if you want to accept GL's idea that it's always been the story of Anakin, well then:

-PT-Anakin's rise and fall.
-OT-Anakin's redemption (through his son).
-ST-The battle for Anakin's legacy (through his grandchildren).

I'll recap all MSW spoilers (if the source is something else, I'll make a note, as well as when something is my speculation).

Snoke is not happy with Kylo. Speculation:It's possible that this image

90-48.jpg

is from when Snoke is scolding Kylo, since he looks sullen and he's clearly on a star ship, not on Ahch-to. Speculation:I'd say this is right after his recovery. MSW reports that we see him on a hospital bed with a medic droid working on him, and 4chan leak, that reported some stuff that checks, says we'll see him in a bacta tank. Speculation: Bacta is a parallel to Luke at the beginning of ESB and hospital bed + droid a parallel to Anakin at the end of ROTS. Speculation: We possibly only see one thing (MSW's hospital bed). He's even getting wardrobe like Luke in ROTJ/Anakin in ROTS so parallels are definitely there.

Snoke is unhappy that Kylo failed to bring him the girl. Kylo is pumped to prove himself to Snoke and believes he's dark enough so that he doesn't need his mask anymore. As you recall, his mask was to hide his insecurities, but now Kylo thinks he's a confident Dark Lord. We see his helmet broken, likely by Kylo himself (symbolism!) unless Snoke broke it in a "Man up, FFS!" fit of rage. [face_tee_hee] But anyway, it's broken but Kylo gets something better, which is a customized TIE that resembles Millennium Falcon! And a cape!

Whether there's some physical training or completing his training is merely "get the girl and dispose of the Skywalker" remains to be seen. No word so far.

from there on, he arrives on Ahch-to likely involving a ship wreck (there was crashed ship/shuttle debris on Ireland set). I'm curious what Jason thinks of Falcon chase from the teaser. is it how Kylo&his posse arrive (several TIE, chase Falcon, Falcon downs some) or is it from the movie's third act (lets say, FO chases them out of Ahch-to)?

Then he has a fight with Rey on the cliff, while Luke fights KoR That Are Not KoR. Jason has been told by different people that black-clad figures with medieval weapons spotted in Ireland are not KoR despite looking very similar. According to 4chan leak, Kylo fights Luke after Rey goes over the cliff, incapacitates him (that created huge fandom drama [face_tee_hee] few months ago) but Porgs (birds) attack him.

Beyond that is unknown though Reddit's Bothan Spy, whose leaks got confirmed so far, reported on a scene where Rey, Kylo and Luke are in Luke's hut. Rey and Kylo are having a conversation that Luke doesn't like, gets angry and the hut explodes. This is the description but Bothan Spy speculates that Luke may have blown up the hut by using the Force (unwittingly or deliberately). Speculation: as fun as it sounds that Luke blows up the hut, which I want to see so badly, maybe the explanation is less off the wall, such as that FO found them and blasted the hut, but the FS trio used the Force to save themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back