Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Rey's true identity, I swear LF/Disney are doing all this on purpose, to extract every ounce of thought power out of fans. Deliberately giving clues for every possible scenario.

The Jynn is Rey's mother theory....which we know now is not true....but the parallels were strong.

0feaefc0d33cbd8e53d04207d46acc76.jpg

Jyn-Rey.jpg

So....the Sequel Trilogy = Kylo wanting to continue Darth Vader's legacy, whilst Rey wants to continue Anakin's legacy. A tussle between cousins/siblings.

yes/no?

Could be.

Would like to know how Kylo got Vaders helmet because we all know Luke burns Vaders body at the end of Jedi i mean was Vaders body left there for 30 years and Kylo finds it?

Anyone else here think Vader was never fully turned? If you think about Vader had feelings for Luke. A true Sith Lord shows no emotions or empathy for others.
If you read the EU, comics/books, Vader was losing the trust of the Emperor, and/or the Emperor growing increasingly cautious of Vader that eventually Vader would try to take power -- that's the whole point of the "Rule of Two", the apprentice to eventually learn everything, become more powerful and claim mastership at the former master's expense. I guess once learning Luke was his kid, he wanted him as his apprentice. When Luke turned him down, why he said, well if you wont join me then maybe your sister will.

If you read the EU, comics/books, Vader was losing the trust of the Emperor, and/or the Emperor growing increasingly cautious of Vader that eventually Vader would try to take power -- that's the whole point of the "Rule of Two", the apprentice to eventually learn everything, become more powerful and claim mastership at the former master's expense. I guess once learning Luke was his kid, he wanted him as his apprentice. When Luke turned him down, why he said, well if you wont join me then maybe your sister will.

Haven't read any stuff from the old EU but that actually makes sense Palpatine wanted Luke to kill Vader because he knows Luke is more powerful and younger then Vader.

what do we know of benico's charachter?

We know nothing. Some rumors/leaks were that he's playing a dark sider to step in in case Kylo errs. Some rumors/leaks that he's playing some kind of senator at odds with Leia or who imprisons Leia.

I don't know where people say BdT could be Ezra given they look nothing alike, whereas there's more clues he could be Snoke -- looks the same, shown with the crossguard saber (concurrently to when TFA released, and only time a character outside of Kylo has been shown with one), messed with the holocrons, indeed, was the ONLY Jedi/Padawan to ever be able to open a Sith holocron as well as a Jedi holocron, Rebels story arc for a time pointing him as a "gray", etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read any stuff from the old EU but that actually makes sense Palpatine wanted Luke to kill Vader because he knows Luke is more powerful and younger then Vader.
Yep, in a reverse move, Palpatine offers the job to Luke -- kill your father and join me. They were all clamoring to get their hands on Luke!

Even tho Rian Johnson has squashed rumors TLJ is very much like ESB, there's already enough known that it raises eyebrows...

- Student trains in the force with Jedi Master
- Student fights the antagonist and gets knocked off a ledge
- Hero heals in Bacta Tanks/Chambers
- The enemy faction attacks the hero faction (mobile) base early on, forcing the heroes to split up
- Two characters wind up on the run from the enemy military and (maybe) start to develop feelings
- They wind up looking to get help from or give help to a scoundrel ally
- There is a betrayal
- Resistance ships on a white-hued planet defend against waves of attacking walkers

It'll be different. But I bet it'll have so many parallels to ESB. Already there are so many (listed above). Like, TFA was different to ANH, but the parallels are clearly there. The same beats. TLJ could very well have all the same beats and basic points. Like Disney/LF did another bullet-point synopsis of ESB and said, "here, ensure all this". Like they're just rehashing what worked originally. That whole "it's all a poetic circle" thing as the current running thru LF production meetings.

If it does end up drawing too many parallels, we might as well all know then how Episode 9 plays out.

Even tho Rian Johnson has squashed rumors TLJ is very much like ESB, there's already enough known that it raises eyebrows...

It'll be different. But I bet it'll have so many parallels to ESB. Already there are so many (listed above). Like, TFA was different to ANH, but the parallels are clearly there. The same beats. TLJ could very well have all the same beats and basic points. Like Disney/LF did another bullet-point synopsis of ESB and said, "here, ensure all this". Like they're just rehashing what worked originally. That whole "it's all a poetic circle" thing as the current running thru LF production meetings.

If it does end up drawing too many parallels, we might as well all know then how Episode 9 plays out.

If I'm not mistaken Rian Johnson has said recently that there will be some beats in the movie that will parallels ESB but not a carbon copy almost saying like it was unavoidable.

Here's one for the TLJ=ESB Disney asking for similar plot points from its directors.

What if BdT is playing a version of Lando Calrissian. He pops up, old buddy of Luke's (instead of Han this time). But it's a trap! Snoke coerced him to entrap Luke (or Leia). And she's frozen in some cryo-thing at the end of TLJ cliffhanger.

How about that, hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back